Texas Christian University

« See more reviews of Texas Christian University

Especially the first two years, the community on campus can be a little cliquey. Greek life is a big deal, and it takes folks a couple years to figure out it's okay to be friends with people all over campus. Generally people aren't rude about it, but those first two years they don't go out of their way to include those outside their immediate group either. It does get better, though, and it's a time worth waiting for! Some of my closest friends came from all different extracurricular walks of life.

The worse thing about my school is the being judged based off of my econmic background. I lucked out, I made friends who didn't care but that doesn't mean I haven't met a people who do. Alot care about what you're wearing if it's Tory Burch or Lulumelon, or that you vacation all over the world all the time. Some people have that luxury and I never hold it against them, but some hold it against me as if I'm not good enough by the clothes I wear or how much my parents make.

Two things I consider to be bad about this university is the price of tuition (and it being raised). My family can't afford it and I may have to withdraw from the only the school that made me embrace who I really am and grow into myself. The other bad thing about this univeristy is the lack of diversity. There are many international students, but I mainly only see people of my race out and about. I would love to meet more people with diverse backgrounds.

THe best thing about TCU is the student body. There are so many activities that you can get involved in where you meet a lot of different, new people. It is an amazing experience. Everywhere you go on campus, you are bound to pass some one that you know very well, and someone that you are close with. Because of this close knit university, I would recommend TCU to any prospective student.

If there is anything that is even slightly bad here at TCU, that would be the Greek Life. The statistics that show who is in Greek Life and who is not show that the majority are. As a girl it's not that big of a deal, we make friends with all kinds of other girls whether they're in a soroity or not. But for guys, if you're not in a fraternity it can be a little difficult to get involved.

We have very little diversity. Wealthy white caucasions dominate the student population, and the Greek system is very strong. There is little tolerance for those who dress differently or are of a different race. There is no violence towards the people who are "different", but it is obvious that they are excluded in certain social groups.

I am lucky eneough to be able to go to my top school. However, my school does have few faults. One of the worst is our meal plan. If a student chooses to live on campus, they are required to purchase a meal plan, which can be pretty pricey. Also, we have to sit down and eat, meaning that we cannot take any food out of the building.

The worst part about TCU is that it can't keep up with the growth of the student body. Parking is a problem, as is getting to live on campus at the beginning of each semester. They have also implemented a new meal plan that I feel has many problems with it, but they are looking at ways to fix it.

The worst thing about my school would be the price. TCU is a private university and therefore is very costly, making it difficult for many to be able to attend. They do balance the cost out by offering many financial-need based and academic-based scholarships which have allowed me to attend.

Especially freshman year, everyone is pretty clique-y. TCU has a LOT of Greek organizations, and then all the non-Greeks bond, so everyone stays in those borders at first. People stop caring so much junior year and mix around a lot more, but the first two years can be rough.