Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Anne

TCU is the perfect size. It is large enough to where it is considered a big school, but small enough to where you feel like you know everyone. Fort Worth is a great college town; there are a lot of alumnae who support the school and enjoy visiting with the students there. Professors are genuine and care about your education. People are great as long as you accept them for who they truly are. The golden rule always applies: "treat others how you would like to be treated." This goes a long way, whether it is with classmates, professors, peers, or just friends!

This is one of the most unique things about TCU. It is important to join a club of some sort to get involved on campus. I am a very religious person and have gotten involved in a local church as well as a ministry for middle school and high school kids. I have gotten to know a lot of different people through organizations and classes, but I know that each person is different in their own ways and try to accept it. Students are predominantly from right-winged, middle-class families, but each student has his or her own opinion that brings forth several perspectives.

Some are; a lot of students are part of the Greek System. There are a lot of seriously genuine people in sororities and fraternities, and you can't base who a person is off of what club they belong to. People do work hard, they just also play hard. They know that college is hard work but after the work is done they know how to just kick back and enjoy being in college. I have grown a lot being at TCU, and I've found some amazing friends who are hard workers but at the end of the day know what's important in life.

Professors are amazing..... If you try hard, meet with them, try to get to know them, then they will try and help you in whatever way you need to. Each school is unique because of the professors. They work hard and really want you to succeed in life.

TCU teaches you a lot about social situations. From football season to classrooms to greek organizations, this campus puts a lot of students together and bonds them quickly. Joining a sorority is what really bonded me to my close friends. They are girls I love to hang out with and who will definitely be in my life for years and years to come. On any given night, there is something happening. Whether this includes hanging out at the dorms, sorority house, sporting event, or just going to see a movie, there is something new and exciting happening. On any given weekend, you can expect a fraternity party, a sporting event, and a chill night. The whole party scene is prevalent at TCU, but this is because students like to get together and hang out. People respect you for not drinking, but don't look down on you if you do/don't drink.

You either love TCU or you don't. Everyone is Greek, and all greeks are snobs. People don't work hard to earn their education, they just coast through life. "TCU: where the girls are girls and the guys are too"

Alexa

I think the size of TCU is just right. Because it's a private school, they keep the numbers pretty small, so you feel like you actually matter on campus as opposed to some of the bigger state schools where you are just a number. I also feel like I get more attention in the classroom since class sizes are a lot smaller. I get a really good reaction from most people when I tell them I go to TCU. It really is a prestigious university that is very selective, and I feel like you get your money's worth. There are a lot of fun things to do around campus, and Fort Worth is really cool too. Dallas isn't far away either, and there are endless possibilities for fun there. TCU's administration is, for the most part, really helpful. You can pretty much get help with anything you need very quickly. One of the most frequent student complaints I hear about is the parking situation. It's pretty rough, but you get used to it.

TCU has a good amount of diversity, and I think most people can find groups that they are able to fit in with. Most students don't dress up for class. You can find most girls wearing workout type clothes during the day, and most guys wearing basic shorts and t shirts. Most of the people I know that go to TCU are from Texas.

Most professors at TCU take the time to really get to know their students. I feel like I can talk outside of class to any one of them and get help with whatever I need. Most students at TCU take their schoolwork pretty seriously, and class participation is really encouraged and very common. I'm a music major, and this department at TCU is incredible. Every music professor I have had has been amazing, and I have learned important things from each of them. The curriculum at TCU is pretty tough, and you have to stay on top of your schoolwork if you want to do well. I know a few kids who have gotten behind and have had to pay the consequences, whether that be by failing classes or losing scholarships.

The most popular organizations on campus are the sororities and fraternities. I belong to a sorority, and for the most part I love it. You can choose to be as involved with it as you want to be. Athletic events are pretty popular, especially football games. Students get pretty into it. I met most of my closest friends through my major. Most of them are in a lot of the same classes as me. I also am close with a lot of the girls in my sorority. Partying is pretty big on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. There is usually always something to do.

Kristen

My experience at TCU has been exceptional, and while I know I am prepared to enter the "real world" in a year, I do not want to leave TCU. It is a truly wonderful university and has made so many opportunities available for me. The campus size is perfect - a little over 7,000 students - so people know you and you have an opportunity to get involved and make a name for yourself. I honestly don't think I would change a single thing about TCU (well, parking is always an issue at any school, but TCU is already working to improve it). Fort Worth gives you the college town feel - it's small, intimate, and there is a big support from the locals - but it also has the draw of downtown. Sundance Square, which is downtown, has restaurants, shops, clubs, theaters, and just about anything else you can imagine. TCU is extremely connected to its community and this relationship is evident throughout campus and town. There is a ton of school pride on campus - how many other schools have the mighty Horned Frog as their mascot? Football game days are the highlight of everyone's fall semester as the entire campus (and town) shows up in their purple. It is a very unique school and we take pride in that fact.

I am actually a Student Body Officer on campus and I could not be more proud of this honor. I have served in this position for two years and have enjoyed every moment of it. Our student body is very unique and we pride ourselves in that. upon entering the main dining hall, you might see athletes, fraternity men, band students, members from the religious organizations on campus, sorority women, and students who opt out of organizations to focus on academics. No matter what you do, who you are, and what you believe in, TCU is the place for you. A great majority of students are from Texas (probably over 60%) but I have friends from other states and even other countries. Financial backgrounds vary as well - some students have private jets and other students, like myself, are quite content driving a Hyundai. There is a very strong support for all sides of the political spectrum - we have had several politicians and guest lecturers on campus and have seen a surprising support at all events. Students at TCU are driven - they look forward to the future and take pride in their Horned Frog roots.

I think I've said everything I needed to - TCU is an exceptional school and I cannot imagine my college experience without it!

TCU has a very "diverse" campus in that it is home to many unique individuals - students are involved in everything from Greek organizations to academic programs to honor societies to athletics. Our students come from all walks of life and represent various socioeconomic classes, ethnicities, religions, and beliefs. Some students might drive a BMW, others might prefer to commute by city bus or bicycle. Not every student is filthy rich - the University provides excellent opportunities for scholarships, grants, and loans. Everyone has their own hobbies and areas of interest during their free time. It would be a lie to say no one parties at TCU, but it is not a "party school." Some people might throw a party, others might go out for dinner and a movie...there is something for everyone!

Every single professor I have had at TCU has known my name. They go out of their way to get to know their students - they have a required open-door office hour policy every week and some make themselves even more available. Professors get on Facebook and some even create their own websites or AIM screennames so they can better help their students. I cannot say enough about the professors at TCU. There is even a story about Speaker Jim Wright (Former Speaker of the House and TCU professor) and while I do not know if it's true, it speaks volumes about what TCU professors will do for students. Apparently a student came in to speak with Speaker Wright and during that time he received a phone call - he had his secretary take a message and continued to help the student. When the student left, he asked his secretary to get the President of the United States back on the phone - that's who had called when the student was there and he had put him on hold! Competition is very evident on campus, especially in honors classes and programs. Students are driven to succeed, learn, and make their future's brighter. Courses are academically and socially stimulating as well. Professors and all members of the campus community encourage students to get involved and become active and ethical leaders in our world. The Chancellor personally invites students from various organizations to his house for dinner and conversations as way of saying "Thank You" for their work. I can't think of another school where the Chancellor actually cares enough to know my first name - it's amazing!

The Greek system on campus, while it may seem large, is only about 40% of the student population. While fun and exciting, fraternities and sororities are not the only things to do on campus. I, like many students, am involved in a variety of organizations. During my time at TCU, I've done everything - sorority, choir, dorm leadership, Student Government Association, new student organizations, business honors program, etc. Most students at TCU have a very well-rounded and diverse "resume" of campus activities. Many students stay around campus on the weekends - there might be parties, dinners, movies, trips downtown or even a night at Billy Bob's, the world's biggest honky tonk. Weekdays are equally fun - after/before/during studying there are organizational meetings and activities. Around campus there are restaurants, bars, and other attractions that make it convenient and safe for students to "get out" without going far.

People automatically think that everyone at TCU is filthy rich, drives BMWs, and is affiliated with a Greek organization on campus. People think TCU is a party school.

TCU is just the right size to get noticed in a positive way. The environment is good because it is located so close to downtown Fort Worth yet far enough away to not feel hectic. The campus is lovely and the classes are worthwhile. The Fort Worth community is ridiculously loyal to this college and alumni love to keep involved. This is an easy campus to fit in to and TCU is always looking to improve itself to better suit its students.

There are a lot of white and close minded people on this campus. The other half of the campus however is made of tolerant, accepting and diverse people. I think it actually is pretty even between the two groups, avoiding any kind of major issue. There are issues about homosexuals not being comfortable being open on our campus and also a lot of negativity towards the football team. This is because most of the black students on campus are only there for sports and consequesntly the sports players get a lot of undeserved benefits that academic scholars do not get (i.e. paid for meal plans, picking classes befor honor students, better dorms, etc.)

There are a lot of rich people at tTCU but also a lot with scholarships. Yes the people are pretty, but unfortunately that race has caused a huge eating disorder problem.

Professors are generally very friendly and personable- like they know your name enough to greet you in the hallway 2 semesters after you took their class. In bigger survey classes be prepared to be virtually invisible, but in normal classes you will be important and involved. Different teachers teach differently, but all are very understanding if that is not how you learn- they aren't that hard to approach about problems. Students are competitive in certain classes I feel, especially business classes, but in others they are generally supportive of each other. I don't really ever spend time with teachers outside of class because I think it would be uncomfortable. I am an English major and this department is difficult for me because of the workload associated with each English class- lots of reading and writing per class then multiply that times 3 to get only part of a semester's class load. The academic requirements of the TCU Core are understandable, but not every class that should count for a specific credit does, making it very difficult to complete the core and take classes that interest you. I feel that most of the learning is simply for learning's sake.

Defiantly the most popular organizations on campus are the Greek- whether it be the 21 social sororities and fraternities, or the band/cultural/religious sororities and fraternities. Under that the only other groups you ever hear about are Student Gov and the DARFUR groups. I used to be in a social sorority but I dropped it last semester because of all the hoops you must jump through. As someone who does not party, all the rest of sorority life was not worth the hassel. Football games are crazy popular, but the rest of the sports are only mildly attended. Not that many students leave their doors open, but they do visit each other's rooms often. TCU has a number of guest speakers and lecturers, but I never go see them. Dating is big at TCU, lots of holding hands and engagements, but more casual relationships than serious ones I think. Many of the girls however want that serious proposal soon though. You meet people simply by being involved in random things and open to new friends. I met my best friend just sitting in the main one day. People party at least once a month, most once a week, and some about 4 times a week. Every Thrusday-Saturday there is definately some big party going on somewhere, but thats not my scene.

The people are beautiful and filthy rich.

Dylan

centralized campus...when on campus off feel life your in the middle of all the action. the school is full of pride, its colors are shown all through out campus. however the only negative i had this past year was the dining plan...the food itself was terrible

has an excellent business program. the campus is centralized. its awesome. the greek system is the primary form of social life. i love it

the student body is very diverse and the sga has great representatives

rigorous...certain classes are very demadning. i put in alot of work and i do feel like i learned alot

greek life is huge!! they provide many social events as well as promote a positive image through their philanthropys throughout the yar

vigourous. classes are challenging

Jody

Perfect size, good recognition from potential employers, great campus and location, amazing place

You are greek or not and that divides part of the campus.

Sigma Phi Epsilon is the worst fraternity ever and only a true loser would join it.

Partially, there is a lot of money but not nearly as much as people think but it is a very white school but they are trying hard to bring in more diversity

Depends on the major but you will get an excellent education, especially in business, pre-health, and nursing fields. good teachers who do care.

Great party scenes in the greek and it should be recommended to rush for the best social oppertunities

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.