Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi

Royce

Very unique campus that is settled on an Island. There are nearby coffee shops to study and get together. The campus itself is having some ongoing developments and upgrades to facilities and other buildings. The student life and culture around the university is something other universities don't have. Overall, really great school to go.

Armando

This campus is wonderful. Placement is perfect, because it's right on the beach and it isn't too close to the city, but not far at all. The community and the vibe is great. I would not leave the school unless I had to. Overall this campus is loving, caring, intelligent, and beautiful.

Alexis

Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a good school, there is plenty to do and eat on campus, a good sized gym, a nice library, and it is all compacted together so it is not too big, everything is right next to each other or a 5-10 minute walk. The only thing I do not like is the on-campus housing; it is too expensive and they are not kept up very well, the only thing good about them is that they're right there and it is easier to get to classes. I prefer off-campus housing because it is not a big inconvenience to get to campus because there are buses that can take you there so you don't have to go through the trouble of parking. All together, the school is a great.

Ana

Great school, awesome clubs/organizations to join, cool professors, all around great time.

Karina

It is a very good university and i have met lot of people who i think will end up being some life long friends. but it can be scary walking around campus or the city with out other people. some people going to school can be difficult but they are going to be everywhere

Joey

I love Texas A&M CC. It's a great school to attend if you want to stay close to home or be near the ocean. Academics is great with smaller class sizes and whenever you do have lectures there are smaller classes that talk about what you previously learn in the last session, very helpful.

Roger Luke

I like the home-style feel of the campus and how close it is to the water. It is very beautiful to drive down and visit the campus and just admire the scenery. There is an energy about TAMUCC that is just different from other universities; it is very lively and everyone loves what they are doing in the campus. The ratio of students to professors is about 25:1, so professors are not always booked with students needing to talk to them. EVERYONE is approachable and is willing to help, whether it be preparations for a test or to find a classroom. And if you need any help, advisers/counselors are always there ready to answer any questions. TAMUCC is THE place to be!

Autumn

I really do enjoy going to Texas A & M University- Corpus Christi. They have really great professors and people that are willing to work with you on many things. They could work on some of the on campus housing and having more food variety as well. Overall, the campus is nice and I really do enjoy going.

Alyssa

I genuinely enjoy the university. It is bigger than high school, but not too big to be overwhelming. I really admire the way all the professors I have had thus far have been extremely helpful and supportive and show that they are actually there to teach you and not just there for the paycheck. Everyone is always so nice and welcoming and there are so many opportunities to be involved and make friends. The advisors are also extremely helpful and always reply to emails in a timely manner. I am also grateful for the SI sessions because they help a lot to get some more tutoring in if you I'm not able to make it for office hours. Overall, I truly enjoy attending this wonderful university and feel right at home. Shakas up!!!

Texas A&M - Corpus Christi is an excellent school. My professors have always been readily available and more than willing to help their students succeed or improve. The facilities on campus are always clean. The campus is very diverse ethnically for students and professors. The academic advisors for certain majors could be better, but there is always help somewhere.

Marisa

This school is a great place to thrive and flourish the selected fields and classes that a student as chosen to participate in. The teachers are always there for the students to help, there are plenty of opportunities for the students to expand their knowledge in any subject that they are interested in. The campus is very safe, the sports scene is awesome, and the student life is great! It is a great school, and I would recommend this school to anyone looking to define themselves in their future careers or simply looking to better themselves!

Ann

It's an awesome school!

Anabel

Texas A&M Corpus Christi has flaws to it but it also has some great things. The biggest flaw is the parking situation. There is NOT ENOUGH PARKING. My father is a professor there and we get there during the semester at 7:00 A.M. to get a good parking spot. If you get to campus at 8:00 A.M. good luck finding parking. Also the cost to park on campus is very expensive and many of the students cannot afford to park. Another flaw is the classes offered. On certain degree plans it will say you need a certain class, but sometimes the classes aren't offered for years at a time. It is frustrating. Good things though are how beautiful the campus is. Being right next to Corpus Christi Bay is very pretty. Also the gym on campus is amazing. It feels brand new and it is always clean. The campus is a very clean campus as well. The landscaping is gorgeous.

Lisa

Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi has allowed me to experience a close-knit community college as opposed to a huge, separated college. It was everything I wasn't looking for but has transformed my opinion into one of utter acceptance. I never thought a small college would be an option for me. I always wanted to attend a huge college because those are the ones everyone is always talking about. However, with my involvement in organizations on campus, such as Young Life, a Christian based group, and my participation in FISA for first-generation students I have come to love this school. It created a bond that I never thought I could or would experience in college. Everyone is so welcoming on campus and readily available to help you with whatever you need. The professors are hands down very one on one with the students. No matter what you can always get in contact with them. This is especially helpful when you're a freshman, and even more so for first-generation students such as myself. I can honestly say I wouldn't have wanted to spend my first year anywhere else because this community is so welcoming, loving, and nurturing. College can be nerve-wracking, but with a college like Texas A & M University, all your fears will be placed aside.

Nicholas

I am in my third year here at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi and have enjoyed the entire experience. The school and professors want you to pass, if you attend class and show your efforts they will help. The surrounding beach is a sight to see, there is always something to do on campus and the student life is nice. The classes are challenging but not overwhelming. The sports scene is cool too whether you're watching the game or playing in the intermural.

Garrett

A school for local living students to go, but not a place for graduation.. more of a gateway to College Station and brighter futures. This school is an overall place to learn and get out, potentially transferring to a higher educational embarkment. Students are commonly local or from San Antonio area..

Steven

TAMUCC is overall a pretty cool school it has a beautiful view of the bay every single time you leave campus. While driving away you can view downtown and the harbor bay bridge as well as other places across the bay. The roads are pretty rough as well as the off-campus activities though.

Arianna

I personally love TAMUCC, it was my first and only choice. The scenery is always pleasant to look at and from experience I have had small class with max 30 students and the professors really seem to care. They are always willing to work with you to improve your grade and make it a point that every student passes.

Mossie

I believe Texas A & m University- Corpus Christi is the perfect environment for students to be in to reach their academic goals. The college immediately feels like home, everyone is very friendly and it is laid back enough that you feel comfortable but not laid back enough that you don't get your school work done.

Abbey

I'm currently going though my first semester at Texas A&M University Corpus Christi. I wasn't planning on attending this college but I am very glad I did. The campus is always very well kept. Although, there are around 50 cats on the campus that can be a little irritating, especially if you are allergic. The biggest issue I see that us as students have is the parking, sometime it can take a student up to 45 minutes to find parking. Recently they have also taken away our biggest parking lot leaving us student fighting to find a place to park. The faculty is aware of this issue and we have been informed that there isn't much they can do for the issue. On the other hand, my professors are very engaged and they are always making sure the students are learning and they are willing to help if one is struggling. We also have a tutoring center called Center of Academic Student Achievement and supplemental instructors there are very helpful, you just have to make sure you get the schedules for the subject you need help with. I have used pretty much all of the facilities offered around campus from the library to the Dugan fitness center and I am never left disappointed.

Tabitha

It's an awesome campus on the beach that is very diversified in its student population.

Malik

This school is what you make it out to be honestly. It's very diverse, so don't feel like you won't fit in. On-campus housing is pretty decent everything is comfortable but off-campus is a little better. There are bus routes to get you place to place for free as long as your a student at the TAMUCC. The beach is nice in the summer so that gives you a lot to do on the weekends or just after class or whenever. Also last but not least the university sits on an island which is the best thing in the world : )

Arianna

I am going to attend The University in July and I have never visited a more beautifully diverse place. The students are outgoing, the food is amazing and the overall experience is breath taking. I can not wait to attend my dream college!

I absolutely love this university and couldn't imagine going anywhere else. I started college later in life and never thought the experience would be so fantastic! I learn so much, not only from my professors but also my classmates. If it wasn't for the quality of this university, I wouldn't be in the Honors Program, making a 4.0!

TAMUCC is a great campus for people who love the outdoors and friendly people. There is always something to do. The campus is on an island and the beach is right outside the on campus housing. Faculty is so friendly. The classes are small once you reach your major which is very helpful. We have one of the best nursing programs in the state.

Isaiah

Overall I really love Texas A & M university -Corpus Christi. The professors are great, very accessible and approachable to their students which is extremely helpful. I currently live on campus which is very convenient and campus housing responds to service requests in a very timely fashion. Campus police is very present throughout the campus which brings me peace of mind and makes students feel safe.

Aylin

My overall opinion on Texas A&M at Corpus Christi is that it's a very good school. They really focus on helping you out whenever you have questions ranging from financial aid to where buildings may be. I enjoy this campus because it's very safe and friendly!

kristin

Its a small university with great resources to learn and grow. Not big and fancy but the students are great and the view is beautiful. when school or life gets stressful there's always something you can do on campus to relax. Living on an island is pretty cool!

Anabel

My biggest class size is about 50 people, which is perfect! The professors here don't want you to fail, they are willing to help you in any way. The vibe here is so chill, the beach is perfect for when it's finals week and you are stressed. The campus student run committe create events for students that are actually really fun.

Kajol

Awesome, beautiful, enriching place to learn and grow as a person and achieve your goals without too many distractions. Teachers are nice for the most part and students are always ready to help. I'm very fortunate to have met my friends they help me through so much since college can tend to be intimidating but coming to Corpus was an amazing decision and it was easy to settle in to.

Faith

I have loved my experience here on the Island. There is always an event going on(and a lot of them have free tshirts!!) It is a beautiful campus with a variety of vegetation. It always smells tropical! With two years of experience on the school's cheer team, and spending a lot of time at different Islander events, I can say this school has spirit! As a student in the nursing program, I can say that the statistics are not false. It is a very competitive, but very advanced, thorough and enjoyable program. The on campus hospital rooms are high tech. The simulations provided give me confidence to enter the real world. I am proud to call myself an Islander!

Gladys

I absolutely love the Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi campus. It is on an island which makes it very scenic, and the population is neither too big or too small. The three years that I have attended here have been the best of my life and I would never even think about transferring anywhere. The nursing program here is one of the best and I am looking forward to attending this spring very much.

Jordan

I thoroughly enjoy attending college here. The Island University gives off a vibe unlike any other. Students and faculty both understand the need to be prompt and get things done in a timely manner, while accepting that by going to school or working here, we are all a little more accepting of being able to slack off slightly. The campus is small, but not too small. The classes are difficult, but not impossible if you do your work and talk to your professors.

I love being by the beach everyday here at TAMUCC. The environment is open to bringing new students to the island life. It is also the beach vibe that gives this school the kind of mellow, calming de-stress atmosphere. Walking to class with the saltwater breeze of the Gulf Coast of Mexico really brings a sense of serenity. The calming waters remind me of a time where everything was simple and care free. To me, TAMUCC brings me to my happy place by the water when I am stressed from classes.

Alyssia

Texas A&M Corpus Christi, is a very quiet and peaceful university. If you want to get away from all the fast pace of a big city, then A&M should be on your top list. The students, faculty and campus itself is wonderful. Yes, there may not be many sport events or crazy parties but there is more then enough to keep the spirits alive.

Morgan

My overall opinion of Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi is amazing! The campus staff and students that are there are always there to help you when you need it. The Academics department is amazing because once you're in the classroom you do learn everything you intended to learn there. They help put you on the path to getting the career or meeting the goal you set for yourself easily. While the class as a whole is a challenge, it's a good challenge. There's nothing that you can't overcome in the challenge aspect of the school and academics as a whole.

Whitney

Texas A & M University-Corpus Christi is a home away from home for me. My family loves the environment and I am in love with the community. My parents trust me there and completely support me. My counselor had been such a great help and the students there made us feel comfortable. I love this campus.

Roberto

I like the university because of how it is in my hometown, it has lower tuition than other places, it is one of the leads in my major of computer science, and there are some specific professors that make learning easier and more able to be understood. However, those are the only parts of the university I like besides the obvious of making friends. The issue is that the university has really bad money management because of their many fails at remodeling and building. One example is how they build a dining hall that drains money greatly from on-campus students and usually, no one really uses it nor likes the building. This raised tuition and created more expenses for the school, but more issues were in the remodeling of the University Center. The remodeling only added one extra room or space on the second floor, changed out chairs, and some projectors. The rest were barely any changes and this took the majority of a year to do, wasting money and time. While this was happening, the mail room was moved from there to the Faculty Building where it was then taken down and moved back when the University Center was finished before another room was built which was empty for longer until a use came up for it which is rarely used too. In addition to this, they spent a million dollars for five spires to represent the five colleges which is a pure waste of money when they could be helping students more. Another issue is how they took money away from the help centers for the sciences which greatly hurt the students. The university has good professors who are trying hard to teach but with the poor management, it is difficult to the point where good professors had to leave and some bad new teachers came in. However, the professors and students are strong together and are doing their best to help improve the situation of the university. The university has a very strong sense of unity and the people there are fully trying to reach their greatest potential and education. I value my education and the university greatly and it is only because of their poor financial management, my rating is a 4/5 instead of a 5/5. It is a really great university in all but finances and I would recommend this university to other students.

Camerin

The coolest people attend TAMUCC. I went there for one semester and I loved it. I made so many friends and the teachers there really want you to succeed. I loved living on campus because my room was pretty nice and I got to live by myself. The only bad thing would be the dining hall food because there isn't a lot to choose from, but it is like that at a lot of colleges. It's a great sized school for those who don't want to be overwhelmed with so many people.

Danielle

When I first came here I thought it was going to be lame and boring, but I soon realized that this place is great! I gained many new friends and enjoy the smaller classes. Supplemental Instructors, CASA, and professors office hours help a lot when you're having a hard time in class. They are here to help, not push you to the side. Attending TAMUCC has been an amazing experience so far and I'm looking forward to continuing my education here.

Julie

Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi is a wonderful school to attend. The class sizes are small enough to where the professors get to know all the students in the class. The laboratories are equipped with up to date technology and useful tools and instruments.

Jesus

The overall environment of the University is great. The surroundings of the University and it's appearance is especially great. I would reccommend anyone looking into this this college to give it a go, it certaintly is one I'm looking into attending.

I enjoy A & M University- Corpus Christi. It nice to be waling down the walkways to a class and see the ocean especially since I find it very calming. Its a very relaxed atmosphere which I enjoy, but isn't for everyone. There is plenty of activities to do on campus if you look for it.

Joe

This is a great place to go to school. They put you in learning clusters where you have the same students throughout your class load. The college is designed to help you graduate and always has the student in mind like a private college. But without the heavy price tag!

hannah

I have not had enough time to experience all that the campus offers, but I assume that the clubs and activities are not plentiful because I don't hear much about them. It is a smaller overall campus than most universities, but the academics are great and it is a perfect fit for me.

Kaylee

I love this university. It has the most beautiful scenery and I have met so many radiant people here. The professors are very easy to talk to you and their main goal is to help you. This campus just has wonderful vibes and it's so easy to get around. It has beautiful weather and the campus is right off the water. The city is easy to maneuver and most people around are constantly smiling.

Savannah

I honestly love attending Texas A&M University-Corpus Chrsit. I would say that overall it is a wonderful university, the faulty is extremely helpful and qualified. I especially love the campus, it is so amazing to be on an island and the campus itself is just beautiful.

Graciela

Very quiet, but occasionally you can bump into some pretty interesting events around campus. There is a cat jungle in the middle of campus which is pretty interesting. Most professors are committed to their job and are there to educate. The class sizes aren't too extreme and it's not hard to find friends.

This is a fantastic school with phenomenal professors! The location is beautiful, but since it is an island, it is limiting. Unless you have base access, there is only one way to get to campus. With base access, you are bumped up to two. Parking is scarce, so plan ahead. There are always neat programs and events going on.

Priciliano