Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Brian

TCU offers a multitude of social clubs, fraternities, and organizations that allow you to network and really grow with people on campus. I would strongly encourage you to get involved on campus because it could get very lonely otherwise.

Visit the college that you are wanting to attend. You will never really know how you like it until you put yourself in the situation!

I tell them mostly about the incredible professors that we have here. Our teachers are very intelligent and stimulating. Most of them actually wrote the textbooks that are used in the classrooms.

Allie

A person who wants to join a fraternity or sorority, is friendly, social, and focused on school should attend this school.

The most frustrating thing is signing up for classes online. It is easy to do, but the classes fill up quickly with the good teachers. But, those good teachers usually understand and give you a permit to enroll in their class. All it takes is an e-mail, but it's annoying to do.

Julie

Make sure that you visit the college! Don't necessarily let money be the make-it-or-break-it factor. Go where the school has a great department in whatever you are interested in. Major in something that you love! Consider the town that your school is in. TCU and Baylor are a lot alike, but Fort Worth is a lot better than Waco could ever be. This truly changes your college experience! Try to find a city that you would love to live in if you weren't going to school there. The community that surrounds your school, parents, will have a huge impact on your child!

Someone who is serious about Fine Arts. Music department is great, dance is okay--otherwise, graphic design, art/ art education/ art history, fashion/ design are all lacking. The Spanish dept. is going down-hill as well.

A lot of people here are very materialistic and wealthy. Money is a non-issue. Not very laid-back atmosphere. Very huge greek life here--if you don't like that, maybe should consider a different school.

Brenda

Students at TCU are enthusiastic about school and learning and it's easy to tell that we enjoy our lectures!

The best advice I can give a family when making a decision to finding the right college is simple. Visit the school and go for your gut instinct. It is also good to remember that just because it may not be an Ivy League does not mean you won't get a good quality of education. At the end of the day, whatever choice you make should be the one that most satisfies you as a student, not anyone else. So choose the school where you will the feel most comfortable and where you feel like you can grow as a person!

I wish I would have known how high the Greek to Non-greek ratio is.

Overpriced for the learning experience, but amazing networking

Overpriced for the learning experience, but amazing networking

Michelle

Definitely enjoy it while you are there. When you're a freshman you think you're so old and before you realize it, you're a senior and you've become role models for the other classes without even realizing it. Make the most of your college experience by at least trying everything you would like to be part of. It's okay to not do everything like you did in the past. There will be hard times, incredibly fun and memorable times and the best and worst of times. In order to appreciate one, you'll have to go through the other. You can't appreciate the best times without ever experiencing the worst. Go with your instinct and follow your heart. Very rarely, do they disappoint. Work hard and have fun. Don't worry about looking stupid or not fitting in because chances are the person right beside you is in fear of the same thing. College is an opportunity to start anew. Cherish everything because graduation comes quickly in four, five and sometimes even six years.

Trying to find parking is absolutely ridiculous. I would have to go to school sometimes an hour early just to get decent parking.

Everyone that attends TCU is so friendly and so sweet. I have met the best people there.- my friends, professors and faculty especially.

Lacey

TCU has been a great place for me, becuase I have felt like I am more than a number. I get to form a unique relationship with each of my professors where I know they will be there for me if I need anything. This has led me to achieve great success both academically and in my future profession. I can't imagine being anywhere else, because TCU has given me the college expereince I wanted for myself and want for my future children.

Parents need to understand that their kids are going to be making their own choices at school, and they need to trust that their kids paid enough attention while they were growing up to make the right choices. Students, this is your time to reinvent yourself and find out what you like doing. Don't feel boxed in by your major, take college as an opportunity to experience everything you want to, but remember you have to live with all the decisions you make. Picking a college shouldn't be all about the academics. Look at the things that are important to you whether they be clubs, athletics, academics, or anything else. Don't be afraid to start at one school and end at a different school. If the school you start at doesn't fit you then don't stay their for the next three years. Make the decisions you feel that are best for you.

The worst part about TCU is that it can't keep up with the growth of the student body. Parking is a problem, as is getting to live on campus at the beginning of each semester. They have also implemented a new meal plan that I feel has many problems with it, but they are looking at ways to fix it.

Katelyn

Disverse, liberal, but willing to accept me the way I am

Disverse, liberal, but willing to accept me the way I am

Fine Arts, Engineering, and Nursing

Visit as many as possible. List three thrings you want from a university, the town it is in, and the distance you are willing to travel and fine the colleges that meet those requirements. Talk with friends that go to those universities and get their opinion. Remember it is the student who will go there for 4 years, not their parents.

Adrienne

Standoffish, most don't interact with others., and I'm shy so that may not help.

Finding the right college requires a deep understanding of yourself. If you are outgoing and love to socialize, attend a college that promotes that, for instance a large state university. If you are a quiet soul, like me, then you need a more intimate setting with smaller student/teacher ratio, like a private university. Don't discount a college based on the cost, yes it may be more expensive, but if it suites the students personality and goals, the cost is worth it. Ultimately, let the student determine the college. Oftentimes the parents drive their child into attending their academic dream university instead of listening to the person who will be attending the school. When the student is making the decision where to attend, and the parents support that decision, in my opinion, they are more likely to stay focused and graduate. Finally, get connected. Join an organization, volunteer, or find other ways to meet people and make friends. In high school we think our friendships will last forever, and sometimes that is true. More often, our lifelong friendships begin at college. These friendships are lasting and endure because they understand the struggles of college life.

The cost is outrageous and they expect my parents to pay for it when they can't afford to.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.