Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Marilyn

Firm relationships between students and their professors are essential and illuminating on campus providing unique connections, relationships, and fellowship that will serve the students and professors beyond their college experience.

Attending Texas Christian University has advanced my pursuit of academic excellence while allowing me to grow and develop into a leader. The quest for knowledge and the commitment to the pursuit of understanding, woven with integrity and responsibility, epitomizes my experience at TCU. Through my academic work I have been afforded a critical focus on new international frontiers and gained an acute perspective and commitment to application. I continue to seek the academic tools necessary for providing outreach to underserved people and communities. My undergraduate years at TCU represent the race for excellence, mirroring a paradigm, gaining speed and developing finesse. Fine-tuning the necessary momentum that thrusts individuals into leadership opportunities embodies the journey that TCU begins.

The sense of community and student fellowship on campus serves to foster close relationships among students and professors. The rigor of academics expands the students' realm of knowledge and provides them with a myriad of experiences. The benfits of highly motivated and engaging professors proves superior at TCU. My porfessors make themselves available to reinforce the material through office hours and additional study sessions. They serve as mentors and strong role models for their students and their areas of experise. Each of my professors at TCU has helped me to refine my career path to meet my dreams.

Sara

My school is a combination of beauty and intelligence.

My school is a combination of beauty and intelligence.

It is incredible when you truly realize how much you are learning in college. I never thought that I could aquire so much knowledge within a matter of months. I already feel like I am growing so much and learning so much about the world around me, more than I ever imagined. In learning in school I have also realized how important relationships are in our lives: my friends and most of all, my family. I have seen how much my mom cares about me and in turn how lucky I am to have a mom like her. In college, I have truly blossomed and learned what it will be like to be on my own. I cannot imagine a life without the knowledge and skills you attain during college. I would never be the same without it.

William

I have spent a short amount of time in college, but in this short time I have met new people from a variety of backgrounds and gained valuable skills that I can use in my field and/or career. I want to learn as much as I possibly can so that I will be a asset to my employer and not a burden. I have also learned alot about what it takes to be an adult and the responsibilites that come with the mantle.

Devon

We are a small community tied very closely together by support for our school and love for Texas. We are also the only school with the mascot "The Horned Frog" and that gives us a unique bond as well. Our school is large enough to be very successful, but small enough to make everyone feel right at home. TCU has lots of money to spend, but seems to spend it in the right places.

My college experience has taught me many things both inside and outside the classroom. First and foremost, it taught me that my parents know a lot more than I had ever given them credit for. Being at TCU, which is located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, gave me insight into the "big city life" and allowed me to better grow and understand the attraction to these big cities. On campus I have been able to be involved in as many activities as I can possibly imagine and keep up with. In addition to life outside the classroom, TCU has provided me with wonderful classroom experiences. I struggle with some pretty serious health issues, and that is why I chose a smaller school where I wouldn't just be a number and TCU has lived up to my expectations. Faculty has been kind and accomodating for all of my 3 years here, and I could not have expected more. On top of that TCU has provided me a wonderful education and helped me get a job already with a major engineering firm in the community. TCU definitely offers the full package.

I wish I had understood just how much money some people at this school had. There is a strong wealthy class present on the campus that sometimes leaves me feeling uncomfortable or inferior.

B

My classmates had positive attitudes when it came to their academic studies, as well as the classroom peers.

My college experience fostered the deveiopment of my own authentic thoughts/ideas, a broader perspective of issues within my own environment, as well as global issues. I am now able to function as a positive, productive citizen within American society, with the ambition to continue to grow and develop into a more knowledgable global citizen. Attending college has provided me with skills and tools, which I now use to educate and motivate youth, in order for them in turn, to become positive and productive citizens.

Before attendance, the welcoming committee made all information needed for an incoming freshman available, and were very helpful. Time management skills would have helped me adjust more quickly during my first semester.

My classmates are very intelligent, witty, and extremely diverse.

My classmates are very intelligent, witty, and extremely diverse.

The most that I have gotten out of my college experience is to listen. In high school I was always talking and not taking school as seriously as I should have. During my first semester in college I went out and had too much of a good time. I was afraid to ask questions during class and then ended up not doing so well. The second semester I knew I had to get my act in gear so I took school more seriously and ended up doing really well. I continually asked questions in class and emailed my professors as many times as I needed help with homework or papers. Out of this experience I have realized how the professor is there to help us succeed; in high school my teachers would always tell us that the professor will do their best to make you fail because you will have to take their class again and they will get more money. It has been valuable to attend because I know in the long run it will help me out. . Especially with the way our economy is, it is extremely competitive to get any job.

The thing that I brag about the most when telling friends about Texas Christian University is the student to teacher ratio. For every one teacher there are fourteen students. I love the fact that the teacher knows you, and you aren't just another face to them. I think that it helps learning the material better because you aren't as afraid to ask questions in front of a smaller class either.

Shawn

I have received a lot of attention from my professors. We have developed a good repertoire with each other. Through the development of the trust between teacher and student and the equaled respect for one another, My college experience has grown dramatically. I enjoy learning and discussing with my professors. I also enjoy using the knowledge that they have given me to continue to improve in the classes I am taking. I plan to use what has been given to me through out my college career and my life. When I am in class I am attuned to what the instructor is talking about. In that respect I am better able to formulate questions and to better understand the material. Through my participation in the class, I also feel that I am better able to get a broader grasp of the material, and that the instructor, myself and the class can learn and delve deeper together.

Lakia

"Your college years will be some of the best years of your life." This common phrase people use to describe the college experience. At times it seems like it's just become a convenient clich? that people use to make everything sound nice, but the fact is with my experiences thus far at Texas Christian University, I may have to join the masses in expressing that sentiment. TCU is becoming and is looking to continue to be some of the greatest years of my life. The faculty, students, programs and overall community are amazing. There is always a helping hand, a smiling face, and a new intriguing experience around the corner. Being born and raised in California, I never would have thought I could call a place like Texas home, but TCU has allowed me to do exactly that by welcoming with open arms and an eagerness to help me succeed. Texas Christian University hasn't just changed my life, it has enhanced all for the better. So, go ahead call me typical, say it?s all a clich? because in this case I can't help it that the clich? has become a fact that it all too true.

I love the fact that TCU is a smaller University with a big University feel. Everyone is very welcoming and kind if your open and yourself. The falculty is always more than willing to help the students in any possible way. What Il ove most of all besides the great academic and non-academic programs is the school spirit. Everyone here has so much passion for the campus, something I didn't get to experience at my old school. It's refreshing and exciting.

I wish I would have known about the campus sooner, so I could have tried harder to transfer earlier. This campus in its entirety from students, to faculty to programs is amazing.

Nicholas

The new friends I have made my first year have helped me become a more well rounded person. I have learned to surround myself with people that have a drive to succede. The groups I am involved with have helped me grow in my faith more than I ever imagined. It has helped me to develop more confidence in myself and to keep focus on my goals. I have learned how to help other succede as well. The most important thing I have learned is that I can not do all things on my own. I have learned to use the resources and people around me to help me do well in classes and accomplish my goals.

If you want your faith to be a part of your college experience its a great place for you. Students wanting to be involved in greek organizations. Students who like music, especially country.

Current consrtuction on campus. The construction has upgraded the campus greatly in the past few years, and it is almost complete, but its just annoying durring the day.

Adrienne

Grdauating from high school was the biggest step in my life and I accomplished a lot of goals ithat made others proud. Taking the next step to college was very important to me because I know that if I do not further my education, life would just be a waste. I think it's important to go to college and take that life long experience. Being a college freshman was of course scary but meeting new people and learning new subjects was fun and interestig. It was a hassle but I conquered through it all and wouldnt change anything. Georgia Military College is a great school and place to meet others from a different background as you. My experience made me who I am today, to be a leader and never a follower. School may get tough but never give up because you will be awarded at the end. It is very valuable beause it is a once in a lifetime experience. that you will not forget and can treasure for life. Accept every moment in life and learn from it to become a better person.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.