Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Shelby

It is small, beautiful, and everyone sincerely cares about you.

It is small, beautiful, and everyone sincerely cares about you.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who prefers a smaller school and who cares about the community.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to some time management courses and to enjoy my time in high school as much as I can. Things are so different in college that it is hard to just find time to just enjoy myself. I would tell myself to help the community more than I did and support my family. I would tell myself that senior year is not just a time to be excited for the future, but to enjoy my last year with all of my friends before I go away to a new place where none of them are.

Valerie

My classmates are, generally speaking, well-rounded and ambitious leaders who wish to stand out in any and every environment they are placed in.

Attending any univeristy is a liberating privilege. I didn't understand this until I completed my first semester at TCU. I grew up in a small private school from when I was three until graduation day; being admitted to top of the line universities is expected, in fact, TCU was one of the lowest ranked attending universities out of all my fellow graduates. That's how I thought of TCU on the first day of classes, but I would soon discover I was definitely mistaken. I believe that every penny spent on tuition to this university goes toward the quality of professors (although some may argue the recent tuition influx is due to the building of a new football stadium). Determination is the easiest quality to sense in the classroom. Not only do the professors want to teach important lessons to their students, but they strive for complete understanding of the material as opposed to basic short-term memorized facts. Through their determination I understand now why a college education is required in almost every aspect of the workforce. College has proven valuable to attend because it has placed an intangible value on something I had previously considered superfluous.

The most frustrating thing about TCU is the fact that we're still considered to fit the small/insignificant university profile and with that comes other limitations. Although we are small in population, that doesn't mean we don't measure up to other large schools. Just a few days ago, the TCU football team was named the Rose Bowl champions and some say we deserved to be in the BCS championship. I believe our academics, athletics, and leadership accomplishments represent how impactful a small school can be, we just don't receive proper recognition.

Jade

TCU is mainly known for its excellent business school, its amazing football team (Rosebowl champions!!!), a big Greek life, and a big support toward all sports. It's also known for being a midsized university with great individual care.

Someone who wants the experience of attending a smaller school with great advantages such as small class size, close contact with professors, great care from all employees, small pedestrian and beautiful campus. Someone who is okay with being surrounded by a big Greek community.

TCU is a school like no other. It was my dream school since the beginning, and it continues to be. First, the campus is breathtakingly beautiful, and a joy to walk around. Then, the professors and staff are sincerely passionate about their work and the school. I've been guaranteed individual care since the start. I am close with my professors and have their cell numbers for extra help on weekends. It's been a precious support to have their guidance toward success. TCU holds a warm and generous community that extends to the city of Fort Worth. I love experiencing the school spirit (we bleed purple!) that goes along our amazing, nationally famous football team (now Rose Bowl champions!). I'm actively involved with my favorite organizations to forge my personal leadership, but also to have fun. I appreciate the resources the campus offers, whether it's our giant library, Career Services for job search, or countless inspirational speakers. The academic level is intellectually stimulating. Now, I will be graduating in a year and I feel completely ready to launch my career with great assurance that I have the knowledge, confidence, and social skills to accomplish anything I desire.

I have gotten a great education so far and aI really look forward to the rest of the years. The professors know everyone and take the time to make your experience personal. You are not just a number.

The fact that our tuition is very high and there are a lot of things that we do not get for as much money as we pay.

The safety around the school is lacking. Joggers at night or in the early hours of the morning are getting robbed or attempted rape

Jamella

My classmates are usually hardworking, always volunteering, and always supporting TCU sports.

Having always assumed that going to college would just mean an easier way to a job, I was surprised to find that I obtained so much more. What I learned in college was how to live. Sure you go to class in order to learn, but with that comes personal responsiblity and really learning to learn from your peers and professors who you respect. In college, you learn how to live with people who you either may not like because of their lack of cleaning or may love because of your shared hobbies. In highschool, you learn how to "get by" and graduate, but in college you learn how to assert yourself as an independent human being amongst others just as scared as you are to be so far away from home. I don't believe that any other experience would have prepared me for life as a young adult venturing into the world of "being grown-up." Professors and staff, volunteer coordinators, peers at internships or in academic clubs, and tired classmates at the library frantically studying for finals all will give you life lessons that you cannot obtain in the same way anywhere else.

The best thing abuot TCU is the fact that it keeps students socially engaged. The school spirit is so strong, you can't help but want to be involved in activities on campus.

Ariana

Texas Christian University is an amazing school that strives to educate individuals to think and act as ethical leaders and responsible citizens in the global community.

My school has all ther perks that a large school would, with small school community feeling. I am able to walk across campus and see people I know everyday, yet still see people I have never met. My school has a fierce sense of school pride; we love our athletic teams. There are so many opportunities present on campus. We have random programs like bouncy houses, sushi night, Lady Antebellum concert, and so much more. I chose TCU for their unique athletic training program that allows you to begin the program as a freshman.

My college experience thus far has been more valuable than words can explain. The wide variety of classes has allowed me to expand my perspective on the world. The freshman leadership program has made me more aware of the impact I can have on the global community. College has taught me to be myself, and that I need to like who I am. If I do not like who I am, then who will? College has given me a high self-confidence, and if that is not valuable, I do not know what is. College has given me opportunities to see my flaws and analyze and improve upon them. Everyone makes mistakes, and I can only better myself by looking at my mistakes and not repeating them in the future. College has taught me if I ignore my mistakes, it is detrimental to myself.

Torry

I rarely waste my time writing any reviews, but I feel that TCU didn't get the credits it deserve. I have been on many different campuses that are ranked way higher than TCU (SMU,UT, Baylor for examples). All of them are overally ranked higher than TCU (that's why I no longer rely on US News rankings. Well, yes, those schools may have best, Nobel-winning professors on their staff, but also don't forget that they either have classes with 300+ students (where you have a good chance to go out of a packed lecture hall every 5 minutes just to breath) or they literally possess no school pride. I have never seen anything like that at TCU. Everything I wish is offered here. Library opens 24/5 for me to pull all nighters. Hungry at 3 a.m.? There's a food court inside the library with decent dinner food. Want music or movie for entertainment? Free movies (pretty new) EVERY weekend, occasional concerts (like Lady Antebellum!!!), and TCU Symphony Orchestra. Want school pride? You're not on Earth if you didn't hear about TCU Football!!! If you just want to take a walk, the campus is surely beautiful enough to offer you picturesque view. For those of you who like travel (like I do), I am going to Nicaragua in the next Spring break, and possibly England for a semester after that on TCU Study Abroad program. People here make it so easy for you to go out and travel around. Like I said, everything I wish college could offer me IS offered here, and I really doubt that ANY other colleges can give you something BETTER than this.

Well, it's partly true. Kids here indeed come from rich families, but I don't think of them as spoiled kids (and I am not from a rich family by any scale to say that) Most people I met are so nice and accessible. Yes, some of them may like to throw out parties every day, and some are spoiled, but none of them has bothered me yet. I am somewhat a quiet and nerdy guy, and I feel completely comfortable here.

I would say most people look at the sky-high tuition rate at TCU and judge that it's a private university for spoiled rich kids. That's what I mostly heard from peopel when I told them I'm going to TCU.

Caitlyn

Classmates are very helpful and willing to share notes or set up study groups.

Classmates are very helpful and willing to share notes or set up study groups.

Our amazing football team and our professors who are willing to work to help you succeed.

I believe I have gotten a very valuable education out of my college experience. I have learned very beneficial life and business skills. I have also made long lasting friendships with people I have met during my time at college. I feel prepared to go out into the working world and be successful. This school has had a very positive impact on my life. The professors have been extremelly helpful and understanding and I feel like I will be able to keep in touch with them for years to come. Overall, my time at this university has been enjoyable, stimulating and educational.

Marilyn

Firm relationships between students and their professors are essential and illuminating on campus providing unique connections, relationships, and fellowship that will serve the students and professors beyond their college experience.

Attending Texas Christian University has advanced my pursuit of academic excellence while allowing me to grow and develop into a leader. The quest for knowledge and the commitment to the pursuit of understanding, woven with integrity and responsibility, epitomizes my experience at TCU. Through my academic work I have been afforded a critical focus on new international frontiers and gained an acute perspective and commitment to application. I continue to seek the academic tools necessary for providing outreach to underserved people and communities. My undergraduate years at TCU represent the race for excellence, mirroring a paradigm, gaining speed and developing finesse. Fine-tuning the necessary momentum that thrusts individuals into leadership opportunities embodies the journey that TCU begins.

The sense of community and student fellowship on campus serves to foster close relationships among students and professors. The rigor of academics expands the students' realm of knowledge and provides them with a myriad of experiences. The benfits of highly motivated and engaging professors proves superior at TCU. My porfessors make themselves available to reinforce the material through office hours and additional study sessions. They serve as mentors and strong role models for their students and their areas of experise. Each of my professors at TCU has helped me to refine my career path to meet my dreams.

Sara

My school is a combination of beauty and intelligence.

My school is a combination of beauty and intelligence.

It is incredible when you truly realize how much you are learning in college. I never thought that I could aquire so much knowledge within a matter of months. I already feel like I am growing so much and learning so much about the world around me, more than I ever imagined. In learning in school I have also realized how important relationships are in our lives: my friends and most of all, my family. I have seen how much my mom cares about me and in turn how lucky I am to have a mom like her. In college, I have truly blossomed and learned what it will be like to be on my own. I cannot imagine a life without the knowledge and skills you attain during college. I would never be the same without it.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.