Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

Frustration is an emotion that I have barely experienced while at Texas A&M. There are teachers, advisors, peers and friends to help you whenever you are unsure about something, no matter what the issue. Managing time properly can sometimes get frustrating because there are so many opportunities and experiences that you want to take advantage of, yet not enough time. Although this is sometimes frustrating, I have been able to systematically discover successful ways to participate in many different things without missing out on a deeper level of involvement in each activity and friendship.

The most frustrating thing about Texas A&M University, is the enormous size. This applies to not only the size of the campus, which expands over thousands of acres, but the large student body that it is able to withhold, which number in the multiple thousands, not to mention the teachers that also teach at the university. The people, everyone is very hospitable at A&M, absolutely everyone. But the shear size of the campus and the amount of people you see everyday is very intimdating to an incoming freshman, probably not use to such campus/student body size.

IThe most frustrating thing about Texas A&M is that the Memorial Student Center, the major student hang out, is currently under construction. The administration decided to renovate the facility, which will take four years to complete. The MSC was my favorite place to go to on campus. It was a place where you could study, eat lunch, take a nap, hang out with friends, or even buy some new A&M gear. I am deeply frustrated that, because the renovation started in the fall of 2009, I was only able to experience the center for a meer single year.

I believe the most frustartaing thing about Texas A&M is how incomng Freshmen are treated better and helped more quickly than transferring students. Incoming Freshmen get the first choice into which school and major they want while transfer students(whio have proved they can and are willing to work and studyt in college) get to choose afterwads. I do not believe the school should put freshmen before transfer students. I originally wanted to go into Kinesiology major but was unable to since so many freshmen wanted to go into that major.

The weedout classes, notably biology and chemistry. Except for the people who get the easy profs, there is rarely anything good to be said about those classes. They're definitely managable, and are good for teaching you how to learn- which is the idea behind college- but if you don't stay on top of them, you can really fall behind. A&M is known for having an intensive science program though. Just don't talk to the liberal arts majors when you have a rough test week. They'll only make you feel more disadvantaged. You'll make it!

Texas A & M University is a huge campus. With around 50,000 people at this university, it is extremely easy as a freshman to fade into the background in large lecture classes. As you progress in your major, the classes become more one-on-one and personal. Sometimes I feel that this system of teaching is backwards. As a freshman, you are adjusting to a very new, very different environment. I feel that the "basics" should be covered in smaller classrooms. Hopefully this would boost the success of college freshman.

I believe the most frustrqating thing about Texas A&M Univerisity is its huge size. Some people may find this appealing, but i found it overwhelming, and hard to find friends. Clubs were on campus, but late at night, so if you wanted to go to campus alone, that was pretty much your only option. I lived off-campus and many of the poeple I already knew were not interested in the same things, so i ended up not makingmany friends because huge campus, with 300+ size classes, and too many culbs to choose from.

The most frustrating thing about my school would probably be the size of it. Texas A&M has a huge campus. It takes 15-20 minutes to walk from one side of campus to the other. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but when classes are right after each other it becomes power walk time. I have to speed walk to get from one class to the other in 20 minutes, and I have to make sure I'm ready before the teacher starts talking. This can become quite frustrating when you're walking around with a heavy backpack.

There are some people at this school who don't take pride in being an Aggie. This is one of the proudest Universities in the South, and those who are not proud, are not living the Aggie way. There is a sea of maroon on game days here in College Station, and you will find some students mocking the football team and fans and there are students who do not follow the Honor Code. The most frustrating part about this school is not a part of the school by any means, but those who are here and don't care.

The most frustrating thing about A&M is the steriotype that others place on us. Tell anyone that you're an Aggie, and they automatically assume that you listen to country music and study agriculture. This is completely untrue, and I meet many people who are unaware of the awards and the degree of success that A&M has recieved in past years. While there are some who enjoy conforming to meet the steriotypes put forward, there are others who are trying to change the way that others view Aggies!