Texas A & M University-Galveston

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-Galveston

If I could go back to school, and confront myself my senior year, I would tell myself to start learning how to study and to start learning how to manage my time. I f I knew how to do this before I entered college, my first semester would have been much easier. I took a course to learn these skills this passed semester. The course helped me learn what I wished i had learned before I attended college. This is what I would have told myself if I could go back in time my senior year.

I would tell myself that it is ok to be scared and it is ok to feel out of place because it is a time for change and a time to start a life of my own. And even though I am leaving home doesn't mean that I can't go back home and it doesn't mean that it is no longer my home. Eventually I will find my place and enjoy where I am and what I am doing. College is difficult and at times extemely stressful, but I will get through it because I know I can do it.

what i have gotten from college experience is that in this life if you try your best, you are going to reach your dreams. if you don't do any effort, you are not going to reach your dreams. my major is criminal justice and been in college have helped me so much because now i know that this experience is going to be good for students who fight.

Do not wait to go to college. The transition from high school to college is so much easier than trying to work a full time job and attend college full time. Most of the courses can be tailored to fit any time frame needed. There is more financial aid available to those students attending college straight out of high school.

I am not sure that I would give myself any advice. I really enjoyed college and learned a great deal academically, spiritually, and phisically. I do wish that I had gotten to know my professors better and made a few more connections because it would make going to graduate school easier.

Attending a school rooted in academic excellence and traditions will turn an everyday college experience into a lifetime of memories. Anyone can earned a degree in the field they love, no matter the difficulty, as long as they are hard working and dedication.

When looking for a college, visit to see that there are peole like you that attaned. Find a school with a focus on your career goals and degree plan. And be involved in not only achademics, but other school activities to get the most of your college experience.

My advice to myself would be to save up your money. Everyone talks about how college life is full of cheap pizza and no extra "spending" cash, but I never really thought about that fact until I actually began to look at the amount of money is needed to survive.

Choose the right campus for the desired major. Do not choose a campus just because it's pretty. Do the research on the faculty in the desired department. Look into grants, because loans are ridiculously expensive in the long run. Also apply early.

Don't worry about leaving home so much. You are going to make so many lifelong friends that you won't be lonely and sad sitting in your room alone. Don't be afraid to talk to anyone, because everyone freshman year is scared just as much as you are.