Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

Class sizes at A&M are dependant on what class you take. Upper level classes are generally small, thus letting you have the chance to get to know your professor and other students. I personally have had amazing professors and met some wonderful people from classes alone. Being an English major at a university that is not known for its Liberal Arts college is interesting. The classes are wonderful because students and professors want to be there learning and discussing what we have read. My Medeval Literature professor used to be a child actor in a famous movie, however, he didn't like to discuss it very much. And it turns out that he knows my mom as well! College Station has this small town feel, and just happens to be a slightly large city. I believe that the education of students is geared at understanding the material and gaining something from the class. My Shakespeare professor told us after the first paper that he was more concerned about how we finish up in the class, how our writing has grown rather than how we are graded.

I won't lie to you, classes at A&M are hard. They want the best, but they are willing to help. There is no reason to fail a class when so much tutoring, supplimental instruction, and interaction in the classroom is all available to you. Get to know your TA in the big classes, and you will certainly have some large classes. Get to know you professor in the classes that are required for your major. Not only will they help you with the material, but they really want to see you succeed in life, so they will bend over backwards to help you elsewhere. Like I said, everyone here is so welcoming, and willing to help. I suggest you meet a friend in every class. Sit next to them, exchange phone numbers or friend each other on Facebook, because if you miss a class you can copy their notes, or you guys could study together. I have met some of my best friends this way!

Beginning classes are very large, but, if you make an effort to get to know a professor, they'll make the same effort towards you. In my experience, science classes are a killer. The most unique class I've taken is History of Rock Music, it was very entertaining. I feel the education requirements at Texas A&M are very reasonable and provide you to have another interest other than your major. I think the education at the university is geared toward getting a job AND learning for its own sake.

Academics here are fairly rigourous. I can't believe how easy I had it in highschool. But that's what you get when you come to such a prestigious school, such as this university. Professors truly care about your education, but you have to show them that you care too. Professors know your name if you take the time to get to know them on a personal level in their office hours. Students are highly competitive here. It's what makes academics such a huge deal here

My major professors know my name and maybe some others depending on the size of the class. my favorite class would be in poultry class and least favorite is either stat or genetics. i study a few hours a week. class participation really depends on the professor. i would think that we are all competitive but we are always willing to help too. poultry science is the best and the profs are great. i do spend time outside of class with the profs.

Name - in my upper levels they do. favorite - 2 of them, hort 201 with reed, greatest prof ever, and mgmt 466 with carr, sarcastic and awesome. least - any polisci class, so boring. study - you can never find a spot to park at wcl, so i guess a lot. participation - some students talk too much. intellectual - my friends do; talk about politics, business, stocks, classes, also video games. competitive - very.

We're a quality school with high academic standards. This means classes can be challenging and frustrating, but they can also be rewarding. We have several programs which are ranked among the best in the nation, but it is not a liberal arts school.

Academics are very tough here especially in the corps. Everyone always strives for excellence! It's pretty tough getting into this school, so you'd see my point in how much they want you to be academically successful.

I absolutely love my classes. Some are more difficult than others, but they're all very interesting. Most Professors really want to see you succeed so they help out in any way possible.

I think that my professors all genuinely care about the students and want to do what they can to help them.