Texas A & M University-Kingsville Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas A & M University-Kingsville

Genaro

Texas A&M University-Kingsville is a good school for engineering but that's it. Do not come here if you're a medical student because there is no facility for that. The atmosphere is not that great if you're a tidy student. There are always people smoking outside of buildings. Some classrooms are so old that we need to move to others that projectors. Overall, this school is not that great.

Danna

As long as you pick a major that you are completely in love with, then you will be happy here. It's a small community where students are nice and teachers are helpful. You get plenty of personalized attention from teachers since the class sizes are small. Freshman are forced to live on campus fro their first few semesters but it isn't a bad thing since there's usually quite a few events going on in dorm buildings or on campus that are a lot of fun. There isn't a lot to do on weekends in Kingsville, but with Corpus on a 45 minute drive away, it's not too hard to find something fun to do. Overall, this is a cozy little town where you'll feel right at home if you come from a small city like I do.

Melissa

TAMUK is a great University. The classes are fun and you do get to learn more information you might haven't known before. The students who attend there are nice and not rude. Yes, there isn't much stuff to do in Kingsville but the campus has many activities for when you're bored, overall TAMUK is a great school.

Victoria

Kingsville is a very small town and it can get boring, make good friends and you'll always have a good time! On the weekends 80% of the student body leaves back to their hometown so the town is pretty calm. Football games and tailgates are super exciting and most definitely something everyone should experiance!

Kemburli

The school has a great campus can practically walk anywhere. Awesome renovations happening to the school library. The students are so diverse, as well as the professors. There is something happening everyday, whether is a bake sale or an informative booth, a festival, a informative seminar, discussion panels etc. The campus is always busy and filled with great activities to get involved with.

Madeline

Texas A&M Kingsville is a very close community and as soon as you step foot inside, you feel extremely welcomed by everyone. If any questions are needed to be asked, they can quickly give an answer from the right people. The hospitality is unbelievable and it is such a peaceful place.

Niles

I love going to school there, beautiful campus, great music program, great class sizes and affordable! The teachers are available for help and there are many study groups to help guild you. I enjoy riding my bike to the campus buildings for the are close by.

Brianna

My overall opinion is that TAMUK is an amazing college to be a part of. Every college student wants to be attending a place that they feel safe at, can learn easily, and a place that feels like home. The essence of this campus is home, kids are welcoming all over the place and it's easy to get involved in campus organizations. We leave home to attend school and enter any campus, when entering this one we come to find out it is nothing but welcoming. I am happy to attend this university and proud to be a Javelina. I have yet to meet another student who would disagree with these statements.

Texas A & M University-Kingsville is overall an exceptional university for a new-to-the-experience college student. All students attending are socially active as they are friendly. The campus is in semi-touch with nature and has numerous plants and comfortable shaded seats under every tree. Due to the small amount of students in each classroom, the professors become aware of each student personally which makes getting in touch with professors easier.

Marco

At First, I was Thinking of going to the University at Austin Texas, but it is too expensive and far away. This university at Kingsville is not so far from my home at Brownsville. I had heard about this school because my older brother went there to study education. I have visited this school a few times and I have to say that this is a school I am definitely interested in going to. the people here seem more interesting than the ones I went to school with in Brownsville, These people in Brownsville are really loud, obnoxious and immature. The campus here at kingsville looks cleaner than I have imagined. I would feel right at home at this university.

Marco

Darrell

Great university filled with a deep tradition and a caring community. Everybody bleeds blue and gold and we excel at many subjects. Campus life is outstanding and we care for the beauty of the campus itself. Professors are available and always experience college life along the students and community.

Diego

Great school. While the town is small, its growing along with the university. The college of engineering has high quality proffesors and facilities. There is plenty of opportunity for organizations and internships through the university. Only comment is that financial aid is very unorganized.

Becca

It's been great so far. My advisor has been more than helpful when answering my endless amounts of questions. When I considered changing majors the other advisor was extremely helpful in guiding me through the website to find information I needed. The straight forward answers from my advisor was a huge reason I transferred here.

Alona

I personally really like my campus and feel very homey in it. The people are very approachable whether you know them or not and there are 200+ organizations for students to join. There's always something to do and plenty of educational opportunities all around. Students have the choice of free identity in religion and simply their own way of life.

Kenia

My overall experience at Texas A&M University Kingsville has been the best one. They staff here is on top of things, they don't leave tasks to sit there until they finally decide to work on them. They are quick on responding emails, returning phone calls. I have been to other Universities and Colleges and there is nothing that beats TAMUK. Great school with awesome personalities that enjoy working there.

Tessie

Texas A&M University Kingsville is a very community oriented and family-like university. Our mascot is the Javelinas and we are the only university to have this as our mascot. The Javelina represents our university so well in many ways, not only does it make a good and unique mascot. To go more in depth, Javelinas travel in packs and that is what you see around our campus, not necessarily Javelinas running around, but groups of individuals walking around, it Is rare that you will see someone walking by themselves. Javelinas also defend each other and take care of each other no matter, that is something that you will also see on this campus. In being at this university, you are automatically considered as family. Traditions at this University are important and many times you will see traditions demonstrated, especially at football games. One of the most popular traditions at this university is tortillas being thrown once a touchdown is scored at a football game, It makes quite the laugh. Professors at this university vary, most of them are very welcoming, supportive and are there to help you succeed, however, there are some professors who can be a bit new and not well adjusted resulting in them coming off as a bit rude. For the most part, professors at Texas A&M University – Kingsville are friendly and will answer all questions you have. Student life on campus is great, there are over 150 organizations to choose from. That is more than enough for all kinds of interests that students bring. The class size is fairly small, the average student to professor ratio is about 25 students to 1 professor, that being said you will get plenty of 1 on 1.

It’s good for education. Just wish there was more to do. I’ve had very good professors, and one or two rough ones but I had a good experience when it came to getting in groups to study. I received decent/good grades. I do wish the town had more to do, but I think the university is meant more for learning than an actual college experience, but that’s okay.

Texas A&M University-Kingsville is a great university to consider attending if you are looking for a small close knit school. The student to professor ratio is extremely good and so you are able to develop a professional relationship with someone your professors that will benefit you in the long run. Overall, TAMUK is a friendly and welcoming environment,

Aliya

Great campus, faculty and students there is very friendly.

Teachers are amazing, students are there to learn and are nice, activities are meh, the campus is antique and quaint - I like it a lot - but the on-campus housing is iffy. Bishop hall has communal showers and small rooms while Lucio Hall is expensive!

I love that the campus is within walking distance from the dorms that you can live in. It is a small town, but people usually take the drive to the next "big city" that is 30 minutes away. Very diverse people from all over the country. We all pretty much respect one another and our culture. We love to hear stories from people all the time and enjoy people's company.

Alyssa

I can't wait to start going to TAMUK! I just got home from Javelina Preview day and I am excited to start that chapter of my life. I looks like an amazing school and I heard wonderful things about the students and faculty members. I feel like my college experience will be something to really remember

Andres

My experience in TAMUK has been great. Academically, I feel comfortable with the teachers and the way they perform the class. The spirit in the college is awesome, everyone is always happy and determined to have a great day. I feel safe the staff is very kind. I think it is an excellent University.

Victoria

In tamuk, I feel like I'm at home especially because agriculture is the main priority there. There's not one thing that I do not enjoy about this school and I can absolutely say I love it. The surroundings of tamuk are peaceful and safe; there's nothing better than hitting the books outside.

Kenya

Everyone is friendly at this school. The Dining Hall food could use a lot of work because they serve the same thing everyday and it is not that many choices to choose from. Some of the dorms could use some work, but overall it is not bad. There are some really nice dorms at the school because some of them are new. They do work with incoming freshman a lot, so they can get used to the school and know all the opportunities they can get a hold of.

Destinee

This university is very affordable. The engineering program is very good as well. I would recommend this university to someone who wants to go into engineering but doesn't want to pay too much. However, there's not much to do due to the university being in a small town. Overall, this school is pretty good.

Mario

I know that Texas A & M University- Kingsville is located near my home, about one hour or one hour and a half away from my home. That university is filled with cultural students, with great minds.

Victoria

Tamuk is a very friendly campus and the whole town centers around the college. There is always recruitment opportunities for every group in this campus. In addition, extracurricular activities happen after school weekends that are a lot of fun and don't always revolve around alcohol. this campus is very friendly and calm.

kamba

I think it is a very great campus overall, very clean, and classes are easy to find. I picked a great school to study at even though it is rather expensive. Most of the students here are very nice, I have never been offered or told to do anything I wouldn't do in front of adults even when I was in high school taking dual credit across the street. I hope to succeed another year at this school.

Rory

Its a decent little school, with adequate academic rigors and caring professors. their isn't much to do in town, but its near enough to a major city that one can enjoy that life with minimal planning.really the only thing i don't like is the ineffective admin. staff.

Abigail

It is a warm and welcoming campus with helpful staff and great diversity despite the school's size. Every facility on campus is updated yet still holds its history since establishment. There are a large amount of organizations and events that happen on campus that it is nearly impossible to have nothing to do. Professors are not only available but are eager to help their students when they can. Almost everyone I have met are involved on campus in one shape or form. I have never felt such a strong sense of belonging on this campus and I hope to continue going until I reach my goals for my career.

Abigail

Texas A&M University-Kingsville is a very diverse university. The students and the professors and the staff and the alum are extremely amazing people. The worst quality I have found among professors, however, is their ability to communicate effectively. Most prefer e-mail as the primary form of communication but then do not reply reasonably, if at all.

Itohan

Tamuk is one of the best colleges that a student can attend. This is because the community there is very accepting and diverse. we have people from all over the world working together is various situations. The class size is exceptional and promotes good student-teacher relation. Not to mention the various resources and activities that are available to all students regardless of major.

Jason

It’s a good school, but needs work.

TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY - Kingsville is a decent school. They have a variety of classes and good professors. They offer many sports and recreational activities that many people get involved with. Besides the school the town of Kingsville doesn’t have much to do, so it is very easy to focus of schoolwork.

Adrian

It is a great university, simply amazing. The only major complaint I have is that physics is not as big a thing as pharmacy, which I will also major on, but the physics professors have amazing contacts and can get you to high priority investigations.

The students that gave us the tour were very knowledgeable about the school and my degree choice, they were also able to point me in the right direction for veterans benefits I enjoyed every minute of the tour . Our tour guide George also was able to help me figure out which of my duel credit courses were transferable and how much tuition would cost for my mom who is a single parent and how we could get financial aid to help us pay for my education.

Amada

Texas A&M Kingsville is a great university with many things in place for students to succeed. However, I do have a few complaints. Most of the staff in the Chemistry and Physics department are foreign so at times there is a language barrier and that can make it very difficult to communicate. While it is great TAMUK is hiring a diverse staff, if 85% of the students are struggling to understand the lecture on a daily basis than that can make it very difficult to succeed in those courses. Despite that I am enjoying my time here at this university.

Cate

I love the campus very much. The Faculty is very nice and understanding. Also the students are extremely friendly, and there are always student events happening in our pavilion, and many of the organizations there are raising money for important causes. Everyone is so sweet, and the school is so active with local high schools and tours. I love walking around because it is so manicured. I love the classes because they are challenging but don't kill me either.

Fernanda

Texas A&M is a great college and I cant wait to attend to it this 2019 fall semester. It provides many opportunities and achievements, making it easy to every college student. I think that a student can get very oriented with the staff and members very quick, they make school easier and more motivated.

Caleb

I love this school a lot. I play baseball and am extremely involved on campus and the people here are friendly and ready to enter the workforce as responsible adults. The professors here are knowledgeable in their fields and able to answer most questions. The administrators are committed to your success and check up on you often

Joshua

Texas A&M feels like home! Small university, small class sizes at times and high quality education.

Jose

It is a great school. Hope to attend fall of 2020. This school has show me every thing I have been looking into when applying for college. It has a great agricultural feel to it. In addition it is remote enough to be peaceful. It is about 3 hours from home so it is accesses able in case of emergency s.

Dana

This isn't a campus you want to stay in for too long. Many people don't really enjoy being here, and on the weekends people go home because there isn't much to do. They advertise a decent class size, but that isn't the case, typically there's 20-30 people in a class, and for chemistry you will have over a hundred people in one class. Also, be sure to take a look at Martin Hall, Bishop Hall, and all the dorms that aren't Lucio and Mesquite, because while they don't advertise it, those are their less appealing dorms that you may be having to settle for. You are required to get an expensive meal plan, when the food isn't even that great and they only change it slightly from time to time. There is definitely a party scene, those people just cover up really well so they can keep doing the only fun thing to do in this place. Sometimes you can sign up for a professor and get a completely different one. Would strongly not recommend this place, and advise you to look at as many websites possible about how people feel about being here.

Jenna

Texas A & M University-Kingsville is one of the best campuses that I’ve been to. It’s easy to get to your classes due to the campus not being that large. The classrooms are great sizes, in my opinion. Also, this college is affordable. You don’t have to send a lot of money here. I personally like this campus.