Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Aaron

The Neeley School of Business. It is ranked nationally and provides multiple programs for students on campus. Some of the brightest students here decide to give most of their time to the business school programs.

My advice is simple: go wherever you believe you will have the opportunity to get involved. By being "involved," I am referring to finding what sets you on fire - what you are passionate about. Quite frankly, getting a college education without making the effort to contribute to your university is a waste of both time and money. When the time comes: visit colleges, talk to admissions counselors, and have discussions with professors. All of these activities will teach you about the university you are considering; however, if you really want to learn about a school. talk to its students. A college that has nothing to hide will BEG you to speak to their students. Walking up to a current student and asking them about their school can teach you more than an admissions counselor or professor ever could. The passion of the students on a campus can make or break a college experience. Furthermore, the passion you feel about a university, after visiting, will let you know where to go.

The type of person that is not interested in putting in the effort to succeed. This university is too difficult for someone who plans on slacking off in his or her studies.

Lisa

TCU is rich and strongly involved in greek organizations but has great academic programs and strong school spirit.

The most important thing is to not be afraid of change. I moved half way across the country to a state that I had previously never been to. I chose my college based on academics and the surrounding area. This school was not my first choice but I am sure now that it was the best choice. Being here and having that change in my life allowed me to get involved in activities that I never would have otherwise. I am involved in a sorority, living on campus, and actually enjoying my classes and learning. I have quite a bit of debt from attending school here but nothing trumps the feeling of knowing that you are in the right place. I am studying abroad next semester and I am confident that the education I am receiving here will be very useful in my future. So don't be afraid! Just go for it, there is something here for everyone but make sure that you feel comfortable and that you will happy, that's what is most important.

TCU is in a great area, has a lot of great facilities and programs, and has great resources for students.

The best choice I have made in my life!

The best choice I have made in my life!

To future empty nest parents- College is a wonderful experience! It is one that has changed my life for the better! I believe it is essential for a student to pick a university that suits him or her in their unique ways. Once at the college the student will be bombarded with clubs, greek organizations, honor societies, and church groups. Your student must use these groups to his advantage! In each group he can meet multiple people and make connections and friends that will last a lifetime. Of course you expect your son or daughter to stay home and study weeknights, weekends however are a time for fun and socialization amoung peers. Not all college parties are bad. College students remember what their parents told them about drinking and drug use. Believe it or not, we actually believe that you are right. We, as college students, have grown up and are adopting principles and standards of our own. We set very high standards for ourselves. So parents give your student a little wiggle room to test out the waters of the university. And remember we never forget about you, and we will always come home for money and food!

Lisa

Pick your top three colleges and look at every aspect of them. If possible, visit the campuses and observe students. Talk to faculty members, Financial Aid advisors, talk to students. Observe how the students react to others around them, and how they interact with such people as physical plant workers or housekeepers. Watch how the people on campus treat the campus (do they throw trash away, for example?). Check out alumni involvement in the school, and the career center to see if there are useful networks or help to find jobs following graduation. Compare financial aid packages between schools, and look into any tuition hikes recently, or any improvements being done on campus that could lead to a tuition hike. Look at the distance you will have to travel to get to school, how close family is, and how you might be able to be involved in your favorite activities. Check out everything that you might be interested in doing in college, and don't decide on a major until after your first year, and take classes in any area you are interested in until you decide a major. And don't be araid to change your major. Have fun.

The emphasis on greek life is exhausting and really ruins the academic side of the school. The newer classes are more rude and spoiled than the previous classes, and the greeks behavior (this behavior) overshadows and runs off any good and intellectual students. I myself cannot wait to graduate for this reason, and am somewhat shameful to admit TCU as my undergraduate school.

I'd have to say four things: police force, school spirit, location, and the campus. I admire the amount of school spirit, for being such a small school we can definitely hold our own against the likes of UT or OU. Also, the close-to-downtown location is very convenient and makes for a very comfortable feel. The police on campus are phenomenal and I feel safe here, despite the location of being close to downtown, which is usually a recipe for trouble on campus from external influences. The campus itself is beautiful. It is sprawling yet compact.

Justin

Ladainian Tomlinson and Bob Schieffer

Ladainian Tomlinson and Bob Schieffer

Just enjoy it. At times it WILL become very challenging and may make you think that the world is falling down on you, but you have to stay strong and KNOW you will pull through it. If you stress over a bad test grade, just understand that it is just ONE test and you will have more chances to raise your grade, but only if you TRY and take it SERIOUSLY. College is only as fun and rewarding as you make it, so make it so!

Someone who is able to afford it and is not looking for a huge school.

Lindsay

Don't just go on "feelings" alone. Truly research the issues: How much money are you going to need to pay for college, how much will they give you, and how well will they work with you on it. How many people going into the same field as you end up with good jobs after graduation...etc.

My Christian sorority, our brother fraternity, my boyfriend, my friends, the fact that our team is better than any of theirs, and how our business and nursing programs are so good.

The friends that I have made, my Christian sorority, the small community and pretty (the parts that aren't under construction) campus.

Brasean

Visit a college for at least a weekend to check out the surrounding areas and get a chance to interact with the people. Location is very important when choosing a school.

That the tuition was going to go up every year...

Someone who only wants to party all the time and isn't really focused on their education...

Chanel

The curriculum, sports, diversity & many other aspects of a university can help a student determine if a particular college is right for him or her. However, I strongly believe in campus visits. Taking a tour of the campus can be the deciding factor on whether or not a prospective student chooses a school. To make the most of the college experience, go to socials, plays, football/basketball games; Try out for sports; Rush a sorority/fraternity; stay on campus...whatever you do, just make sure you get involved!

The emphasis on academics

Te'Sheena

I had to start all over. I didn't have any friends when i came here, i had to meet new ones. If I would have went to a different school I would have been with all my friends. I like the new start.

to Students: Make sure when you are deciding what school you want to go to that you are sure. You dont want to go somewhere were you really dont want to be.

All the new people i have met. The football team and how I know a lot of the football players. The environment here, how it is quiet and how nice most of the people here are. The scenery isnt bad, either.

Annmarie

The people are so incredibley nice and the professors really care about their students. Most of them give out the cell phone numbers so they can be reached at all times. The chancellor is so amazing and loves to know his students on a personal level.

My advice to students looking for the right university is to visit the campus when classes are in session. It is crucial to observe how the students interact with each other, the expressions on their faces, and the culture you feel while you are there. If you have the opportunity to stay over night I highly reccommend that aswell. The more time you spend there and the more people that you meet will give you a much better feeling whether or not the shcool is a right fit for you. If you already have a slight idea of what you are wanting to study, investigate in the global community to see how respected a degree is from the school you are considering really is. Your college career is important so you want to make sure that you get the most return on your investment. Lastly, college is a time when you begin to shape who you really are so while you're looking at the campus grounds, the professors, and the students don't just say "I think I could fit in", visualize yourself having an amazing college experience that will prepare you for a wonderful carareer full of opportunities.

Someone that doesn't like to try.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.