Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

B

My classmates had positive attitudes when it came to their academic studies, as well as the classroom peers.

My college experience fostered the deveiopment of my own authentic thoughts/ideas, a broader perspective of issues within my own environment, as well as global issues. I am now able to function as a positive, productive citizen within American society, with the ambition to continue to grow and develop into a more knowledgable global citizen. Attending college has provided me with skills and tools, which I now use to educate and motivate youth, in order for them in turn, to become positive and productive citizens.

Before attendance, the welcoming committee made all information needed for an incoming freshman available, and were very helpful. Time management skills would have helped me adjust more quickly during my first semester.

My classmates are very intelligent, witty, and extremely diverse.

My classmates are very intelligent, witty, and extremely diverse.

The most that I have gotten out of my college experience is to listen. In high school I was always talking and not taking school as seriously as I should have. During my first semester in college I went out and had too much of a good time. I was afraid to ask questions during class and then ended up not doing so well. The second semester I knew I had to get my act in gear so I took school more seriously and ended up doing really well. I continually asked questions in class and emailed my professors as many times as I needed help with homework or papers. Out of this experience I have realized how the professor is there to help us succeed; in high school my teachers would always tell us that the professor will do their best to make you fail because you will have to take their class again and they will get more money. It has been valuable to attend because I know in the long run it will help me out. . Especially with the way our economy is, it is extremely competitive to get any job.

The thing that I brag about the most when telling friends about Texas Christian University is the student to teacher ratio. For every one teacher there are fourteen students. I love the fact that the teacher knows you, and you aren't just another face to them. I think that it helps learning the material better because you aren't as afraid to ask questions in front of a smaller class either.

Shawn

I have received a lot of attention from my professors. We have developed a good repertoire with each other. Through the development of the trust between teacher and student and the equaled respect for one another, My college experience has grown dramatically. I enjoy learning and discussing with my professors. I also enjoy using the knowledge that they have given me to continue to improve in the classes I am taking. I plan to use what has been given to me through out my college career and my life. When I am in class I am attuned to what the instructor is talking about. In that respect I am better able to formulate questions and to better understand the material. Through my participation in the class, I also feel that I am better able to get a broader grasp of the material, and that the instructor, myself and the class can learn and delve deeper together.

Lakia

"Your college years will be some of the best years of your life." This common phrase people use to describe the college experience. At times it seems like it's just become a convenient clich? that people use to make everything sound nice, but the fact is with my experiences thus far at Texas Christian University, I may have to join the masses in expressing that sentiment. TCU is becoming and is looking to continue to be some of the greatest years of my life. The faculty, students, programs and overall community are amazing. There is always a helping hand, a smiling face, and a new intriguing experience around the corner. Being born and raised in California, I never would have thought I could call a place like Texas home, but TCU has allowed me to do exactly that by welcoming with open arms and an eagerness to help me succeed. Texas Christian University hasn't just changed my life, it has enhanced all for the better. So, go ahead call me typical, say it?s all a clich? because in this case I can't help it that the clich? has become a fact that it all too true.

I love the fact that TCU is a smaller University with a big University feel. Everyone is very welcoming and kind if your open and yourself. The falculty is always more than willing to help the students in any possible way. What Il ove most of all besides the great academic and non-academic programs is the school spirit. Everyone here has so much passion for the campus, something I didn't get to experience at my old school. It's refreshing and exciting.

I wish I would have known about the campus sooner, so I could have tried harder to transfer earlier. This campus in its entirety from students, to faculty to programs is amazing.

Nicholas

The new friends I have made my first year have helped me become a more well rounded person. I have learned to surround myself with people that have a drive to succede. The groups I am involved with have helped me grow in my faith more than I ever imagined. It has helped me to develop more confidence in myself and to keep focus on my goals. I have learned how to help other succede as well. The most important thing I have learned is that I can not do all things on my own. I have learned to use the resources and people around me to help me do well in classes and accomplish my goals.

If you want your faith to be a part of your college experience its a great place for you. Students wanting to be involved in greek organizations. Students who like music, especially country.

Current consrtuction on campus. The construction has upgraded the campus greatly in the past few years, and it is almost complete, but its just annoying durring the day.

Adrienne

Grdauating from high school was the biggest step in my life and I accomplished a lot of goals ithat made others proud. Taking the next step to college was very important to me because I know that if I do not further my education, life would just be a waste. I think it's important to go to college and take that life long experience. Being a college freshman was of course scary but meeting new people and learning new subjects was fun and interestig. It was a hassle but I conquered through it all and wouldnt change anything. Georgia Military College is a great school and place to meet others from a different background as you. My experience made me who I am today, to be a leader and never a follower. School may get tough but never give up because you will be awarded at the end. It is very valuable beause it is a once in a lifetime experience. that you will not forget and can treasure for life. Accept every moment in life and learn from it to become a better person.

TCU is very friendly and laid back with a high standard for education.

TCU is very friendly and laid back with a high standard for education.

The small class size and individual attention from faculty and staff.

College has been a learning experience all around. I have not only learned through academics, but also about people. Learning people's tendencies and behaviors has been very interesting to me. Having to resolve conflicts with people has been quite an experience since every person handles situations differently. I have learned, while in college, how to adjust to different personalities. My college experience has been absolutely amazing and I coudln't have asked for a better school to attend. I have learned many life lessons and have been able to experience many job opportunities in my field of psychology. I value my education, so attending college has been valuable in itself. I want to pursue my doctorate, so receiving my bachelor's degree was the first step. I will soon be enrolled in University of North Texas's Educational Psychology Master's Program as my next step in pursuing my doctorate. Mostly, my undergraduate experience has been just plain fun (with lots of work in between)!

Katie

TCU is all about pride, we are "horny for life!"

TCU is all about pride, we are "horny for life!"

People think that TCU has one population: the sorority girl and the fraternity boy, but our students represent many ethnicities, cultures, economic statuses, and gender, and everyone can find their place here.

TCU has been a place where I can call home. I live on campus, and have a community in my building. I joined a sorority, and gained new sisters to my family. I love that I found a place that has given me a second family. I will graduate with a degree in Early Childhood Education. TCU has one of the best programs in the area, and I can't imagine studying anywhere else. It has been so valuable to be to be able to do field experience since my first semester of college, which is academically one of the most valuable things that TCU can offer me for my future. But also, just as important as the academics, is my new community and family that TCU has given. College is about experience, and so far, these experiences have made everything worth it.

Ryan

Its a medium size private school with a fun and energetic atmosphere with lots of available options for academic and extracurricular growth.

Through my experience in college, I have learned what it takes to manage time properly, made several friends, branched out spiritually and emotionally, and become involved in things I wouldn?t have had the opportunity to otherwise. I have grown as a person and become more well rounded. College is a valuable stepping stone in growing up. Without these experiences, I wouldn?t be the same as I am now.

Its a bit on the expensive side, although there is several scholarships available.

Pazely

There are so many things I have gotten out of my college experience. Not just a great education but the feeling of being successful. I love going to school knowing that when I'm done I am going to have a great career. The college experience has made me feel like I have achieved more in life. It lets me know I am headed in the right direction. Not only that, attending college has let me get the hands on experience to my future career, which makes me look forward to it more. Going to college and experiencing it has also motivated me to want to go on further in my education. In that sense college is very valuable and not just in the beginning but when you finish too. Pushing myself to go to college has allowed my confidence to sky rocket and I know I can do anything.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.