Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

Texas A&M University has a spectacular veterinary program. Equipped with some of the most advanced medical technology and currently participating in the most innovative research projects, the veterinary program is renown. If not interested in Texas A&M University's prestigious academic fames, the campus, student body, and classroom setting is famous for creating a positive, friendly and comfortable environment. This university is huge but feels small because of the family-like atmosphere generated by the frienships and close relationships among students, teachers, and staff. Students are proud of their campus and it shows everyday.

Academics: Engineering, Agriculture, Military Science, Business, International Studies, Architecture, Etc. Social: Texas A&M isn't so much a large consortium of students as it is a family. Although we have a huge campus with over 45,000 undergraduate students, you'll feel like you know everyone around you as soon as you get here. Everyone looks out for each other and there's never a feeling of judgement or discomfort in social situations. Extracurricular: More clubs and organizations than you could imagine. From fraternities and sororites to car clubs, cigar clubs, and political organizations. It's all here.

Texas A&M is mostly known for being a traditional, conservative and school-spirited institution. As a former military school, many Aggie traditions reflect the former military values once prominent on campus. As opposed to its fierce rival, the University of Texas at Austin, Texas A&M is staunchly conversative and is well-known for it because of this contrast in Texas. With an active alumni network, supportive student body and prospective students, A&M is very school-spirited. Its successes in athleticism and academics along with its vast history allows for a strong sentiment of school-spirit.

Texas A&M has great professors and teaching assistants who are always willing to help and guide students. Most of the classes are taught by actual professors instead of TA not like other big colleges. Texas A&M also has kept many prestige and old traditions such as 12th Man, Midnight Yell, Gig 'Em, Bonfire, and ect. that students and staff try to maintain for next generations of Aggies. Our school is also known for having great sports team. We value character highly. our honor code: An Aggie does not lie, cheat or steal or tolerate those who do.

Texas A&M is best know for our unique traditions, such as Midnight Yell and Aggie Bonfire. A&M has many traditions that date back early into the school's history. These traditions make us different than any other campus in America. Traditions such as Silver Taps and Aggie Muster build unity among all Aggies, both current students and alumni. Texas A&M has a culture that is described as being unable to understand unless you are a part of it. My school is known best for our unending dedication to traditions, not matter how crazy we seem for it.

My school is best known for its vast and insane amount of traditions. Founded in 1876, as a military school, we have a HUGE amount of traditions. From having "yell leaders" instead of cheerleaders, to having a border collie as a mascot. From having midnight yell practice, to Muster, a day where we honor fallen Aggies, Texas A&M has traditions. Honestly, we get made fun of for them a lot. But i believe that if anyone embraces them, they will soon see the true Spirit of Aggieland, and fall in love with this great Texas school, like I have.

Texas A&M is most known for our Aggie traditions, spirit, and eduation. Besides the dedication we have towards our school, our school is well based and focused on the Aggie Honor Code. "An Aggie Does Not Lie, Cheat, or Steal or Tolerate Those Who Do." We honor our fellow lost Aggies month with by a ceremony called Silver Taps and hold close t our heart the Aggie Muster. All the traditions this school has to offer is breath taking and hard to be affected by it. Our school is most known for its Engineering program and Vet School.

A&M revolves around traditions. My favorite, Silver Taps, honoring a fallen aggie from the previous month. Best thing about this tradition is that you stand as a family to honor one of your fellow aggies.We stand in front of the Academic Building and watch the fallen aggie's family walk in infront of Sully,listen to Ross Volunteer Firing Squad march in and fire three rifle volleys, listen to taps once to the North, once to the South, and once to the West but never to the east because the sun will never rise on that aggie again.

Texas A&M University is best known for many Aggie traditions. One tradition is class yells, like for example, "Howdy! I am Maria and I am Junior, but I am the loudest and proudest Texas Fightin' Aggie of 2012. A-A-A-Whoop!" Other Aggie tradition is Ring Dunks. An Aggie who has completed ninety hours can earn a ring and dunk it in anything edible. Another Aggie tradition is going to the football games. An Aggie is expected to stand up through and attend the entire game. If not, the Aggie is considered a "two percenter."

The school is best known for its Agriculture and Engineering. Texas A&M holds traditions that makes students feel like a family as a whole, it possesses an amiable ambient that creates trust between one another. The traditions are brought to commemorate the deaths of those who passed away calling it the Aggie Muster, and Silver tabs for those that recently passed away. This University possesses traditions and expectations for all the students/Aggies that in fact centralize themselves to work hard and meet those expectations.