Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Ariana

Texas Christian University is an amazing school that strives to educate individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community.

My school has all ther perks that a large school would, with small school community feeling. I am able to walk across campus and see people I know everyday, yet still see people I have never met. My school has a fierce sense of school pride; we love our athletic teams. There are so many opportunities present on campus. We have random programs like bouncy houses, sushi night, Lady Antebellum concert, and so much more. I chose TCU for their unique athletic training program that allows you to begin the program as a freshman.

My college experience thus far has been more valuable than words can explain. The wide variety of classes has allowed me to expand my perspective on the world. The freshman leadership program has made me more aware of the impact I can have on the global community. College has taught me to be myself, and that I need to like who I am. If I do not like who I am, then who will? College has given me a high self-confidence, and if that is not valuable, I do not know what is. College has given me opportunities to see my flaws and analyze and improve upon them. Everyone makes mistakes, and I can only better myself by looking at my mistakes and not repeating them in the future. College has taught me if I ignore my mistakes, it is detrimental to myself.

Torry

I rarely waste my time writing any reviews, but I feel that TCU didn't get the credits it deserve. I have been on many different campuses that are ranked way higher than TCU (SMU,UT, Baylor for examples). All of them are overally ranked higher than TCU (that's why I no longer rely on US News rankings. Well, yes, those schools may have best, Nobel-winning professors on their staff, but also don't forget that they either have classes with 300+ students (where you have a good chance to go out of a packed lecture hall every 5 minutes just to breath) or they literally possess no school pride. I have never seen anything like that at TCU. Everything I wish is offered here. Library opens 24/5 for me to pull all nighters. Hungry at 3 a.m.? There's a food court inside the library with decent dinner food. Want music or movie for entertainment? Free movies (pretty new) EVERY weekend, occasional concerts (like Lady Antebellum!!!), and TCU Symphony Orchestra. Want school pride? You're not on Earth if you didn't hear about TCU Football!!! If you just want to take a walk, the campus is surely beautiful enough to offer you picturesque view. For those of you who like travel (like I do), I am going to Nicaragua in the next Spring break, and possibly England for a semester after that on TCU Study Abroad program. People here make it so easy for you to go out and travel around. Like I said, everything I wish college could offer me IS offered here, and I really doubt that ANY other colleges can give you something BETTER than this.

Well, it's partly true. Kids here indeed come from rich families, but I don't think of them as spoiled kids (and I am not from a rich family by any scale to say that) Most people I met are so nice and accessible. Yes, some of them may like to throw out parties every day, and some are spoiled, but none of them has bothered me yet. I am somewhat a quiet and nerdy guy, and I feel completely comfortable here.

I would say most people look at the sky-high tuition rate at TCU and judge that it's a private university for spoiled rich kids. That's what I mostly heard from peopel when I told them I'm going to TCU.

Caitlyn

Classmates are very helpful and willing to share notes or set up study groups.

Classmates are very helpful and willing to share notes or set up study groups.

Our amazing football team and our professors who are willing to work to help you succeed.

I believe I have gotten a very valuable education out of my college experience. I have learned very beneficial life and business skills. I have also made long lasting friendships with people I have met during my time at college. I feel prepared to go out into the working world and be successful. This school has had a very positive impact on my life. The professors have been extremelly helpful and understanding and I feel like I will be able to keep in touch with them for years to come. Overall, my time at this university has been enjoyable, stimulating and educational.

Marilyn

Firm relationships between students and their professors are essential and illuminating on campus providing unique connections, relationships, and fellowship that will serve the students and professors beyond their college experience.

Attending Texas Christian University has advanced my pursuit of academic excellence while allowing me to grow and develop into a leader. The quest for knowledge and the commitment to the pursuit of understanding, woven with integrity and responsibility, epitomizes my experience at TCU. Through my academic work I have been afforded a critical focus on new international frontiers and gained an acute perspective and commitment to application. I continue to seek the academic tools necessary for providing outreach to underserved people and communities. My undergraduate years at TCU represent the race for excellence, mirroring a paradigm, gaining speed and developing finesse. Fine-tuning the necessary momentum that thrusts individuals into leadership opportunities embodies the journey that TCU begins.

The sense of community and student fellowship on campus serves to foster close relationships among students and professors. The rigor of academics expands the students' realm of knowledge and provides them with a myriad of experiences. The benfits of highly motivated and engaging professors proves superior at TCU. My porfessors make themselves available to reinforce the material through office hours and additional study sessions. They serve as mentors and strong role models for their students and their areas of experise. Each of my professors at TCU has helped me to refine my career path to meet my dreams.

Sara

My school is a combination of beauty and intelligence.

My school is a combination of beauty and intelligence.

It is incredible when you truly realize how much you are learning in college. I never thought that I could aquire so much knowledge within a matter of months. I already feel like I am growing so much and learning so much about the world around me, more than I ever imagined. In learning in school I have also realized how important relationships are in our lives: my friends and most of all, my family. I have seen how much my mom cares about me and in turn how lucky I am to have a mom like her. In college, I have truly blossomed and learned what it will be like to be on my own. I cannot imagine a life without the knowledge and skills you attain during college. I would never be the same without it.

William

I have spent a short amount of time in college, but in this short time I have met new people from a variety of backgrounds and gained valuable skills that I can use in my field and/or career. I want to learn as much as I possibly can so that I will be a asset to my employer and not a burden. I have also learned alot about what it takes to be an adult and the responsibilites that come with the mantle.

Devon

We are a small community tied very closely together by support for our school and love for Texas. We are also the only school with the mascot "The Horned Frog" and that gives us a unique bond as well. Our school is large enough to be very successful, but small enough to make everyone feel right at home. TCU has lots of money to spend, but seems to spend it in the right places.

My college experience has taught me many things both inside and outside the classroom. First and foremost, it taught me that my parents know a lot more than I had ever given them credit for. Being at TCU, which is located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, gave me insight into the "big city life" and allowed me to better grow and understand the attraction to these big cities. On campus I have been able to be involved in as many activities as I can possibly imagine and keep up with. In addition to life outside the classroom, TCU has provided me with wonderful classroom experiences. I struggle with some pretty serious health issues, and that is why I chose a smaller school where I wouldn't just be a number and TCU has lived up to my expectations. Faculty has been kind and accomodating for all of my 3 years here, and I could not have expected more. On top of that TCU has provided me a wonderful education and helped me get a job already with a major engineering firm in the community. TCU definitely offers the full package.

I wish I had understood just how much money some people at this school had. There is a strong wealthy class present on the campus that sometimes leaves me feeling uncomfortable or inferior.

B

My classmates had positive attitudes when it came to their academic studies, as well as the classroom peers.

My college experience fostered the deveiopment of my own authentic thoughts/ideas, a broader perspective of issues within my own environment, as well as global issues. I am now able to function as a positive, productive citizen within American society, with the ambition to continue to grow and develop into a more knowledgable global citizen. Attending college has provided me with skills and tools, which I now use to educate and motivate youth, in order for them in turn, to become positive and productive citizens.

Before attendance, the welcoming committee made all information needed for an incoming freshman available, and were very helpful. Time management skills would have helped me adjust more quickly during my first semester.

My classmates are very intelligent, witty, and extremely diverse.

My classmates are very intelligent, witty, and extremely diverse.

The most that I have gotten out of my college experience is to listen. In high school I was always talking and not taking school as seriously as I should have. During my first semester in college I went out and had too much of a good time. I was afraid to ask questions during class and then ended up not doing so well. The second semester I knew I had to get my act in gear so I took school more seriously and ended up doing really well. I continually asked questions in class and emailed my professors as many times as I needed help with homework or papers. Out of this experience I have realized how the professor is there to help us succeed; in high school my teachers would always tell us that the professor will do their best to make you fail because you will have to take their class again and they will get more money. It has been valuable to attend because I know in the long run it will help me out. . Especially with the way our economy is, it is extremely competitive to get any job.

The thing that I brag about the most when telling friends about Texas Christian University is the student to teacher ratio. For every one teacher there are fourteen students. I love the fact that the teacher knows you, and you aren't just another face to them. I think that it helps learning the material better because you aren't as afraid to ask questions in front of a smaller class either.

Shawn

I have received a lot of attention from my professors. We have developed a good repertoire with each other. Through the development of the trust between teacher and student and the equaled respect for one another, My college experience has grown dramatically. I enjoy learning and discussing with my professors. I also enjoy using the knowledge that they have given me to continue to improve in the classes I am taking. I plan to use what has been given to me through out my college career and my life. When I am in class I am attuned to what the instructor is talking about. In that respect I am better able to formulate questions and to better understand the material. Through my participation in the class, I also feel that I am better able to get a broader grasp of the material, and that the instructor, myself and the class can learn and delve deeper together.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.