Texas A & M University-College Station

« See more reviews of Texas A & M University-College Station

I wish I had known how important it was to be extremely outgoing the first semester of college. I had a tendency of only hanging out with my roommate or high school friends. That did not allow me to broaden my horizons and meet as many new people as possible. I was too shy for my own good. It is important to throw yourself out there and experience new things right off the bat, no matter how scary that may sound. College is a chance to get away from the things you know and explore the things you don't.

I wish I would had known in how big this school was, not that it bothers me, but I was expecting something more agricultural in terms that the terrains were farm based, It sounds stereotypical, but it was that first impression, well it also could have been a regret not coming to this school. If it were not for the motivation that one of my high school teachers gave me, I would not have met the people that are now my friends. Therefore, the result was that I found out how great this school really is.

I honestly think I knew the things I needed to go to this school. Fish Camp helped prepare me with all the traditions and school spirit. It also helped me meet fellow students so when school started I had people I knew to do stuff with. The campus is big with a lot to offer and if you ever have questions people are more than willing to help. The only thing I would've liked to know more about was off campus housing options. However, I would've never met some of my closest friends if I lived elsewhere.

There were a lot of unexpected things I wasn't sure about when I was coming to college. One thing I didn't expect was the amount of studying involved. I studied hard for my very first test and felt I was ready, but I was wrong. The transition can take you away like an ocean wave. I wish I would have known what to study, how to learn it and ways to manage my time to learning it all. Had I known what to expect, with my studies, during the first semester it would have been so much smoother.

I wish I known how big the school actually is and how willing the professors are to help you. Texas A&M is a school that is very spread out. It takes twenty minutes of walking sometimes to get from one class to another. Also, as a freshman, you're in class that has more than two hundred people, which makes it feel impersonal. However, if you go to you're professor's office hours, you don't feel like a number, you feel like a person, and they are willing to give you the help you need.

The most important thing you could possibly do at Texas A&M as a freshmen is to simply get involved. It's very hard to get out and meet people in a new enviornment, but it's so incredibly rewarding. Joining a freshmen organization or any university sponsered club is a fantastic way to meet people with similar interests, and make some of the best friends in your life. I wish someone had told me to participate in the first weeks open house activities so I could've gotten a head start.

Before my first semester at A&M, I, like almost all freshman had butterflies in my stomach about these next four years would pan out. Even after one semester here, I feel at more at home here than anywhere. I wish I had know just how friendly and truly unique the atmosphere at A&M is. Nobody should be nervous about meeting people or just asking how to get to class--there is an unspoken bond here, where somebody will give your their shirt off their back without a second thought.

How much money I needed on my meal plan. Just kidding- I really do think that I was very well prepared. I made an A and the rest B's, which, I must admit, is below what I expected. It really isn't high school anymore- you have to study. But I know that now, and I didn't find that out too late, I can still bring up my GPA a lot. Try not to spend too much money, study hard, but most of all be yourself. High school was about fitting in, conforming or getting shunned. Have fun.

I wish I did not have to apply to eleven different schools. Eight or nine would have been enough. Texas A&M is a wonderful school and I wish that I had not spread my efforts across so many other schools. I also wish I knew more about A&M. Most of my friends and family friends and ther parents are Longhorns and they told me a lot about UT. I didn't get the same amount of information about A&M from Aggies. Basically, get your information and look at it objectively, without bias.

I wish I had known better study skills. I spent a lot of time in the library over the course of the semester but not all of my grades reflect that. Time management is key to getting not only good grades but enough sleep and excersise to keep you healthy (and sane). All-nighters are never good. Coffee helps, but can only do so much. There really is no substitute for reading ahead, and getting homework done the night it is assigned instead of the evening its due.