Texas Christian University

« See more reviews of Texas Christian University

TCU has a very "diverse" campus in that it is home to many unique individuals - students are involved in everything from Greek organizations to academic programs to honor societies to athletics. Our students come from all walks of life and represent various socioeconomic classes, ethnicities, religions, and beliefs. Some students might drive a BMW, others might prefer to commute by city bus or bicycle. Not every student is filthy rich - the University provides excellent opportunities for scholarships, grants, and loans. Everyone has their own hobbies and areas of interest during their free time. It would be a lie to say no one parties at TCU, but it is not a "party school." Some people might throw a party, others might go out for dinner and a movie...there is something for everyone!

Some are; a lot of students are part of the Greek System. There are a lot of seriously genuine people in sororities and fraternities, and you can't base who a person is off of what club they belong to. People do work hard, they just also play hard. They know that college is hard work but after the work is done they know how to just kick back and enjoy being in college. I have grown a lot being at TCU, and I've found some amazing friends who are hard workers but at the end of the day know what's important in life.

Yes, the average TCU student is fairly affluent, white, and most likely involved in the Greek system. Yes, a lot of TCU students party - but mostly only the large proportion that are Greek. If you aren't in a fraternity or sorority or close friends with someone who is, you won't even know when and where the parties are, let alone what stupid slutty costume to wear. So, yes. The stereotype of TCU students is probably absolutely accurate.

Not everyone at TCU is "rich"; however, TCU has a large population of students who's parents have a lot of money and are able to sent their children here without the help of a scholarship. It is true that a large population of TCU students are part of the Greek system. If you do not have a nitch ie Greek life or athletics, it is easy to hate TCU. Everyone pretty much dresses the same at TCU. The girls all carry Jon Hart and Vera Bradley.

most are true but you have a whole handful of different types of people. although, no the school is not well balanced. i have found that there are more wealthy families that the students come from than average families, many freshman and sophomore students "shack", and they basically need to emit christian from the school's name!

For about 60% of the campus yes. There are a lot of greeks who are stuck up rich kids and they know it and they flaunt it. For the rest of us, we are hard working people who came from hard working red blooded american families. We appreciate the chance to further our lives and become something that we could not have otherwise.

No. Although there are some students that match this description, there are a variety of students at TCU. Many of them are not rich or stuck-up at all, and there are a variety of personalities & people with different interests. There are many people who have fun in other ways besides partying.

No! There is a strong Greek presence and many people are filthy rich, but that does not even come close to describing everyone at the school. You have to get to know people here to see that we are so much more than that.

A large portion of the campus is involved in Greek life, but there are plenty of other opportunities to get involved on campus. You will meet lots of people who are involved in a variety of things that you are not!

Not at all! Though this stereotype exists at TCU it is not the majority by any stretch. As a matter of fact I have met some of the most independent, friendly, unique and intelligent students during my time at TCU.