Texas A & M University-Commerce Top Questions

lauren

I wish I knew that I was attending the school in the first place;it was caught by suprise.

Angela

I wish I had known how easy it could be to return to college and work towards completing my degree while still working and taking care of my family.

Maha

I wish I knew it is in a small community and it is middle of no where

angela

I just started this university as of August 29, 2011. So far, things are ok in my distance learning classes. The blackboard system is somewhat different from the blackboard in community colleges

Erin

I wish I had known how small the town really was, and how the only kind of entertainment is partying.

Tyler

I wish I would have had a better understanding of time management.

Megan

To get all of my basics done in the first 2 years so that as a junior and senior I wouldn't have to take core classes. Also that the transition is hard no matter what, high school does not prepare you for college.

Kacey

I didn't know the history as much before I started here. It has surprised me that we were first known as another name , but I think it sets us apart from different schools with our unique history and the great students and faculty members that support us.

Courtney

I wish I would have known what kind of degree I wanted to get.

Hugo

The numerous ways a person can get funding for school, just because there is money out there, does not mean you do not have to apply for it throughout college either. Seize every opportunity that comes your way.

LaToya

I wish I had known that this school is basically in the middle of no where. It's a fair enough town, but there's really nothing out here to keep you interested outside of school.

Corey

I wish I would have fully understood how financial aid works. If I had, I might have went to a different school.

Sonya

This school offered everything that I was looking for. I researched many colleges with my main objective being affordability. This college provided a a stable foundation for my education as tuition that I was able to afford.

Louise

I should have listened to my sister, when she told me not to take too many hours in one semester, because it would be too much of a workloa,d and I would not accomplish passing grades.

Borge

As an international student I did not know anything about the Greek world. Going Greek is an amazing opportunity for students to experience a more professional atmosphere. Just the campus involvement that is required will help your network grow faster than you could ever imagine. This can be your path towards an amazing career opportunity. Another thing that is special for Commerce is the friendly environment, both on campus and around town. If you do not know anyone, do not worry. People will make you feel included even if it is your first day around; a really friendly environment.

Shea

No to go to the previous junior college and just go straight there!

Christina

I wish I had known about the weather in Commerce, TX before I came to the school. It gets much colder than I am use to in my hometown of Houston.

Natalie

I wish that I had known better time management before I came to my college. With the pressures of classes every day and work bunching up on itself I know that I need to develop better study and time management habits. Once we get to college there really isnt anyone to tell you when to get up, when to study, when to go to class, or which activities are more important. If I had known how to better manage my time beforeI entered college I think my first semester would have gone much more smoothly.

Crystal

Before I came to this school I wish I had taken the junior college that I went to more seriously and I wish I would have utilized my time more sufficiently. I also wish that i would have went to a better counselor to show me exactly what classes would have been better to take at a junior college rather than wait and take them at a four-year college, this way I might have had more credits transfer.

Micheal

how small the community was, it is best i had no idea though because it could have swayed my decision a little.

Amy

I wish I would have known that financial aid doesn't cover Wintermester courses. However, they did have a fast-paced loan to get you through the month of class.

Alexis

I wish I was more aware of the weather changes; I did not realize just how cold it got in Texas. I thought Texas was a hot and dry state! The winter here, is a real winter! Bring all of your warm clothes!

If they offered the classes at different times instead of only a few selections.

George

That there is nothing really to do on the weekends. All the students leave, and there are no activites to do. The toen is small and as far as off campus activities you have to drive at least 20 min to get to somewhere.