Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

TCU is an all around great school! You have the comfort of a smaller community but, you are only 30 minutes away from Dallas. The area around TCU is quite wealthy so it makes the campus alot safer. Most of my time spent on campus is on the academic side of campus, however I do spend a good amount of time and the Main. I feel that TCU's administration adheres to the wishes of it's students while still maintaining a sense of legitimacy. Tons of school pride!!! PURPLE all the way baby! Most frequent student complaints would probably be parking, but it is usually due to laziness rather than lack of spaces.

I went to a very diverse high school so to me TCU does not seem very diverse, but I have a skewed sense of what the word diverse means. There are many different ethinicities and religious affiliations represented at TCU. It is a very accepting campus. It is a very wealthy school so if you are not able to get past designer labels and expensive cars, then TCU is not the place for you. However, everybody knows everybody. Most TCU students are from Texas and I think 1/3 of the student body is from the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Students on campus are very politically aware. Obama came to Fort Worth and I think half of TCU showed up. The most active polical affiliation on campus would definately be left wings, but rights also have a strong voice on campus.

TCU is a great school! I would encourage any potential student to come visit the campus because alot of what makes TCU is in the interactions between its students and buildings and faculty!!!

A large portion of the campus is involved in Greek life, but there are plenty of other opportunities to get involved on campus. You will meet lots of people who are involved in a variety of things that you are not!

Professors will know your name! I was in a geology class with 90 students and the professor knew all of our names. My favorite class so far has been Environmental Science and my least favorite class has definately been MicroEconomics. It depends on the student how often they study, but I do not know one person who has NEVER studied. Class participation is usually encouraged. TCU professors are usually very chill and encourage questions and comments that stimulate discussion. Most unique class I have taken was a Freshman English Seminar that dealt with Nature/Environmentalist writers. I am an International Economics major which fall under the AdRan College at TCU. An regular Economics degree from TCU is considered a BS, however and International Economics degree is considered a BA, so four semesters of a foreign language is required. TCU is all about preparing you for what you will encounter in the real world. For example, the Neely School of Business looks like a corporate office, and most of the class rooms are set up like board rooms.

Greek life is definately the most prevalent organizations on campus. I rushed but decided that sorority was not for me! I actually am a YoungLife leader at a local Fort Worth high school! Dorms are very friendly but I think that you meet most of your friends in class or in an organization you are involved in! Football and Baseball are the most well attended athletic events at TCU! If I am awake on Tuesday at 2am, then I am probably at my fellow YoungLife leaders house playing Mafia or PicturePhone! People party alot at TCU but I think that there are other opportunities to have a good time if that is not your thing! On Saturday nights, alot of people go to the Aardvark, which is a night club, but they always have awesome bands. They are pretty strict about underage drinking so for me it is just a fun place to dance and listen to great music!

Everyone participates in Greek Life It is cliquey It is a very wealthy school Lots of partying

Julie

TCU is the perfect size. The campus is beautiful and you can get just about anywhere in 10 minutes. The class sizes are just right, and many of the professors know your name and take the time to get to know you. You often see people you know just walking anywhere on campus, but its big enough to where you'll never even be anywhere near knowing everyone. The one thing I would change is parking, because there is not enough of it. I would want them to add a parking garage. When I tell people I go to TCU, most adults say "good school!" or seem impressed. Few people seem to have a negative opinion of it. The most frequent student complaints are about parking and the meal plan. There is a lot of pride on our campus... on game days, all you see is purple everywhere!

TCU has predominantly white students, but there is a good representation of many races and ethnicities. When I look around, I do see diversity. I feel like there is a place for everyone to fit in at TCU. Most students wear casual clothing to class, such as athletic shorts or jeans and T-shirts. Some girls will dress up in nice clothes and heels and some guys wear polos, but overall the style in classes is very casual. Most TCU students are from Texas, with a lot of them coming from the DFW area. However, I have plenty of friends who are from other states as far away as California or Nebraska. I also have friends who go to TCU from other countries.

I love TCU! I feel like it gives students a well-rounded education and provides a lot of options for activities and fun. It's located in a great city and is just the right size to prevent getting lost and becoming just another student. Go Frogs!

No. Although there are some students that match this description, there are a variety of students at TCU. Many of them are not rich or stuck-up at all, and there are a variety of personalities & people with different interests. There are many people who have fun in other ways besides partying.

Most of my professors know my name, and if they dont, they usually still recognize me if I see them outside of class. The education at TCU combines learning your particular major with a broad knowledge of many areas of study. Students are required to complete classes for the "core" curriculum, which enables us to take many classes in different subjects. I think it gives us a well-rounded education no matter what career we pursue. The classes are also designed to make us think, question, and analyze. Even if we dont agree with what the professor thinks necessarily, we are still learning and questioning.

I'm involved with the TCU Marching Band (Colorguard), which performs at all the football games. It was the perfect activity to meet a lot of people and have instant connections. I met three of my best friends through band. I also joined Tau Beta Sigma, the national honorary music service sorority. I love the service projects we do and the emphasis on music. We also do many of the same social activities as a social sorority. I also have such a close bond with all the girls in it.

That everyone is rich and stuck-up, or that everyone likes to party or is in a social sorority/fraternity

Danielle

I love TCU, except the tuituon is really expensive. I spend most of my time on campus or at friends places nearby. It's in a good location. Close enough to Dallas if you crave the city life, but Fort Worth is a big city with a small town feel. There's not as much school pride as I wish. Many people join sororities or fraternities. Tailgating is huge.

Not very religious for a Christian school even though BYX and HIS are big on campus. A lot of the students are greek and have money, though not all of them. Majority of campus is white. Lots of girls dress up for class, but others wear the TCU "uniform:" Uggs, Sperry's, or tennis shoes, nike shorts, sometimes over leggings, and long tshirts. Sometimes the nike shorts are skipped and it's just leggings. And pearls are often with your tshirt. Most students are very conservative and have high financial aspirations.

Unless you get stuck in a large class, which is rare, the professor should know your name. If not then you just don't go to class. My favorite class is Japanese. Many people participate in class. I have good relationships with most of my professors also. Students are competitive with their grades, but moreso with themselves. Classes are just the right size. It's sometimes hard to get the classes you want, but it usually ends up all right. Most of my classes have been beneficial towards me.

TCU football games are usually the only sporting events with a good turn out though people are working hard to change that. If I'm awake at 2 am on a Tuesday, I've probably been out partying or I'm studying. People party every night at TCU, and Thursday is considered a weekend night. Fraternities and sororities are important to some people, but not to all. There is a decent GDI population, though most who aren't greek seem to be athletes. Some fraternities are picky towards other fraternities, and same with sororities.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.