Texas Lutheran University Top Questions

Alexis

There are not many negatives to a small school like TLU, but one of the main problems is the housing at TLU. As a freshman, you get to stay in Centennial, one of TLU's nicer dorms. After that however, many students move off campus and try to find apartments because the dorms and apartments on campus aren't very nice. If we had nicer, and cheaper, housing I believe more students would choose to stay living on campus, and create a closer community of students and a higher involvment around campus.

Nicholas

Size and cost. Because it is a private school and the location of the school. Texas Lutheran University, although a very great school is pricey and I had always wanted that big college feel growing up. My student loans when leaving are going to be quite high.

It is in such a small town there is not much to do so you have to drive to neighboring cities to do anything.

Eva

Limited academic resources expecially in the library. There is not much to do in the city. However, it is surrounded by major cities not far away where you can find plenty to do.

Winter

The worst thing about my school is the lack of funding for the theatre arts. We are woefully underfunded for the ammount of work and ingenuety put into our craft. Our AV program is also suffering from lack of funds, otherwise, we could do so much more than what we have accomplished.

Miranda

The worst thing I consider about my school is that there is only limited amount of equipment to use in the gym and we have few resources.

Delas

The worst thing about my school is the old style living quarters, however if you get a roommate that is to your likings then your on-campus stay will not be bad one. As of 2011 there will be newer and better freshman dorms. They will be destroying the old freshman dorms after completion of the new freshman dorms and rebuilding more where the old ones once was.

Marissa

Being a biology major I found the labs and equipment to be below par and in desperate need of repair. Calcium leaked from the ceilings and left deposits on the lab tables. Most, if not all the equipment was old and needed to be replaced because so many did not work or were lab harzards.

Morgan

There really isn't any "worst" thing about my school. I like a lot of things about it.

Mary

The worst thing about our school is housing. The dorms are not all that great, and the apartments are worse. There were mice everywhere for a while and bugs get into the cracks in the wall. Everything is out-dated and kind of dingy. And on top of that, it's way overpriced for what you get...or don't get really.

Jamie

The worst thing about my school is the dorm rooms. The dorms do not properly accomodate anyone and they are falling apart.

Leann

TLU was one of the best decisions I've made as a young adult, but there are still a few drawbacks. Fourtnately, the drawbacks here have nothing to do with the education, but a few issues students have is that we are not as enviornmentaly friendly as other universities. Our recycling containers can only be found near our student center, which is all the way across the campus for most dorm and apartment buildings. Another small issue is the Tyson Chicken factory, on cold windy days you find most students covering their noses from the stentch that blows downwind.

Erblin

The most exasperating fact about Texas Lutheran University is its location as well as its undersized (small) campus. Texas Lutheran University is located near the small town called Seguin in Texas. As an international student I find difficult living in Seguin and other cities around because there isn’t any particular place where students can meet and have fun with each other. In addition, the campus is small and limited to outside student activities.

Christian

The worst thing about my school is how the air smells when it rains. There is a Tyson Chicken factory located close to the school and when it rains the wind brings in an unpleasant smell.

Mark

The worse thing about Texas Lutheran University would be the lack of dining facility choices on campus. There are only two, one that accepts the meal plan on a meal by meal basis and one that accepts the meal plan on a cost of the goods basis, which tends to dwindle qickly due to the fairly high price of the food available. The lack of choices causes students to spend more by going to other off-campus locations to eat.

Edward

It's very small.

Kendra

Small campus

Taffey

I think the worst thing is that it is not as liberal as you may think. You are free to do and be what you want but when it comes down to religion it is pretty one sided. the Food is alright at times. Poeple are all nice and teachers are very good at taking the time out as well as pushing you to do better and be better. becasuse it is small people know all of your business. Not much school spirit around the town for the university mpre for the high school though.

Brandon

You have to drive about 20 minutes to get to any semi-large city.