Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

Marisa

TCU is a very prestigious school. The academics are interesting yet challenging, the campus is well taken care of, and there are many resources for students to get help should they want it. The faculty obviously care about their students. One downside is that is while you get a great education, it is a very expensive one.

Nia

Great university! In my time as a horned frog I have learned a lot about what it means to be an ethical leader in an otherwise culturally incompetent society. I learned a lot about professionalism by attending academic workshops, cultural events, professional development workshops, regularly visiting the on-campus career center and just interacting with students.

Steven

I'm a freshman, it's been alright so far, I'm more of reserved person but I honestly can't wait till sophomore year because freshman year was more of getting the hang of things and building a foundation but sophomore year it's gonna be awesome, since imma room with 3 of my friends we get 4 bedrooms, 1 living room, and a full sized kitchen with our own bathroom, can't wait

Mallory

I love my school. I love almost everything about it. Although the greek life is very prevalent on campus. I am not greek so I sometimes feel out of place but still can get involved where ever I wish. Also there is a strong sense of academic pressure at the school which is sometimes very hard to live up to. But the professors I've experienced are very available and are always willing to help. All in all, this school is great for those who are serious about education.

Alina

I fell in love with TCU the moment I got there. I was originally not planning on attending a private university, but one day after an interview at another nursing school- my mom and I decided to stop on campus on our way back home. I was sold. Everything was purple, the stadium was huge, and complete strangers would stop to say hello. The nursing building stands alone, completely renovated, along with fully functioning labs and mannequins. I got accepted for the Fall semester, and I have loved being here. My professors are all very intelligent, and all I see are opportunities and resoruces for success. I am a minority here, and I am not in greek life, and on top of that- I am a transfer student. I have had a little trouble socially but everyone is kind and ready to engage for their education. This is a real college town and I could not imagine being anything but a horned frog.

Callie
love my school!

i love everything about this school--the size, the spirit, the education, the people, the facilities. could not be better!

love my school!

Danika

Especially the first two years, the community on campus can be a little cliquey. Greek life is a big deal, and it takes folks a couple years to figure out it's okay to be friends with people all over campus. Generally people aren't rude about it, but those first two years they don't go out of their way to include those outside their immediate group either. It does get better, though, and it's a time worth waiting for! Some of my closest friends came from all different extracurricular walks of life.

The opportunities! No matter what you study, opportunities to excel are incredible. I had one friend leave school for a year to work an internship with NASA, and now she's on the permanent staff there. Another traveled to South America to spend half a year doing environmental research. A third is currently reporting on the political situation while living in Washinton D.C. as an extension of a job she got through TCU. And I'm working at Walt Disney World, with a Master's program in my field lined up for this coming fall!

Factor in change. Maybe you think that college will help you grow stronger and more rooted in your current beliefs and persona, or maybe you plan for college to be your chance to make a Big Break away from the person you were before. I don't know which it will be for you; it might be both. (It will probably be both.) Regardless, when you're looking at schools, make sure to plan for change because in some way, change WILL happen. Look for schools that support a diversity of people. Look for schools that foster dialogue between different communities. Look for schools that encourage their students to interact hands-on with the world around them. Avoid schools like the plague who place too much value on group pride at the expense of cross-pollination. The worst thing you can do for yourself is to limit yourself to your 18 year-old self. Choose a school that supports who you are today, and will support who you'll be next week, next month, next year, and further on. As long as you do that, you've made a great choice.

Danika

Especially freshman year, everyone is pretty clique-y. TCU has a LOT of Greek organizations, and then all the non-Greeks bond, so everyone stays in those borders at first. People stop caring so much junior year and mix around a lot more, but the first two years can be rough.

Someone who wants to get in, get out, and just come out the other side with a degree. TCU asks students to be engaged in learning in and out of the classroom, so if you aren't prepared and ready for the personal growth that accompanies that, don't come here.

Yazi

I want you to know that having fun and studying are important to balance out, but academics are priority. Think about it like this, Yes you will have a great time going out with friends, but that happiness will only last for that night. Although it may not be the most fun, having good grades will let you be able to have some once in a lifetime experiences that will be fun and may end up giving you a happy and stress free future. So please make it a priority to get good grades because if you don't, eventually those nights out won't be as fun because you'll know that it isn't what you should be doing and it may be the last time you get to have fun like that. You need to be the mature one out of your friends because it's your future. They may be ok with occasionally slacking off but you are different and know you can't do any slacking without failing. Listen bud you can achieve what you want, just don't let the freedom over take who you want to be in the future. YOU GOT THIS.

monica

The one unique thing tat TCU, is the impact it's had on me. It's a home away from home and its helped me find out who I am and who I want to be. I transferred from another univeristy and I didn't feel challenged, I didn't feel any growth, now don't get me wrong I did have a good experience but I needed to figure out my life on my own, and TCU helped me with that. It helped me find me voice, and helped me find the path I wanted to take.

Dear High School Self, First off, that boy who broke your heart & you're crying about right now, well guess what! Soon enough a man is gonna come along in about three years & is going to make you forget all that pain. And guess what happens over those next three years, you're going to gain A LOT of weight (freshmen 15 is real), you're going to change degrees, & don't worry you made the right choice because IT'S WHAT YOU WANT, not what your parents wanted (but listen to your parents they will always be your support system so don't take it for granted), don't listen to the doubt inside your head, you're tougher then you seem, also choose wisely in your friends some of them are going to be lasting friendships and some are only temporay (make them worth it!) & don't worry about what other people think of your racial/social/economic status that isn't what determines who you are as a person that is your character. Last but not least have faith in not only yourself but in God, every day is a fresh start, don't waste it.

The worse thing about my school is the being judged based off of my econmic background. I lucked out, I made friends who didn't care but that doesn't mean I haven't met a people who do. Alot care about what you're wearing if it's Tory Burch or Lulumelon, or that you vacation all over the world all the time. Some people have that luxury and I never hold it against them, but some hold it against me as if I'm not good enough by the clothes I wear or how much my parents make.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.