Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

People LOVE to joke that we are a cult school with crazy traditions. But if you don't go to A&M you just don't understand all the fun and school spirit that goes along with all those "crazy" traditions. It's actually a lot of fun! And a lot of those traditions are really meaningful... ask anyone about Muster and then you'll understand.

We are the Home of the Fightin' Texas Aggie 12th Man! Whoop! A&M is the friendliest college campus and everyone is a part of the Aggie family. There are hundreds of traditions which make A&M the greatest university in the world.

All TAMU students are White. All TAMU studentes are hicks. All TAMU students are strictly conservative. All TAMU studets are legacies. TAMU is centered around its "Aggie Spirit".

1)That everyone who goes to A&M wants to be a farmer, 2)that we're racist, 3)that we're drunk all the time, and 4)that we're brainwashed or A&M is a cult.

1) Texas A&M is a cult 2) only white, country folks attend A&M 3) A&M is extremely hard 4) A&M students and faculty are rude/hard to work with

The most common stereotype is that we are all redneck hicks that just came off the farm to learn how to be a farmer.

I think people think we are all country or ride horses to school every day. But that is just not the case!!

Lots of people think A&M is comprised completely of white, conservative, red-neck Ag majors and Corp boys.

That if you go to TAMU, you are just a farmer. The school cares about tradition and nothing else.

Several stereotypes are that we are all back-woods country folk, military- oriented, or just lazy