Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

Texas A&M is an impressive university primarily because of the character of the students and the unique traditions. The average student is generally a positive, respectful, and caring individual. The student body is extremely involved in community service; there is one day event called "Big Event" where thousands of Aggies serve the community of Bryan. Texas A&M's school traditions exemplify this friendliness. It is tradition to say "howdy" when you walk past someone on campus. Other traditions such as Muster, where students honor their fallen Aggies really provide a sense of the "Aggie Family" that I love.

Along with the very friendly environment and well-reputed academic programs, the spirit and traditions in Aggieland are beyond comparison. When one is an Aggie, then he/she has connections world-wide and are "family." A Texas A&M degree opens up career opportunities that would not have been available otherwise. When the echo of 90,000 young and old Aggies standing meshed together singing the "Spirit of Aggieland" and swaying with linked arms and legs to the "Aggie War Hymn" can be heard from afar, one knows that this is Texas A&M- Home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies!

At Texas A&M University we take pride in our traditions, from showing our Aggie enthusiasm at athletic events to remembering the past and present members of the Aggie family. The greatest tradition at A&M is the Aggie Ring. The Aggie Ring signifies the core values and dedication to the university. Additionally, the Aggie Ring is a visual reminder of being part of the ?Aggie network." The Aggie Ring links every Aggie together and unites the Aggie family. As the tradition goes, ?I am the loudest and proudest member of the Fightin' Texas Aggie class of 2013 AAAAAAAA!!!?

The best thing about Texas A&M is the Corps of Cadets. The Corps is basically a four year ROTC program with no military commitment required, and it is completely amazing! Cadets are taught how to follow, and then to teach and lead others. They learn about physical and mental health/fitness, create strong friendships, and develop self discipline and motivation. The Corps provides academic and financial support, and is second only to the military academies in the number of officers commissioned each year. It develops well educated leaders of character.

The wonderful atmosphere and the opportunities that the school has opened up for me. The general student body here is very open and friendly. The faculty, also, is wonderful, I regularly call home with news about my new professor and the advice, help, and other opportunities (such as participating in some graduate experiments within my field) that my professors have laid before me. And the second thing is the ability of the school to take you as far as you want, as long as you are willing to work for it; also a huge plus is the Aggie Network.

The thing I brag about most when I tell people about my school is the way everyone keeps up the traditions. Everyone connected to the school, students, faculty, family members and even friends, support the traditions of the school. One of the biggest traditions, although it is fairly new, is the way we 'Maroon Out' for football games. This simply means that everyone wears maroon. Everyone who is rooting for our team dresses in maroon, from infants to the elderly. It is truly a sight to see when I walk into Kyle Field and see a sea of maroon.

The number one thing I absolutely love about Texas A&M is it has the friendliest people I have ever met. From the employees to the students, they greet and treat you outstanding. It's also an absolute blast to be there. There are over 800 groups and plenty of social events. Texas A&M offers tradition that is unbeatable. From everyone saying Howdy to the roaring fans of the 12th man on Saturday afternoon, Texas A&M is the greatest school in the country. I've visited plenty of friends, at various schools, and they simply don't compare.

I love this University. The campus, students and the proffesors are extreamly friendly, helpful and lively. The lively spirit of the university and all the traditions we have are extreamly encouraging and motivating. The university strives to provide the best educational services to students along with various cultural, social and environmental involvment. Texas A&M university has a very special place in my heart and i believe that evry student should have the opprtunity to experience such diversity and completeness in life.

It’s difficult to choose one aspect to brag about at Texas A&M. When I tell people about A&M, I tell them about our traditions. We have Midnight Yell, where we practice our yells for the fall football games the night before. We have the Memorial Student Center, where we honor our Aggies who are serving or have fallen while serving our country. We have the annual Muster, where we honor past and current Aggies that have died in the past year. These are just three of the traditions Aggies hold dear and make Texas A&M unique.

I like to brag about how much school spirit everyone has at Texas A&M Universtiy. There is such a friendly atmosphere on campus that allows you to enjoy walking around and going to class. Also, my school is so infused with many important traditions that take place throughout the year, whether it's a midnight yell before a home football game, or a silver taps ceremony to remeber the fallen aggies, there is always something to be a part of. Texas A&M is truly the happiest college in the nation, and the best in the world.