Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Brenda

Students at TCU are enthusiastic about school and learning and it's easy to tell that we enjoy our lectures!

The best advice I can give a family when making a decision to finding the right college is simple. Visit the school and go for your gut instinct. It is also good to remember that just because it may not be an Ivy League does not mean you won't get a good quality of education. At the end of the day, whatever choice you make should be the one that most satisfies you as a student, not anyone else. So choose the school where you will the feel most comfortable and where you feel like you can grow as a person!

I wish I would have known how high the Greek to Non-greek ratio is.

Overpriced for the learning experience, but amazing networking

Overpriced for the learning experience, but amazing networking

Michelle

Definitely enjoy it while you are there. When you're a freshman you think you're so old and before you realize it, you're a senior and you've become role models for the other classes without even realizing it. Make the most of your college experience by at least trying everything you would like to be part of. It's okay to not do everything like you did in the past. There will be hard times, incredibly fun and memorable times and the best and worst of times. In order to appreciate one, you'll have to go through the other. You can't appreciate the best times without ever experiencing the worst. Go with your instinct and follow your heart. Very rarely, do they disappoint. Work hard and have fun. Don't worry about looking stupid or not fitting in because chances are the person right beside you is in fear of the same thing. College is an opportunity to start anew. Cherish everything because graduation comes quickly in four, five and sometimes even six years.

Trying to find parking is absolutely ridiculous. I would have to go to school sometimes an hour early just to get decent parking.

Everyone that attends TCU is so friendly and so sweet. I have met the best people there.- my friends, professors and faculty especially.

Lacey

TCU has been a great place for me, becuase I have felt like I am more than a number. I get to form a unique relationship with each of my professors where I know they will be there for me if I need anything. This has led me to achieve great success both academically and in my future profession. I can't imagine being anywhere else, because TCU has given me the college expereince I wanted for myself and want for my future children.

Parents need to understand that their kids are going to be making their own choices at school, and they need to trust that their kids paid enough attention while they were growing up to make the right choices. Students, this is your time to reinvent yourself and find out what you like doing. Don't feel boxed in by your major, take college as an opportunity to experience everything you want to, but remember you have to live with all the decisions you make. Picking a college shouldn't be all about the academics. Look at the things that are important to you whether they be clubs, athletics, academics, or anything else. Don't be afraid to start at one school and end at a different school. If the school you start at doesn't fit you then don't stay their for the next three years. Make the decisions you feel that are best for you.

The worst part about TCU is that it can't keep up with the growth of the student body. Parking is a problem, as is getting to live on campus at the beginning of each semester. They have also implemented a new meal plan that I feel has many problems with it, but they are looking at ways to fix it.

Katelyn

Disverse, liberal, but willing to accept me the way I am

Disverse, liberal, but willing to accept me the way I am

Fine Arts, Engineering, and Nursing

Visit as many as possible. List three thrings you want from a university, the town it is in, and the distance you are willing to travel and fine the colleges that meet those requirements. Talk with friends that go to those universities and get their opinion. Remember it is the student who will go there for 4 years, not their parents.

Adrienne

Standoffish, most don't interact with others., and I'm shy so that may not help.

Finding the right college requires a deep understanding of yourself. If you are outgoing and love to socialize, attend a college that promotes that, for instance a large state university. If you are a quiet soul, like me, then you need a more intimate setting with smaller student/teacher ratio, like a private university. Don't discount a college based on the cost, yes it may be more expensive, but if it suites the students personality and goals, the cost is worth it. Ultimately, let the student determine the college. Oftentimes the parents drive their child into attending their academic dream university instead of listening to the person who will be attending the school. When the student is making the decision where to attend, and the parents support that decision, in my opinion, they are more likely to stay focused and graduate. Finally, get connected. Join an organization, volunteer, or find other ways to meet people and make friends. In high school we think our friendships will last forever, and sometimes that is true. More often, our lifelong friendships begin at college. These friendships are lasting and endure because they understand the struggles of college life.

The cost is outrageous and they expect my parents to pay for it when they can't afford to.

Marie

TCU is dedicated to producing ethical leaders while still presenting opportunities for students to enjoy their time in colleg...

TCU is dedicated to producing ethical leaders while still presenting opportunities for students to enjoy their time in college.

TCU is located within a lively metropolis with several opportunities for jobs during and post-college. TCU additionally advocates student independence and not forcing certain views upon everyone.

Apply for scholarships! Don't let money be the factor to hold you back from a great education. There are opportunities to make everything work. Also, the student should go where they want to, not where others want them to. My Best Advice is to be open-minded always while still knowing what you believe in. Don't let anyone tell you you cannot do something. The possibilities are limitless when you take control of your life! (That sounds like a bunch of cliches all put together, but I believe it!)

Tara

smaller size college that feels somewhat of a bubble sometimes than in the real world.

visit many colleges and ask the students there how they feel about the school! stay for a couple days and get the feel for it because you will be spending alot of time here so you best be liking it! Apply to lots of schools to keep your options open too! Don't get too over involved in college and make the most of opportunities to build relationships and have fun...but don't go looking for fun in the wrong places! Have pride in your school ! Study hard but don't let it consume to !

The opportunities in fort worth to use our skills we are learning.

Hailey

Nice, smart, intellegent, and helpful.

Nice, smart, intellegent, and helpful.

Know what you want to study prior to makig your final decision on which school you would like to attend. Make sure you have a way to acquire the funds needed in order to attend the school and go on a tour of the school. If you go on a tour, you can get a feel of the campus and the type of people you could be learning with.

Casee

I would tell parents to listend to what their children want in a school and be open to all possibilities whether they be public or private. To students I would say listen to your heart. It sounds sappy but if your heart is calling you to be at a school, then find a way to be there and be happy. Also, I would say to just be as outgoing as possible. You make a lot of your friends in the first semester when everyone is curious and active in the community. Just get out ther and meet everyone!

You need to be sort of fratty. You need to be able to handle very rich and powerful families and snotty girls. there is a very large greek life here so it is better for you socially if you drink and go out.

if you come in without much scholarship and do well, it is almost impossible to get more aid. It is too expensive and they just assume that everyone can pay for it. If you cannot afford it, instead of helping you, they tell you to transfer and not everyone can be a horned frog.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.