Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Chelsea

You have to take every factor into consideration. The college's proximity to home, the pros and cons of its location. Also, its important to make sure that it offers a major that is appealing to the student. Greek life is very active and strong in some schools while its not in others. Look into the schools social life and see if its a good fit for you!

The social life. The atmosphere, environment and people. The campus offers a lot of activities and is somewhat small, tight-knit community.

The location. I like Fort Worth because its not a big city but its close to Dallas, which is. However, there is no beach or mountains in close proximity. Most of our activities are reduced to drinking.

Joe

Spend time on campus while school is in session. And walk around and experience student life outside of an organized tour.

While the closed-minded people don't necessarily outnumber the open-minded ones, they seem to run the campus sometimes which makes it hard for me to feel comfortable being myself a lot of the time.

Anybody can find their niche here, it's just harder, I think, for a more liberal person sometimes.

Leslie

nursing and buisness and health studies (chemistry biology nutritional science etc). Also greek life is a big thing. It's great because it's a smaller size so it's more of a family and if u dont know someone you will somehow know someone they know. It's not too small though and everyone can find a little place to fit in.

When my parents and I were looking at schools people always told me "you'll just know" when you find the right college. I found 3 colleges that I loved. Visit a lot of colleges and find thing things that you like and dislike in them. Talk to your high school counselor. Take a chance and go somewhere where you won't know a soul so that you can be exactly who you want to be and find new friends that like you for who you are. Try and live somewhere different than what your home is like...or find somewhere that's just like your home and in a different place. (I'm from Omaha and I go to TCU in Fort Worth..very similar cities but different places). Also just be yourself. Don't do things because you're "supposed" to. STUDY! Don't fail your freshman year because classes don't get any easier. Balance your social and academic life. Don't go to a school that's too challenging and have to work all the time to keep up but don't slack off. No regrets--you only get out what you put in.

The stereotype is rich little southern preppy kids. I'm from nebraska and not incrediuby rich and not so preppy. i have kids in my class that fit the stereotype and i have kids from california and then kids that dress all punk rock so anybody can attend this school. What's great about TCU is you can make it whatever you want. everyone is accepting regardless of what ur like

Well traveled, interesting, smart, and upper middle class or above

Well traveled, interesting, smart, and upper middle class or above

I think everyone ends up in a college that works for them. Even if you don't get into the school that all your friends are going to or the place you've wanted to go since you were a little kid, you will find your niche anywhere. Reaching out to new people and living in a new environment is scary but it forces you to grow in ways that you never thought possible. College is what you make of it.

We have very little diversity. Wealthy white caucasions dominate the student population, and the Greek system is very strong. There is little tolerance for those who dress differently or are of a different race. There is no violence towards the people who are "different", but it is obvious that they are excluded in certain social groups.

Victoria

My classmates are diverse but mostly upper class frat/soriorty girl

My classmates are diverse but mostly upper class frat/soriorty girl

Find your place on campus. You may have to search hard, but there is always a place for everyone

How beautiful the campus is and how caring our professors are. Because of the small class sizes, the professors get to know you extremely well and really care about your future.

Cody

TCU is an amazing opportunity for any student because of the small class sizes, friendly nature, beuatiful campus, amazing career center, and professors that really do care about you as an individual. The campus has had a lot of new construction that has transformed the campus into an almost idealic setting. TCU is unique in that it is a small private university with all the offerings of a huge state school, including top ranked athletic programs.

Finding the right college is a huge decision but everything will work out in the end if you do your research. Before you even consider a college you have to decide what you are looking for in a school. Large or small, public or private, rural or urban setting? Also, don't rule out a college because it's too expensive. If you really like the college , apply and see what kind of financial aid or scholarships you get because you never know. Once you have your criteria for finding a college look at all the school that are fairly similar to those qualities. Don't let your friends talk you into a college. One of the best things that I did was to go to a college where I only knew one person. Once you have your list narrowed down to 5 or 7, go visit them and stay overnight if you can. The best way to see if you would love a college is to take a tour and talk to students there.

The business school has prepared me to go out in the business world and wow my employers. With the help of the campus career center, I already have had two internships and am working on my third. I literally have had to do group projects in every one of my classes so I know that I am ready to work with just about anyone when I graduate.

Anne

TCU is the perfect size. It is large enough to where it is considered a big school, but small enough to where you feel like you know everyone. Fort Worth is a great college town; there are a lot of alumnae who support the school and enjoy visiting with the students there. Professors are genuine and care about your education. People are great as long as you accept them for who they truly are. The golden rule always applies: "treat others how you would like to be treated." This goes a long way, whether it is with classmates, professors, peers, or just friends!

This is one of the most unique things about TCU. It is important to join a club of some sort to get involved on campus. I am a very religious person and have gotten involved in a local church as well as a ministry for middle school and high school kids. I have gotten to know a lot of different people through organizations and classes, but I know that each person is different in their own ways and try to accept it. Students are predominantly from right-winged, middle-class families, but each student has his or her own opinion that brings forth several perspectives.

Some are; a lot of students are part of the Greek System. There are a lot of seriously genuine people in sororities and fraternities, and you can't base who a person is off of what club they belong to. People do work hard, they just also play hard. They know that college is hard work but after the work is done they know how to just kick back and enjoy being in college. I have grown a lot being at TCU, and I've found some amazing friends who are hard workers but at the end of the day know what's important in life.

Professors are amazing..... If you try hard, meet with them, try to get to know them, then they will try and help you in whatever way you need to. Each school is unique because of the professors. They work hard and really want you to succeed in life.

TCU teaches you a lot about social situations. From football season to classrooms to greek organizations, this campus puts a lot of students together and bonds them quickly. Joining a sorority is what really bonded me to my close friends. They are girls I love to hang out with and who will definitely be in my life for years and years to come. On any given night, there is something happening. Whether this includes hanging out at the dorms, sorority house, sporting event, or just going to see a movie, there is something new and exciting happening. On any given weekend, you can expect a fraternity party, a sporting event, and a chill night. The whole party scene is prevalent at TCU, but this is because students like to get together and hang out. People respect you for not drinking, but don't look down on you if you do/don't drink.

You either love TCU or you don't. Everyone is Greek, and all greeks are snobs. People don't work hard to earn their education, they just coast through life. "TCU: where the girls are girls and the guys are too"

Alexa

I think the size of TCU is just right. Because it's a private school, they keep the numbers pretty small, so you feel like you actually matter on campus as opposed to some of the bigger state schools where you are just a number. I also feel like I get more attention in the classroom since class sizes are a lot smaller. I get a really good reaction from most people when I tell them I go to TCU. It really is a prestigious university that is very selective, and I feel like you get your money's worth. There are a lot of fun things to do around campus, and Fort Worth is really cool too. Dallas isn't far away either, and there are endless possibilities for fun there. TCU's administration is, for the most part, really helpful. You can pretty much get help with anything you need very quickly. One of the most frequent student complaints I hear about is the parking situation. It's pretty rough, but you get used to it.

TCU has a good amount of diversity, and I think most people can find groups that they are able to fit in with. Most students don't dress up for class. You can find most girls wearing workout type clothes during the day, and most guys wearing basic shorts and t shirts. Most of the people I know that go to TCU are from Texas.

Most professors at TCU take the time to really get to know their students. I feel like I can talk outside of class to any one of them and get help with whatever I need. Most students at TCU take their schoolwork pretty seriously, and class participation is really encouraged and very common. I'm a music major, and this department at TCU is incredible. Every music professor I have had has been amazing, and I have learned important things from each of them. The curriculum at TCU is pretty tough, and you have to stay on top of your schoolwork if you want to do well. I know a few kids who have gotten behind and have had to pay the consequences, whether that be by failing classes or losing scholarships.

The most popular organizations on campus are the sororities and fraternities. I belong to a sorority, and for the most part I love it. You can choose to be as involved with it as you want to be. Athletic events are pretty popular, especially football games. Students get pretty into it. I met most of my closest friends through my major. Most of them are in a lot of the same classes as me. I also am close with a lot of the girls in my sorority. Partying is pretty big on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. There is usually always something to do.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.