Texas Christian University

« See more reviews of Texas Christian University

I love TCU. I would get rid of fratty steriotype if I could and i would encourage more of the small town crowd to come to the school becaues they would love Fort Worth. The city is awesom, its as diverse as i have ever seen. There is the Stock Yards, The uptown living with a awesom downtown. There is open pastures, lakes, wildlife, and tons more around. And you dont even have to go to Dallas to do any of it!

if youre looking for a small school that is absolutely beautiful, TCU is perfect. Students are smart and driven towards success. Perfect balance of social and academic. Coming from out of state it was easy to make it home, especially joining a sorority. Being a part of a sorority at TCU has made my experience what it is. i recommend for all incoming freshmen to join a fraternity or sorority

The small school size, it is not a big school but there is enough people so there is diversity with the feel of a smalll school. The professors care about the students and it is a one on one learning experience. There are tons of ways to get involved on cammpus and become a better leader through the leadership program. It is a christian school so the religious presecene is nice as well.

We are a small community tied very closely together by support for our school and love for Texas. We are also the only school with the mascot "The Horned Frog" and that gives us a unique bond as well. Our school is large enough to be very successful, but small enough to make everyone feel right at home. TCU has lots of money to spend, but seems to spend it in the right places.

Sometimes I feel uncomfortable around campus because I'm not a skinny, cookie cutter, sorority girl like most of the girls on campus. It does get overwhelming with so many girls in one place and so many of them are very judgmental. I've learned to look to my close friends when I feel insecure, but even then you need to have a strong sense of self so you don't get pulled in.

I think TCU is unique in that it has a small campus feeling but it's located in the middle of a major Texas city. So it offers the best of both worlds.... you don't feel overwhelmed like you might at a UCLA or UT by a school that just feels gigantic. But on the other hand, you're not stuck on a really small town campus where there might not be much else to do.

TCU has small classroom sizes so it is extremley personal. Additionally, it's business school has been ranked by the Wall Street Journal as the best business school in the state of Texas, and something like number 19 in the top 50 nationally. The fraternity and sorority life here on campus is a blast as well.

TCU is small enough that you know most of the people on campus. The professors have small classes so they really get to know their students personally and tend to work with them when it comes to grades on assignments and tests. The school spirit is also very high, everyone is proud to say that they attend TCU.

All in all I would have to say that if you are having any doubts come check out campus for a day. Attend a class, talk to some students. I don't think you can do those things without realizing what a wonderful institution TCU is. I have loved it since my first day and am proud to say I go there.

TCU really engages their students. It fosters a community that continually grows. TCU offers many programs and events on a weekly basis that are fun and provide a break from studies. It also has this great sense of school pride as evidenced by their facilities, staff, and even cafeteria workers.