Fort Worth, TX
Texas Christian University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Christian University

ERIC

I would definitely​ recommend this school.

I would definitely​ recommend this school.

Caitlin

I attended TCU for a year before transferring to DU, and... TCU is a really excellent school, academically. I had a few professors who were not so great, but, in general, the professors there are amazing. They are really exceptional. The classes are somewhat rigorous, but it's nothing too intense. If definitely learned a lot in all of my classes, and the class sizes were nice and small for the most part. The campus is beautiful, and everything is well-maintained. There are lots of great resources available. There is also a solid selection of restaurants/stores/etc within walking distance. The residence halls are fairly close to the academic buildings as well, which is convenient. In general, people there were super nice. People will always say "hi" to you, open doors for you, etc, and are just very outgoing and friendly overall. The only major downside, however, is that TCU is pretty much the least diverse environment I have ever been in. Almost everyone is very white, very rich, and from the south. You'll occasionally hear people talking about a "TCU bubble" in reference to the fact that most TCU students have never been exposed to poverty/people who are different from them/etc, and that is true of a lot of people who go there. Like I said, people are very nice and polite there, but if you aren't rich, aren't white, aren't straight, aren't from the south, and/or don't dress and act a certain way, you might feel a little out of place. To other side of that coin is that, in my experience, TCU students are usually very accepting and open-minded, which is awesome. Also, Greek life is huge at TCU. It can be hard to make friends and find social events/parties to go to if you don't join a fraternity or sorority. If you are into Greek life and want to get involved, TCU is a great choice. If you don't want to participate, you may feel alienated.

Isabel

Texas Christian University is the place to be when it comes to academics, football, and community. The intelligence of the professors are what makes each of the students great and strive for bigger and better things. Along with great professors, the campus is designed so beautifully in purple and decorated with horned frogs at just about every corner. New flowers are always in bloom, grass is always freshly cut, and the fountain is always spraying water to give this campus its amazing environment. The students that attend this university have just about everything any college can offer. The dining halls are exceptional for meals, the library offers many great services other than books, there are many organizations and student led events that also make it fun to come here.

Marisa

TCU is a very prestigious school. The academics are interesting yet challenging, the campus is well taken care of, and there are many resources for students to get help should they want it. The faculty obviously care about their students. One downside is that is while you get a great education, it is a very expensive one.

Nia

Great university! In my time as a horned frog I have learned a lot about what it means to be an ethical leader in an otherwise culturally incompetent society. I learned a lot about professionalism by attending academic workshops, cultural events, professional development workshops, regularly visiting the on-campus career center and just interacting with students.

Steven

I'm a freshman, it's been alright so far, I'm more of reserved person but I honestly can't wait till sophomore year because freshman year was more of getting the hang of things and building a foundation but sophomore year it's gonna be awesome, since imma room with 3 of my friends we get 4 bedrooms, 1 living room, and a full sized kitchen with our own bathroom, can't wait

Mallory

I love my school. I love almost everything about it. Although the greek life is very prevalent on campus. I am not greek so I sometimes feel out of place but still can get involved where ever I wish. Also there is a strong sense of academic pressure at the school which is sometimes very hard to live up to. But the professors I've experienced are very available and are always willing to help. All in all, this school is great for those who are serious about education.

Alina

I fell in love with TCU the moment I got there. I was originally not planning on attending a private university, but one day after an interview at another nursing school- my mom and I decided to stop on campus on our way back home. I was sold. Everything was purple, the stadium was huge, and complete strangers would stop to say hello. The nursing building stands alone, completely renovated, along with fully functioning labs and mannequins. I got accepted for the Fall semester, and I have loved being here. My professors are all very intelligent, and all I see are opportunities and resoruces for success. I am a minority here, and I am not in greek life, and on top of that- I am a transfer student. I have had a little trouble socially but everyone is kind and ready to engage for their education. This is a real college town and I could not imagine being anything but a horned frog.

Callie
love my school!

i love everything about this school--the size, the spirit, the education, the people, the facilities. could not be better!

love my school!

Danika

Especially the first two years, the community on campus can be a little cliquey. Greek life is a big deal, and it takes folks a couple years to figure out it's okay to be friends with people all over campus. Generally people aren't rude about it, but those first two years they don't go out of their way to include those outside their immediate group either. It does get better, though, and it's a time worth waiting for! Some of my closest friends came from all different extracurricular walks of life.

The opportunities! No matter what you study, opportunities to excel are incredible. I had one friend leave school for a year to work an internship with NASA, and now she's on the permanent staff there. Another traveled to South America to spend half a year doing environmental research. A third is currently reporting on the political situation while living in Washinton D.C. as an extension of a job she got through TCU. And I'm working at Walt Disney World, with a Master's program in my field lined up for this coming fall!

Factor in change. Maybe you think that college will help you grow stronger and more rooted in your current beliefs and persona, or maybe you plan for college to be your chance to make a Big Break away from the person you were before. I don't know which it will be for you; it might be both. (It will probably be both.) Regardless, when you're looking at schools, make sure to plan for change because in some way, change WILL happen. Look for schools that support a diversity of people. Look for schools that foster dialogue between different communities. Look for schools that encourage their students to interact hands-on with the world around them. Avoid schools like the plague who place too much value on group pride at the expense of cross-pollination. The worst thing you can do for yourself is to limit yourself to your 18 year-old self. Choose a school that supports who you are today, and will support who you'll be next week, next month, next year, and further on. As long as you do that, you've made a great choice.

Texas Christian University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.