Texas A & M University-Commerce Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas A & M University-Commerce

Abosede

Honestly, I thought of Commerce as a party school. Especially since the school is literally in the middle of nowhere. The people around me were alcoholics and were involved in greek life. It was like a high school & if you\'re greek, you\'re popular. Police harass some of the students, especially students of color. Can\'t complain about the professors because they did their jobs well. Good amount of diversity and I made a few good friends of different races. The campus is walkable but it\'s not as big as other colleges. Football games are a highlight and school spirit is seen as cool. Some of the buildings are old and are named after racists. Students complained about it but nothing has been done and nothing was addressed. Good school academically since the classes are smaller and you can get a better relationship with professors. Campus events and organizations are a good way to build a clean social life.

Micalyn

Awesome university. It's a growing school that has a lot of good programs like CSTAT, but the classroom environment is so much better.

Anne

I love it at A&M! I am an online student at the moment but I am looking forward to being on campus in the fall. My professor right now is very encouraging and my advisor in awesome! I have been welcomed there even as a non-traditional student and plan on graduating from this school.

Angelica

It is a great place to get an education and the students and faculty are so kind and helpful. There are many places to study and plentiful amounts of resources and for people who like to party there is a number of places to do so.

Gabrielle

The class size is a good size. The professors are willing to work with you as long as you put in the time. The academics are fair, and are teaching students what they need to know. There is always something to do on Campus since the town doesn't have much in it. Many students go to Greenville to do stuff like go to the movie theater, bowling, shopping, eating and many other things. Housing is a little difficult right now with the increase in students, the school is building another dorm , so hopefully issues will be solved. Greek life is present on campus and they often have the majority of the parties on the weekend. Greek life has many things going on throughout the semester.

Anthony

Texas A&M is a great school where a student can be successful and gain a quality education. Also, the instructor are very helpful in providing a clear understanding of the course material. Though the course work is quite rigor the college offers help in all the academic departments, which is left up to the students to take advantage of the resources available to them. Furthermore, Texas A&M Commerce is a great school to attend if you like an inviting atmosphere and safe environment while furthering your education away from home. In addition, the city of Commerce is a small developing town that has many local shops and eatery's affordable to all students and is with in driving distance to neighboring cities with those who prefer the larger major city scenery.

Kristie

I really enjoyed Commerce. the faculty and staff are fantastic. They reply to emails quickly and are very helpful! I was a transfer student and their transfer student services are fantastic!

Isaiah

My university is awesome! The ethnic diversity at Texas A & M University-Commerce is refreshing to see. People from all nationalities come to learn and immerse themselves in this culturally rich and safe environment. I don't think I've been in such a welcoming and diverse community before.

Reon

I really like Texas A & M University- Commerce. Ever since I enrolled I have had nothing but good times, in and outside the classroom. In class, I have learn so much new information from teachers and even students. Also, outside the classroom I have met so many interesting and different people. Going to Texas A & M- Commerce brought me out of my comfort zone and really helped me to become more open to different things.

Ja'Bria

Texas A&M University is a great school. It offers an abundance of opportunities to meet new people, try new things, as well as provides you with opportunities to do research in your field. At the "Merce" you will create bonds with your peers, professors, as well as the President of the University. There are numerous organizations ranging from academics to social. There is an organization for everyone and if there isn't grab your friends and an advisor and start your own. Also "Merce Vegas" has many social events to do on campus, but there are also surrounding towns that offer places to shop, watch movies, or just grab a late lunch or dinner. Commerce is filled with Lion Pride and every Wednesday we rock our Blue & Gold. GO LIONS!!

Crystal

Its an overall great school I love it but at the moment I am struggling with financial aid its pretty hard to get everything paid for before school starts. Not much help when it comes to that field. I'm only 19 and its pretty hard getting help when they don't answer the phones.

alexandra

I am currently a former student I've been attending for 2 years , my college experice has been the best experience . The staff and faculty are a big of the campus they help you out in any problem you might be having to make your college life way easier.

Cristian

Overall i would consider A&M Commerce is one of the most friendly and welcoming schools I have ever been to visit as well as learn about to be able to make a decision about attending. The students on campus provide all students with encouragement to continue in their studies as well as to participate with everyone in order for the whole campus to have involvement.

Tashely

I love my school

Lilly

Tamuc is a very reputable college with outstanding academics. The classroom and professors are wonderful. The surrounding area is very safe! The only thing I would have to say negatively about the college overall is there is very little student involvement in extracurricular activities. There is also very little events to do outside of the classroom and college itself.

Evett

My opinion of Texas A&M University Commerce is that it is extremely diverse and friendly towards everyone of different ethnic backgrounds. The staff, and certain upperclassmen are always there to help you, but it could definitely use some improvement. However, from my personal experience and from what I've heard from others, there are some people at school that you have to look out for because they're not as trustworthy as you think. I mean, it's college. Overall, this school is pretty great.

Ashleigh

My overall rating is 4 stars. People are extremely friendly here. They will make sure to say hey when just walking by even if you don't know the. Everyone is family. I've never experienced anything like this in grade school but in college and at this specific university I feel like we all come together and make each other better which makes commerce better.

LINA

It is a great school, it is in the farms and it has a diversity of students, nationals and international students. It offers a wide variety of majors, people are very nice and helpful. They are very good at communicating about events, updates, weather changes through e-mail and text messages. The gym is very nice and has a lot of equipment. I recommend this university.

Za'Myria

I’ve enjoyed commerce ever since I’ve attended. It is very friendly and you get lots of opportunities and great connection. I love how big the class size is because it is easier to learn and not worrying about the professor not trying to know you or help you because of how big the class size is. I also love all the organizations on campus because it keeps me busy when I need to be.

Guzman

Texas A & M University - Commerce is a place that offers opportunities to those that desire it. It is a great place to have intellectual conversations and grow to your potential. People can continue to work while attending because of their flexibility.

Alexandria

I honestly love the school. I was nervous about coming here at first, and this school was not my top choice on where to attend. However, it is a good school to make friends and get done what you came here to do. It's like a big family on campus and you start to call the campus home when you're away.

Zane

This university is constantly growing bit by bit! The staff does what it can to accommodate the rapidly growing student body but buildings can only be built so fast and resources are limited. Overall its price range and quality are good for those wanting reasonable college life. I recommend it to those coming from smaller areas so there is less culture shock to have an easier adjustment.

Alexis

Texas A&M Commerce is a good school for those who want to breeze through their classes. Classes are small and teachers are always their when you need them. The only thing I dislike is that the classes are way too easy. As long as you have an easy A.

Chyna

We do not have a lot of opportunities given, but the school is promising. Although academics is our priority, Commerce taught me how to juggle my life with my academic goals. As most people know Commerce has been through a lot lately, not including the COVID-19 pandemic. Texas A&M Commerce has been through one shooting outside of campus, and the in-school shooting, which killed one of our peers. The shooting that happened outside our school was very close to home, and it has affected the students attending Commerce. Many of my peers were injured or even killed from the outside school shooting. The students that didn't get caught up on the incident were still affected by this too, the campus was silent and was not as lively. The same gloomy presents have been shown when the in-school started also. Despite the two events that have happened, the students have bounced back and became stronger. The school has been supportive and offered students help to work through these emotions like the counseling center and giving us the break we need to grieve. Commerce has a great support system and it has made the students even stronger to situations like this. Thanks to Commerce it has made me realize that college is not only about academics but to treasure, those you have met, and the people you do have. Keeping that in mind we uplift each other, because we act as if we are one huge family.

Yenifer

Texas A & M is a great University and I have hear a lot of good reviews about it. Every student is just so dedicated into their work and the teachers are too. The campus is great and organized and it seems easy to get my way around. I will love to be a part of the Lions and am planning to join the University after I graduate. I really can’t wait.

Chayce

I have been to six colleges over the past four years. Texas A&M University-Commerce is by far one of the best. The professors are very intelligent but still know how to explain the material in a way all the students can understand. Not only are the professors accessible they are always helpful, they are there for the students not the money.

Meghan

I absolutely love it. There is always so much to do and the professors are amazing. The Campus Activities Board does such a great job of planning events on campus. I love the small town feel. I live in Whitley Hall and my room has a living room and bedroom so their is enough room for my roommate and I.

Romy

Texas A&M University-Commerce is a great school! The campus is small enough to provide a comfortable, hometown atmosphere, but still large enough to give students the university experience. The food is great, the faculty is kind, and there are continuous opportunities for students to expand their knowledge and grow as global citizens. Study abroad is heavily encouraged, and students are given countless opportunities for career development. TAMUC truly is a student-centered school.

Abigail

TAMUC is a small, rural college. For many students, this is a drawback, but I disagree. You mgiht have to drive 20 minutes for any sort of fun activity, but the family aspect the small school provides is well worth it. All of the teachers make each student feel welcome and are eager to help in any way. No student feels excluded here. TAMUC is affordable, friendly, and determined to see each student succeed.

Maria

Texas A&M University at Commerce is a school that is very peaceful. I fell in love with the school environment. I enjoy how the students are truly invested in making the university a better place for others. TAMUC is a school with lots of spirit and diversity.

Melisa

Texas A & M university is an Overall safe campus with excellent teachers who go beyond when helping a student. The teachers just have so much experience to share and the area is just perfect its nice weather and quiet which is perfect for studying.

Roneyce

The school is on the right track and is actively trying to become a more diverse campus. The facilities are wonderful, they work to aid students as they work on their educational goals. Some improvements could be made, such as tutors of all sorts being available at all times of the day and week. Providing the contact information of non affiliated tutors could be beneficial as well.

Amy

Texas A&M University-Commerce is a comfortable university to be at. I enjoy visiting there when I go, and I always feel safe on campus. The dorm buildings are always kept nice and clean, and they are also filled with safety precautions to make sure that the students are safe at all times. The library is always accessible to students. They provide them with laptops, books, textbooks, and even study rooms for either their own selfs or a group. The classroom sizes aren’t extremely big, so it does not fee like you aren’t being payed attention to by the professor. A&M Commerce is an overall good University to call home.

Ericka

Texas A&M University-Commerce is a very great school that takes a lot of pride in everything we do. I couldn't picture being apart of any other school, the professors are so nice and helpful. They want to see you succeed it's almost like it's a priority for them, the school might be a smaller campus but, our pride definitely doesn't match the schools size.

Ryan

It is a great school and it is one of the most affordable. They offer a lot of opportunities and services. If you want to get connected there are plenty of chances. Anyone can find something to enjoy outside of class. Most of the teachers are extremely passionate and care about their students.

Ma'Kayla

The Professors here at Texas A&M Commerce are very accurate with the curriculum's they teach. I believe we get the same level of education that the bigger universities obtain. To me i believe the academic program here at Commerce is magnificent.Texas A&M commerce is most definitely the best university I've ever attended. Everyone here are very friendly and willing to help you out any way possible. I believe Texas A&M Commerce teaching staff is one of the best in the country.

Kylah

This school is great for a student, like me, who isn't into really big colleges. Classes can be up to over 100 students to as small as 15, making teachers always accessible. If I ever need guidance on financial aid or even what classes I should take for the next semester, the faculty is there for you ALWAYS. It's a great social scene, and makes students want to succeed and get a degree, and even attend college.

Brooke

I have only attended TAMU-C for one year thus far, but I love my school. The community is fantastic and I am constantly being challenged and encouraged to excel in all that I do. Everyone is friendly and the instructors at my university are particularly wonderful. I cannot think of any other school that I would rather attend.

Giovanni

It’s great

Corey

I loved my time at Texas A&M Commerce. On Campus everyone was very nice and super positive. In the classrooms the teachers were super supportive and always wanted to help people. The Football game was the best everyone was there cheering on the team. I can truely say that it was one of the best college visits that I have ever been too.a

Shelbi

I love it. It's an amazing school! I typically would hang out in the ag building, we always have a group who likes to study that stay in. All of my professors have been wonderful, and always around to help. I even had one professor stay and pull my truck out of the mud after class.

Carolina

I believe that this campus has a lot of opportunities for students to thrive, however, there could be some enhancements to the overall atmosphere. Since the school only has 13,000 students, it is easy for you to run into others whom you might have a class with or have seen before. Although that can be nice at times, it still feels like high school 2.0, but some people enjoy it that way.

Kalea

I am very proud to be a student at Texas A&M University Commerce. This was my 2nd choice next to MIT. I have researched for a long time for a school that would enhance my creative ability as well as help me excel in life and not be too far from home. THe campus is in a convenient location where i can make the drive if necessary. My academics Counselor is the BEST!!! Just to know that I am attending a prestegious Texas school with the entent on completing my degree has been the highlight of my year. Being that I am an adult learner, the programs that are offered greatly exemplify my ability to excel in completing my bachelors. Attending this college after attending so many colleges, gives me the opportunity to complete my degree where I didn't have the opportunity or the encouragement before.

The staff on campus is very involved and quick to respond when you have questions.

Carmen

A friendly environment. The campus isn't too big so it is easy to make friends. Although sports are super important so are the academics. The classes are not big so it is easy to connect with your professor. There are lots of places to shop or visit outside of Commerce. Most of those areas are at least 15 minutes away. Commerce is a well known town and always has Alumni there.

Sunira

It is 2 hours away from where I live. But I still commute back and forth ever 2 days a week. And I can assure everyone that traveling this far is worth it for me. I used to go to community college in Irving. I graduated from there and was looking to transfer to the university. I had University of North Texas and the University of Texas in Arlington in my mind. But I chose Texas A & M in commerce. Honestly, when I first came here I had no clue hoe this shool was going to be. But after still being here in my second semester I got to know a lot of interesting and helpful information about this school. Her in this school, teachers are great, they are reliable. My biggest concern was tuition fee. So here even being an international student the fee was affordable and we do get scholarships depending on our grades. This is a great place to be at.

Natalie

Commerce is a good school. It has all the things you would find at a D1 school but your not paying as much. There are always activities on campus but you need to involve yourself and take advantage of what the school offers or your not gonna enjoy your time there.

Tatum

Academically I think Texas A&M University- Commerce is a great school with very helpful professors. Small class sizes make it easy to understand the material and ask questions during class if you do not understand something. It also helps you get to know your professors as well as help them get to know you. The majority of professors at the school always strive to help students as much as they can. They seem like they care a lot about their students which makes a big difference in a college experience. The teaching method for most classes involves lecturing but a large portion of professors also do many interactive activities during class. The campus housing and facilities are pretty good overall. There are a variety of clubs and organizations to get involved in at the school and many sporting events for students to attend. One thing about the school that may turn students away is that it is in a large agricultural area so there are not a large variety of businesses in the town of commerce. However, there are much larger towns 20 to 30 minutes away from here. Well Greek life is not a major staple at Texas A&M University- Commerce, there are a variety of sororities and fraternities students can join. Because the town is relatively small, these organizations provide much of the entertainment for students. While the social aspects of the school are relatively good, as a student I would say the factor that I like most about the school is the academic aspect in the compassion from the professors and administrative staff.

Tylar

I love it! Texas A & M University at Commerce is a wonderful school. There are plenty of staff and faculty who actually care for the betterment of your future. There are many events and parties to get students who may not particularly be involved, get involved. There are plenty of friendly faces and the environment is amazing as well. If you are even as so much visiting, Texas A & M University at Commerce puts a lasting impression on you. I remember my first visit and tour, I instantly fell in love. Just one visit will make you want to attend Texas A & M University at Commerce, for we have fun and great scholarly records. Nothing happens around Texas A & M University at Commerce that many don’t know about, there are patrolmen and officers around campus, as well as an app that allows you to contact friends or the local office to ensure that you get to your dorm safely. The community is small and quiet, there are restaurants and grocery stores, and there are also fun places to visit on the weekends or when your classes are over. The campus of Texas A & M University at Commerce is safe, friendly, and fun, along with proper education and instructors, what more could you ask for in a university of your choice.

Tatum

Texas A&M University- Commerce has many good and bad qualities. Academically, I believe the school to be great. The class sizes are usually small, therefore, it is easy to get help on assignments or ask questions before, during or after class. I have found the majority of professors to be well informed and educated about the topics they are teaching. In addition, the professors at this University are very understanding and encouraging of students. While I have had great experiences with face-to-face classes, I have not had as great of an experience with online classes. Online classes at this university can sometimes be hard to follow along with especially in relation to knowing which assignments are due when. However, certain online courses are just as informative as face-to-face classes. This school provides a large quantity of clubs, organizations and extra curricular activities. While sports are not as big a part of student life as they may be at other colleges, Texas A&M University- Commerce does have a variety of division four sports teams and have won many awards in previous years. This University also has a variety of academic, art, music, and elective clubs and organizations. Greek life is available and popular at this school, however, it is not necessarily a part of being involved. While there are no problems with on campus housing at this school, off- campus housing can be a difficult situation because Commerce is s relatively small town. This can be a problem because there are not an abundance of places in Commerce, however, the community of the school is well balanced and it is a great school to be a part of.