Texas Christian University

« See more reviews of Texas Christian University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Everyone is rich and goes Greek. The girls are blonde, rich, and bitchy. The guys are cocky, insensitive, and "fratty". If you aren't in the Greek system you will not have many friends, or have the opportunity to go to parties. TCU is not a diverse campus. Girls wear Nike running shorts, oversized t-shirts, boat shoes aka the shaker look. The guys wear Polo everything and pastel colored shorts, with croakies and loafers. Guys and girls t-shirts include "frockettes". Designer everything is everywhere. Jon Hart and Vera Bradley are a must have when you are a girl at TCU.

...and it's true. The stereotypical TCU student is a wealthy white girl with a newer or brand-new mid-range or luxury car that she can't drive or park well. She will have a credit card that Daddy pays for, and she won't have any concept of limited spending. She will also carry an iPhone in some kind of silicone case. She will probably be wearing an oversize sorority/fraternity shirt and athletic shorts, and will probably carry a Jon Hart or North Face bag. She probably drinks like a fish, and may or may not have an actual working brain.

You either love TCU or you don't. Everyone is Greek, and all greeks are snobs. People don't work hard to earn their education, they just coast through life. "TCU: where the girls are girls and the guys are too"

People automatically think that everyone at TCU is filthy rich, drives BMWs, and is affiliated with a Greek organization on campus. People think TCU is a party school.

rich, stuck up, everyone dresses the same, all about brand names, conservative, racist, upper class, non-mainstream ideas not accepted

That they are all stuck up rich people with Daddys money. They are all snooty and look down at people that are lesser then them.

I think alot of people assume they are going to run into a large crowd of pampered, unappreciative, right winged kids at TCU.

Rich White Kids. Very hot girls (true). Everyone is snobby (not true, but there are plenty of spoiled kids).

That everyone is rich and stuck-up, or that everyone likes to party or is in a social sorority/fraternity

Everyone participates in Greek Life It is cliquey It is a very wealthy school Lots of partying