Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

Okay so classes are big so i would suggest using pickaprof.com to find the easiest prof your first year because you dont want to be in a class that is hard...i made that mistake. academics are awesome and you feel like ur getting a very good education!!

Despite the rigorous work (especially freshman year, which I'm in right now), the professors helps us actually learn something. This is rare in most high schools across the nation. So take advantage of what Aggieland offers from its academia.

A&M academics are career training as well as learning. Almost all classes will outline careers and learning through the semester. There are lots of career training courses available, with opportunities to gain certifications in many fields.

this is a tough school, but, you will be one smart dude when you get out of here...your basic classes are huge (300+) students. but now that i'm in upper level, there is anywhere from 10-30 students in my classes now.

The english department is one of the smallest on campus. There are only about 600 students as english majors, but this way we all get to know each other. It is like a close knit family of sorts!

difficult in subjects you might not be great at, but there's help available and if you care you'll be ok.

gig 'em aggies

Personally I careless about school tradition, I really care about tuitions. I was very dispointted about how this university treated their students. The way I think about what universities should do is that they should give good quality education to their students. Universities shouldn't be a institution which only care about money. The A&M which I believe turn into the school only cares about money and not students. First of all, I was disappointed about quatilies of professors. I was transfered from the Blinn college and I've met with good professors. I learned so much stuff from them. However, here in A&M, I have met with profesor who doesn't know how to teach. Some professsors are goog but some are bad. Maybe this is a bigger institution so this is the reason. Maybe it is true. However, I expect this universtiy at least should try to improve quality of those profesor. Some them only care about their research and doesn't have time for students. what I think about most unfair of all about this university is that all full-time students force to pay 15 hours tuitions. If students take more than 15 hours, they only have to pay for 15 hours. However, if students take less than that they still have to pay for 15 hours. Why are they doing this? They said they want students to graduate early that's the reson they are doing this. What a ridiculus reason it is. If they really want students to graduate early, why don't they just say, students have to pay for 12 hours and if students take more than 12 hours the fees are still same as 12 hours. That is understandable. Like I said they care about money more than students. They force students to take more classes than before and they what us to graduate early. I don't see any other reason than they simply wants to make more money. I thought the univeristy is the place where students are learn more stuff and become a person who would contrabute to this socity. I thought this place is a sacred and nothing to do with making money from students. I was disappointed and I guess i was wrong.

I am currently a kinesiology major aiming to become a physical therapist. This particular department has been very helpful in assisting me in achieving my goals and setting a plan for my future. Core classes have been my least favorite because they are very impersonal. There are more than 300 people in most of the core science or math classes because almost everyone has to take them. In these classes, professors do not get the opportunity to meet students unless the student approaches them and maintains contact with them throughout the semester. Once you get into upper level classes that are more major specific, the classes become more interactive, and the professors are more likely to remember your name and face. My favorite class so far has been a kinesiology class required for all kinesiology majors. It was not a regular PE class as most would think. It combined every aspect of physical fitness (cardio, stength, flexibility, agility, etc), and it contained a solid lecture base as well. This class forced me to push myself to reach my goals. Getting an A in that class is very difficult because the professor wants to you work towards improvement throughout the semester. It was great reflecting on my progress at the end of the semester. I accomplished things I never thought I could do. Although I did not get an A (granted I was very close), I still felt like I had accomplished so much more than just earning a grade. It seems like most professors at A&M want you to succeed, and they want you to improve. Most of my classes have been based on improving throughout the semester. The professors want you to leave your college career feeling ready for the real world, and that is exactly what they do.

Most of the time the classes are really large but once you get into the small classes the professors know your name. A lot of the times professors will remember you if you happen to take more than one class with them. If you miss class because you were sick, most of the time they've noticed that you were gone. My major was history and the classes that I took within the department were really interesting. There weren't any classes that I came away from and felt like I hadn't learned anything that I didn't know to start with. I even had some classes where I thought I knew everything and then I got into the class and it changed the way that I thought because there was so much that I didn't know. In some of my classes, we were learning things that you learn in high school and some of the historical concepts that they teach you in high school aren't really the truth. For me the most unique class that I took would have to I can't pick just one class there were so many that were great classes to take. It's just one of those where you look at the title and it makes you want to take the class. I've taken History of Building Technolgy, Life & Literature of the South, The Old South, History of American Seapower, there are just so many different options that you really can't take every class that you want to or you'd be here forever. I think that the academic requirements are pretty good. I think that the new emphasis on the writing requirement is great for the future.