Texas Christian University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Christian University

Jaime

TCU's focus is on students on campus. This is not an adult learner-friendly campus. All the places you need to go for parking passes, books, and school ID are only open for limited hours during the day. The campus book pick-up claims later hours. However, they have been closed at all my attempts. This is the same for the place to get IDs. Speaking of IDs, everyone tells you to go to the Blue to get one. It took me an entire semester to how someone (including professors) informed us the "blue" is the Brown- Lipton Building. Let us move to the lack of parking spaces for commuters. If you are a commuter, good luck with finding a spot you are allowed to park. I missed my first class due to trying to find the allowed parking spots on the map provided by the police station. My Sunday pre-drive trip still found me lost. The map is not up to date with building names or parking locations. For example, your class can say the Bailey Building which is really called the Palko Buiding according to the sign on the building. There is a lot of traffic and easy to get into an accident. Be ready for the FA package to change without advanced notice. The office is nice but is not helpful with payments unless you are wealthy. TCU is attempting to create equity but is still hand-picking according to dollars in the wallet. Thus, FA assumes everyone has money to spend on their tuition. Good news, if you are an alumnus or a legacy of TCU the tuition discount is 75% off, then a grant from the school and you are in for a free TCU education. Next, if you are an employee or an immediate family member (spouse or child) of an employee, tuition is 100% paid by the university (they will charge you the tuition tax). Academics, TCU is a research institution that pushes its students to create publishable work. If you do not want to perform heavy writing and be pushed to have papers published for TCU, this is not the university for you. The professors will expect you to give them all of your time. There will not be any free time for family or personal life. The average doctorate degree is $150,000 in reality after we (students in my class) did our calculations.

Gabriella

An excellent school in a rapidly growing city with a hometown feel. When I toured TCU as a prospective student, I knew I wanted to attend school here. Not only was I attracted to the highly reviewed academics but also the Ft. Worth area... oh and the campus isn't bad either!

Harrison

If you want be at a school and your an introvert, with an overpopulated takes anyone who applies. Want to be in Greek life because that’s literally the life here, with the most southern racist kind of people I know including the professors, go here. If your looking for southern nice go elsewhere too many Californians.

staryski

This school will help me become the best that i can be as a person in general so, later on in life i can teach others about what i learned but, most importantly i can change the world. TCU is a really great school to me. It is an exciting place to go. It is a cozy college with a prestigious feel. But hopefully the professors are awesome!

Cassidy

The campus and people are beautiful. Despite being 1,000 miles from home, I find myself calling TCU home very often. We could use a few more food options, but on and off campus dining is good. I have a degree I’m passionate about and people behind me to help. The only issue is how expensive our university is overall.

Emma

I do enjoy TCU very much, although considering the pandemic going around life isn't the same anywhere. TCU has done a great job making everyone feel together in these tough times, I spend a lot of time in my dorm most days. There are many events throughout the day and night to keep students involved. I am a freshman this year and I'm not so sure how college really looks since the start of the year went very weird but I know I'm attending an amazing school. I will say though there isn't much diversity and at times I do feel alone being part of the minorities and the color of my skin. Overall, there are many kind people to talk to and lots to do around campus. I do wish that the college promoted more faith in God since it is a Christian University, I have been attending the college church and there aren't many members. When speaking to the pastor he said it's because the school doesn't promote the church and doesn't like the church being involved in activities. They told me how they weren't even allowed to pass out water bottles close to the school on move in day. I do find something the school does to be unsettling and even some people but my experience is still a great one. I do hope for these few issues I have come across to be fixed or noticed and changed. We need to build a strong community where no one is left out!

Katelyn

Overall, TCU is a great school. You can always find something to do both on campus and off. The social climate is great. There are always people you may run into and immediately start a conversation with. I am an undergrad in the science & engineering department. I can honestly say that my professors are always available during office hours when I need additional assistance with an assignment. Lastly, when it comes to football, just be ready for Big 12 season. We don't play!

Ayodola

It's a good school. There are many things that go on there and it should be easy to find your clan/group if you try. Academics are important and there are many helpful resources around. There could be a little more diversity, but there is a calm and comfortable setting on campus.

Brenda

I love it! The school spirit is contagious and you fall in love with everything about the school very easily. Professors are available and care about your success. It's a hard earn degree what will get you places. Further, the administration cares about all of their students. As a minority student, I've seen the Chancellor actively listen and make changes that will benefit the students who are minorities.

Whitney

The intimate and welcoming environment of campus is something I really enjoy, and I love how everyone is friendly and the goals of the school are reflected in others. Although I wish it was more diverse, overall the university is an active campus I'm very happy to call home.

Halima

I love TCU! GO FROGS! I am glad I have the opportunity to go to such a great school with amazing classmates and staff. There is events every week, you will never be bored. One of the greatest universities ever. There is a wide selection of food choices many on restaurants on campus and near by.

KayLa

TCU seems like a great school on the outside. If you're a sports player, you get the royal treatment. You're signed up for the easiest classes and even if you're supposed to fail, the teachers will pass you. I have a disability, and TCU teachers, staff, and even the Chancellor were extremely rude, unhelpful, and unkind to me. They actually kicked me out in August due to not always taking a full 12 hours because my disability is extremely debilitating. My service dog and I were constantly glared at because you can't physically tell I have a disability. Overall, I would say that TCU is not a good school by any means, and I hope this review prevents someone in the future from having their heart broken.

Isabel

Texas Christian University is the place to be when it comes to academics, football, and community. The intelligence of the professors are what makes each of the students great and strive for bigger and better things. Along with great professors, the campus is designed so beautifully in purple and decorated with horned frogs at just about every corner. New flowers are always in bloom, grass is always freshly cut, and the fountain is always spraying water to give this campus its amazing environment. The students that attend this university have just about everything any college can offer. The dining halls are exceptional for meals, the library offers many great services other than books, there are many organizations and student led events that also make it fun to come here.

Marisa

TCU is a very prestigious school. The academics are interesting yet challenging, the campus is well taken care of, and there are many resources for students to get help should they want it. The faculty obviously care about their students. One downside is that is while you get a great education, it is a very expensive one.

Lucy

There's every type of student at this university: partiers, Greek life kids, band nerds, athletes, religious students, and more. The most amazing part is that within a single group, a sorority for example, you'll get a strong mix of every type of student. TCU embraces this diversity on all levels which is fantastic for helping students to expand their extracurriculars but they struggle to embrace diversity of race. They're working to help increase diversity in all majors and departments and students are actively talking about it on campus, taking initiative to fix the problems they see.

Paniyn

It is a school that is worth the money. Professors work hard to make sure students are learning the skills they will need when they graduate and practicing those skills. It is a challenging curriculum, but after each semester, it feels like a success.

Edaise

There are some kind people here however the hook up and party culture is what people live for. It is very clique-ish and no one is that intelectually motivated. Most people are either super Christian or fall on the other end of the spectrum, there is really no in between.

Alina

I fell in love with TCU the moment I got there. I was originally not planning on attending a private university, but one day after an interview at another nursing school- my mom and I decided to stop on campus on our way back home. I was sold. Everything was purple, the stadium was huge, and complete strangers would stop to say hello. The nursing building stands alone, completely renovated, along with fully functioning labs and mannequins. I got accepted for the Fall semester, and I have loved being here. My professors are all very intelligent, and all I see are opportunities and resoruces for success. I am a minority here, and I am not in greek life, and on top of that- I am a transfer student. I have had a little trouble socially but everyone is kind and ready to engage for their education. This is a real college town and I could not imagine being anything but a horned frog.

Callie

i love everything about this school--the size, the spirit, the education, the people, the facilities. could not be better!

Hailey

Overall, I have extremely joined my time here at TCU. It's a wonderful school to expand your horizons, and the professors here are highly educated and helpful. Though this campus has a heavy Greek-Life identity, I do not participate in Greek-Life and am completely happy with my choice. There are hundreds of different ways to be involved on-campus, so there is always something to do. They are very generous with financial aid as well, which is why I came here. I am also in the Honors College, and I enjoy the heavy notion that the Honors College pushes to explore different subjects, tackle issues on campus, and discover new cultures. If you're looking for a campus that places its #1 priority on students, then this is the place for you.

Cait

TCU is a unique school as it gives off that big school feel while still being small and welcoming. You can easily run into people around campus, but you aren't seeing the same people every day. I love TCU because it has been the perfect transition from high school to college. I left New Jersey to come to TCU, so being so hard from home can be really hard sometimes, but my roommate, sorority, and campus staff have made me feel like I am exactly where I am meant to be. There are so many different ways to get involved on campus, and people are genuinely interested in the things they are doing both inside and outside of the classroom. I never thought somewhere that wasn't home with my family could feel so much like a home. Every time I leave campus all I can think about is when I will be back in the place that I have come to love. Being only the 3rd person from my high school to ever come to TCU, I hope my experience here will encourage other kids from home to think about TCU, and if not TCU at least open their eyes to the possibility of venturing away from home. I may be bias, but I think TCU is the best school there is.

Sophia

I have had the best time since I came to TCU. I knew there would be school spirit, but I didn't realize how much people loved TCU but now I understand why. People bleed purple and there is always fun activities going on. There are plenty of fun sports games, concerts, and speakers that come to TCU so one will never be bored. I am glad I became a horned frog and I have not looked back!

Sara

I love TCU and can't wait to start in the fall! Whenever I tell someone that I am going to TCU if they have seen the campus the first thing they say is how beautiful it is. All the dorms are recently renovated and are absolutely beautiful. My sister went to TCU and said there is always something going on.

Erin

From the moment that I stepped onto TCU’s campus, it felt like home. I love how accepting all of the students are and how much of a community and family that is formed amongst my peers. Even being the minority, I do not feel out of place because everyone takes you in as their own. The academics are superb, and I can always count on my professors to help me when I am confused about a specific topic. The teachers at TCU make it their priority to get to know the student beyond the classroom by interacting and engaging in conversation that stems from personal interest. Lastly, TCU is just an extremely fun place to be with lots of great opportunities to make friends and enjoy oneself outside of class. My favorite part is being able to gather with friends for parties and sports events and to just enjoy spending time with others. Overall, TCU is the best school, and I couldn’t imagine spending the next 4 years of my life anywhere else.

Lexi

Texas Christian University is a wonderful place to learn, live, and thrive! The facilities and professors are top of the line and the campus really cares about your experience and education. Best university ever by far!

Jordyn

Since my freshmen year, I have been in love with Texas Christian University just by seeing it online. I was nervous that once I visited the campus, I would no longer want to go there anymore. But it was actually the complete opposite. I fell in love with the campus and the community around it. This is why I am applying to all these scholarships because I want to go to Texas Christian University so bad.

Alyssa

I have found my home at TCU, it is not just the academics and the campus but the people that attend the school or are involved are truly amazing. I think that the only change could be some more variety to the food options on campus, but that is such a little thing in the scheme of everything that is TCU. This school has been perfect fit for me in every aspect.

koby

TCU is a very lively and exciting school for the average student.Also, there is always campus activities and functions to attend.Then again, TCU is very important into helping students grow into their career.Finally, TCU provides a college experiance no one would want to miss out of a four year university.

Hugo

The school is not very racially diverse. A lot of the students are upper-middle class/lower upper class and can be really snobby. I've had professors that don't really like to meet at all outside of class which makes them inaccessible. The college is great, don't get me wrong. It's widely recognized throughout North Texas and has a good reputation. There are a few things that I would like to change though.

Angel

I am in complete love with this school and everything about it. Every single person on campus is so nice and welcoming and there is just a great atmosphere whether that be in the classroom, anywhere on campus, or sporting events. Also- one more thing- Go Frogs!

Frenzelle

Texas Christian University is a school that you can feel home too. It is an extremely safe campus to be on and the campus in general is beyond beautiful. I love that students can get into their own games and events for free by just swiping your ID card. There are so many opportunities and goals on that campus that I can't wait to achieve!

Caitlin

I attended TCU for a year before transferring to DU, and... TCU is a really excellent school, academically. I had a few professors who were not so great, but, in general, the professors there are amazing. They are really exceptional. The classes are somewhat rigorous, but it's nothing too intense. If definitely learned a lot in all of my classes, and the class sizes were nice and small for the most part. The campus is beautiful, and everything is well-maintained. There are lots of great resources available. There is also a solid selection of restaurants/stores/etc within walking distance. The residence halls are fairly close to the academic buildings as well, which is convenient. In general, people there were super nice. People will always say "hi" to you, open doors for you, etc, and are just very outgoing and friendly overall. The only major downside, however, is that TCU is pretty much the least diverse environment I have ever been in. Almost everyone is very white, very rich, and from the south. You'll occasionally hear people talking about a "TCU bubble" in reference to the fact that most TCU students have never been exposed to poverty/people who are different from them/etc, and that is true of a lot of people who go there. Like I said, people are very nice and polite there, but if you aren't rich, aren't white, aren't straight, aren't from the south, and/or don't dress and act a certain way, you might feel a little out of place. To other side of that coin is that, in my experience, TCU students are usually very accepting and open-minded, which is awesome. Also, Greek life is huge at TCU. It can be hard to make friends and find social events/parties to go to if you don't join a fraternity or sorority. If you are into Greek life and want to get involved, TCU is a great choice. If you don't want to participate, you may feel alienated.

Clare

It’s a great school with awesome class sizes and a great community. I always felt welcome and at home there. I also think they have a strong alumni network, which is very important after graduating. It helps me feel connected to the school. While there’s a party scene, the academic side is also challenging and people on campus are here to do well. There is a definitely a work hard, play hard atmosphere, which I think helps it feel like home, but also challenged students to do their best.

I absolutely love Texas Christian University. I can't imagine going to another campus.

Soe

Texas Christian University in one of the most well developed school that offer it student supports and the ability to enhance their skill. They offer program that not only for their student but for high school student as well. They have an upward bound program that help minorities to set them to the best example they can be. They also help the student be ready for college providing them with college careers and occupation. So overall they are not just good for the student but also very wise in their investment and friendly to their neighbors

Enrique Arredondo

From the moment I stood on this campus in the fourth grade, I knew something was special here. The atmosphere was absolutely electric with the most hospitable students and workers going out of their way to help you. After almost completing a full year here at Texas Christian University, I am proud to say I made the right choice. Despite not receiving federal aid nor scholarships, I loved the school that much to the point that I decided to attend it. I am completing this application because I love Texas Christian University and I hope to complete four years here; this scholarship will help immensely and allow me to focus academically in bettering myself along with my school. Go Frogs!

Mallory

I love my school. I love almost everything about it. Although the greek life is very prevalent on campus. I am not greek so I sometimes feel out of place but still can get involved where ever I wish. Also there is a strong sense of academic pressure at the school which is sometimes very hard to live up to. But the professors I've experienced are very available and are always willing to help. All in all, this school is great for those who are serious about education.

Katherine

I remember visiting TCU when I was little with my sister. The atmosphere is really nice and it has great people who care about their education. The food is good and there's a lot of merchandises that represents TCU. Their extra-curricular activities participate in a lot of volunteer and community service work.

Monica

Currently I am an admitted student and I have visited the campus on several occasion. I love the campus its keep up and the staff is available. I have not lived inside the dorm room but I have seem them and they are nice. I like that TCU updates the dorms on a regular basis. I dont like that it is not easy to get in touch with people in department such as Financial aide. There some other hard to get in touch with important people such as the admission counselors.

Darryl

The campus scenery very beautiful. With plenty of campus involvement, and a rowdy student body sports have become the basis of popularity. Though its not the only thing recognizable. The campus facilities are quality and the architecture has no comparison. Overall TCU is a great college choice.

Serena

Walking on campus, I was welcomed not only by the faculty but also by the students. Everyone is enthusiastic, spirited, and welcoming. They are a tight-knit community. Not only do they value their sports and academics but also how they present themselves to the public community. They are proud and committed. I hope to join them on campus soon!

anon

I absolutely hate this school and what it stands for. I have had horrible experiences with Campus Life and Title IX. They advertise they care about your health and well-being, but all they want is your money. The food is absolutely horrible. If you aren’t white, prepare to be ostracized.

Brooke

TCU is a dream! The campus was stunning and the students were all so nice. They offer amazing classes taught by top notch professors. Not to mention TCU is located in the awesome city of Fort worth. TCU is the place to be for Southern culture and an unbeatable education. Go Frogs!

I am currently a freshman at TCU so I have only been on campus for about a semester. However in my little time here I feel as though I have truly grown as a person. TCU has given many many opportunities to make close friendships and get involved. I have joined a sorority which has truly allowed me to step out of my comfort zone and do things that I never thought I would. Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here at TCU and I am so excited to see where life takes me on my journey here.

Truth

WARNING: MKULTRA AND SAUL SELLS! "Dear Campus Life, if Karen Morgan is still there, and Linda Wolszon at the Counseling Center, Saul Sells, a prominent social psychologist at TCU, did a "bioelectric signal" experiment for project 119 of MKUltra. As seen here: https://mccoyote.wordpress.com/sub119/ In September of 2014, Amanda Swartz, your Psy.D, decided to project "electrical signals to your brain" which I never said, which I said during that meeting and was laughed at. I had mentioned people warning me about other people, domestic things, and an electrical outage in my apartment, not "electrical signals" and I had never heard of it before. Or really thought about it. I had no idea about MKUltra, Saul Sells, or "targeted individuals." Afterwards, forced off campus and into Mesa, despite my GPA, recommendation letters, attempts from (Name), and me sending an email that weekend of "sorry, nevermind," I eventually had to withdraw, and should have the first week. But that isn't the worst of it. Just 2 1/2 months after TCU's actions and Swartz's projection, I had physical issues in 3 states while traveling January 2015 for almost 2 weeks. I had blood that felt like acid, burning, feelings of blood clots going up and down my limbs, breathing issues like chemicial asthma, hypersensitivity to light, hypersensitivity to air or barometric pressure, and in 3 indoor (not outdoor) locations, my feet and part of my legs swelled up. I had no "mental health" history before TCU's actions. I've also had issues with static electricity, my devices, and more. Also, I've been tortured in every emergency room or psych ward that I've been in since. In Washington state, I wasn't believed about poisoning. I mentioned TCU, and immediate restraints as well as past AFTER Mesa. Also, the "saline" solution reacted with my blood and made it feel like acid, burning, all over my blood. Because of projecting "psychosis" and these so-called "electrical signals" you totally and completely set me up for more MKUltra like experimentation. I've had more "targeted individual" like things, as well as incorrect ideas due to survival instinct on overdrive. Just yesterday, my Iphone was vibrating. You should check into Everyday Psych Victims Project, which I created against "mental hygiene." The point is, before you PROJECT more of these "electrical signals" and send students to psych wards, for your experimentation, you should think, how this will destroy their life, literally. Sincerely, (Name)

Marielis

Texas Christian University is a school opened for anyone that is willing to put everything out there, while most of the people you will meet here are friendly adding to the staff. Is very welcoming and challenging, therefore I really recommend this school to any one that wants to pursue a career.

Philip

School has good academics and sports teams. Small class sizes and small/medium student body. Nice size if you don't enjoy the thought of having 10,000 students in your graduating class. The campus not large but has the essentials: on campus housing, Greek housing, amazing baseball field, new basketball coliseum, and nice football stadium.

Anhelica

It is great school and they have many opportunities and they have a great program for almost all majors. TCU is a respected college and they are located in a respectable community and have access to many stores and jobs while commuting to and from the college.

stacy

I love TCU it is my first choice and I can't wait to be a horned frog

Meighan

TCU is an amazing school with amazing opportunities no matter what you're interested in. Getting involved on campus is easy; Greek life, sporting events, and frequent on-campus events make going to TCU feel like summer camp. There's a great night-life scene, and you'll run into the same people in the library as you will at the bars.