Texas Southern University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Southern University

Viance

Texas Southern University is a great school and has definitely caught my eyes for my top 3 school to go to. This school is a great school as far a student relationship with teachers and student to student relationship. Id love to go here and not only further my education but have fun as well.

Vandi

I feel is this the best hbcu ever made for the simply fact it offer so much to the community and is really a very productive school .

Bronshaye

I am entering my 4th year at Texas Southern University. I have enjoyed my time here. I have learned, grown and matured a lot. I spent all my years here as a Tiger athlete on the Track team. I learned how to be competitive and my team spirit is high for not only Track but for all athletic organizations at Texas Southern University. I personally feel that the education that I have received has prepared me to continue with my educational goals to pursue my Master degree in Physical Therapy. The culture has prepared me to be a strong and productive black male in today's world. Thank you Texas Southern for all that you have done. I am forever grateful.

Shalethia

Texas Southern University is a place that symbolizes African American culture and historical heritage in a district of Houston that has been long forgotten. It is the last standing testament to a rich history of black empowerment and the need for education in a community. The campus and teachers hold an air of pride that comes with years of wisdom. Each teacher places a crown of responsibility on their students that remind us of the importance of where we've been and where we plan to go. Overall this university is a place of respect, pride, and history. It is a privilege to go and it will be an honor to graduate from.

Diamond

I Love the band its so fun and large, inside the campus they had variety of food and even a hair salon .

Texas Southern University is a great HBCU. It has many student organizations and there is always something going on. However I didn't feel like the school suited me specifically. It's great if you're into partying, drinking, etc. But if you just like to study and go to class its not the school for you.

Sha'Miraya

I want to first start off by saying, I love my HBCU! I don’t want to graduate from anywhere but TSU. There’s so much school pride and opportunity around every corner. It’s not perfect, there are some faults I can surely point out, but for the most part my school is great! MOST of the staff members are there to help, there’s always something happening on campus, there’s promotion of diversity (although it’s an HBCU) Financially things could be a lot better, but im sure my HBCU will persevere. I can’t wait til I’m an alumni so I can support my school through everything.

Destiny

Texas southern is a well rounded school. Whether sports, arts, politics, or science is your thing. There's something for everyone to get into. The student body is very interactive with each other. Although it is large school it has a small community feel.

Ossalan

Overall a Good School. The class sizes are regulate small. Tuition is rather cheap, friendly staff and students. Have great parking facilities and recreation facilities. A gun free zone, there is police protection. I feel safe going to the school.

roosevelt

my overall opinion of TSU; would have to be that it is a very rewarding school if you can put in the hours, and is that much more memorable if you partake in the activities they have around campus. One that is currently going on is tutorial-month and it is always nice to be a spectator to one of their basketball/football games.

Joanne

It's alright. the campus is really pretty. The athletic teams have some improvement, that they can make on their off time. Campus housing, is okay, but very disorganized. The people around the campus are often nice. All of the teachers and the administration are all very nice. They will say hello to you where ever you are walking to.

veronica

I absolutely love

JA'NAYZIAH

Visting texas southern on june 28th gave me a scope of the school , it might be an hbcu but it still seems to be diverse there are many people of different backgrouds and ethnicity with wonderful personality . I chose this school for my education to join business school and also take on life in Houston . Everyone that had greeted me a month ago was full of knowledge and friendly cat wait to start school in august

Jenise

This was the college i went to after I graduated the only problem I had was the roommate situation.

Jalontae

My experience thus far has been really great! I absolutely enjoy the campus life and academic scene. Opportunities are always available and ready to be taken. The faculty and students have become family. Texas Southern is a place I will always call home.

James

I am a transfer student from Cuyahoga Community College. It is a different atmosphere here in Houston. I picked Texas southern for it is a small school and diverse although a HBCU. I love Texas Southern, everyone here is friendly and is willing to help the unknowledgeable.

Marquesia

MY OVERALL OPINION OF TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY IS FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS A LITTLE SHAKY GETTING TRANSFERRED OVER TO THE COLLEGE FROM SAM HOUSTON. MY TRANSCRIPT WAS SEEMED TO GET MISPLACED AND MY CREDITS WAS COMING UP SHORT. AFTER ALL THAT EVERYTHING STARTED TO LOOK UP AND I STARTED TO FILL LIKE THIS WAS MY BEST CHOICE. THE ADVISER HELPED ME GET EVERYTHING STRAIGHT AND NOW I'M READY TO START MY SOPHOMORE YEAR AS A TEXAS SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY RAM.

Reynaldo

Texas Southern University is a different environment where you not only learn about your major but you also have the privilege to interact with other culture and ethnicity. I thought that Texas Southern University was only for Blacks, but that wasn't the case, this institute for me have the largest international students that I know. Beside the great experience you have with your professor is outstanding, since they bond with and they treat you like their own child. Overall Texas Southern University is a great way to start, since it offers a extra condiment that other college doesn't; interacting with others culture and ethnicity.

It's only been 4 weeks so the ruling is still out.

Kei-Ayzia

When I began my freshman year at The Illustrious Texas Southern University, I was a little nervous about the culture difference between this HBCU, and where I had come from (a predominantly white area). Everyone at this university makes you feel like you belong there! This is what I love most about my school. Everyone is family, and family means no one gets left behind. Even the professors work with us students on anything we may need. Some of them will even give you access to their personal emails in case you need someone to talk to. I have learned to accept and love being around my own people. I love it!

Indyah

Texas Southern University has a unique social and learning environment. The classes set up, for me at least, are all filled with professors who care about quality education and students are eager to learn. The campus life is full of surprises when it comes to the band and our famed men's basketball team. As a volleyball player on the NCAA Women's Volleyball team, I have experienced many exciting adventures when it comes to travel and meeting other athletes. Creating friends was simple due to the friendly environment I was always exposed to.

Nadia

TSU is a good school. There are a lot of professors that want to see their students succeed, you can also go to your professors and talk about anything. There are also plenty of opportunities for fun. The campus is not extremely big, which is a good thing because it makes it hard to get lost. And most people are easy to talk to and get along with.

Daryl

In my opinion Texas Southern University is a really good school. On of the reasons being that it is a hbcu and it has a historic meaning to it. It's not just a college it's like a home really and kinda like any other school you meet friends but at Texas Southern University the friends you make become family and you won't even wanna go home. Also, another reason why Texas Southern is so great is the diversity of the kind of people on campus not necessarily color but the different personalities that you see on campus and everybody is cool with eachother. In my opinion Texas Southern University is a really good school and that is my overall opinion.

Braxton

I believe that the school and it’s students should take advantage of being in the fourth largest city in the country. It is a great institution, but I had so much more potential. I do believe that it is headed in the right direction though. It should be a well known school now, but we are aiming to get it more notoriety.

Kimberly

Texas Southern University is an awesome school. The class sizes are small and the teachers really care about their students. They always make themselves available to help their students to be successful. I would recommend TSU to anyone especially those looking to pursue advanced degrees.

Angelica

Texas Southern University is a great HBCU to attend, many do not like it because of financial aid and housing, but that's every college you go to. It's a very diverse place and I went without knowing anyone, so it was nice meeting people from different countries and building an agreement to not cross the line when we speak towards each other.

Temitope

A family-like atmosphere with professors interested in seeing you succeed. As an international student, it took me less than a day to be glad I chose the right school. The international office is highly approachable and willing to respond to all questions no matter how stupid you might presume it is. As it is in the heart of Houston, there's never a dull moment. I'm proud to be a part of the Tiger family.

Tashaye

Texas Southern University is an illustrious HBCU, and has birthed many stars and important people in the community. It has a cool environment and everybody fits in somewhere. This college is the best to have the college experience at because it is diverse and the professors make it a point to help students succeed.

Alexis

I absolutely love it, The scenery is gorgeous, the staff is very helpful and everybody makes you feel welcomed. There's organizations to bring students together and activities , like meet and greets to converse with new students who may not be familiar with other students. It's an amazing school!

Ania

We apart of the top HBCU's in Texas and we are located in Houston, Texas. We are a proud HBCU that is full of many opportunities daily, there is always something to do, especially for on-campus housing! Texas Southern Univeristy is well known for its Law School, Thurgood Marshall.

Kehinde

TSU is a relaxed and diverse institution for students looking to study about anything in the siences. It is a small school with mostly friendly students and approachable professors. The facilities are a bit outdated in some buildings and there is not a lot of food choices. But, overall it is a good school. I love my HBCU!

Janik

I love the school and campus. It’s a great HBCU! The campus is not too small or too big. The atmosphere is amazing that’s why i wanted to go to Texas Southern in the first place. The people there are amazing and i wouldn’t trade schools. Why not go to an HBCU.

Joe

texas southern university is a good place but it lacks a bit. the vibe and people there seemed pretty good, everyone was nice. i saw people having nice conversation. as a visitor i kinda didnt like it because it wasnt my preferred going there. for me the facility and food are everything, i found the food to be nasty so did my friends, it tasted like plastic. but overall the people and professors seem like awesome people

tinuolaxob

All the professors are dedicated and focused on the success of students who want to succeed. The dynamic of this area of 3rd ward in general is changing so that can only be good news for TSU. The tuition is really high for international students for the standard of education.

Skyler

I have only been at Texas Southern for a year but i already cant wait to go back! I absolutely love it here. I never thought i would like it so much because its not really my scene but they are accepting in every single way no matter where you are from, your race, or gender. The school is very family oriented and the students support everyone whether they know them or not. Your professors and advisors expect the best from every student and will do everything in their power to help you achieve your goals. The university hosts many, many events to help you start your networking for future careers as well as internships. The campus life itself is very fun and energetic there is usually always something going on, you just have to put yourself out there! i highly recommend Texas Southern University to anybody who is just looking for a fresh start, or a new place to call home and further their education.

Kassidy

It is a safe and good environment with police on campus at all times. Miniature restaurant are located at the campus along with the cafeteria. Has hospitality stores available to campus as well so there is really no need to go anywhere else to get food or products.

Dequinton

Texas Southern University has lots of activities and clubs to join whether you like to dance sing play an instrument etc.. Everyones is mostly professional and the campus is very friendly classes are easily accessible so you know where to go and where to go to. All in all the campus is a safe friendly environment and theres always something to get in to.

Tatyana

Texas Southern is a great school, especially if you’re a communications major. Everyone is really involved from alumni all the way down to the incoming freshmen. There’s a lot of campus bonding activities that you’ll love. The only thing that you’ll have a problem with is management for on campus housing and the food, but you’ll love chicken on Mondays and Fish Fridays.

Carisma

I love it. It makes me proud to be my race . We are all like one big tsu family

Saverio

Texas Southern University is one of the best HBCU's in Texas. Everyone on campus supports TSU to the fullest. There is always something to do from events to football games and etc. Having a good time but still focusing on school work is major here at TSU. Texas Southern University is the place to be.

keisha

Texas Southern is a wonderful school to attend it gives you a chance to spread your wings and be who you are. The teachers are fantastic they try to teach the class instead of just talking on and on to where you can get lost. I can go on and on about how great the school is so with my overall opinion about TSU is that its a great school and a wonderful experience to be attending.

Symone

I began attending Texas Southern University not expecting to enjoy it as much as i did. I acclimated extremely quickly and even found amazing friends. When i first moved in i was terrified of being away from home but now i view it as my second home. I am lucky to be attending a HBCU i love my school and my fellow students. Im glad i am able to attend Texas Southern University. It has given me a confidence i've never had. Now if you are unaware many HBCU's are under funded and severely need more money to ensure all the students can have a great education and living environment. The neighborhood isnt the best but it isnt as bad as some make it seem. Also the Cafe food could be way better

Nicholas

Texas Southern University is an amazing school student wise. The students make a wonderful community that all get along and make for a pleasant place to go to school for. Although the staff is mediocre, they are very disorganized and you can count on them making simple task difficult rather it be the financial aid office, register's office, or any department on campus. The professors are not too much better, some professors care and help students to the best of their ability but most professors seem as if they can care less and just there to receive a check. They often come off as nonchalant not caring for the sake of your work, grade and even goals your trying to reach. Professors are suppose to be there to enlighten and support you on your journey to college but instead it feels like an unspoken battle between students and professors, along with staff.

Jade

Great HBCU , tons of organizatios to get involved in. The classes are a decent size, not to big and not too small. The professors are almost always available in their offices. Great 4 year university to attend.

Ken

It’s a nice school to go to especially for people who are trying to become like doctor or engineers. For freshman starting the first year will be fun, it depends on what the person make out of it. They have a lot of activities which you can do on campus to keep interest of the campus.

Laila

TxSU is an amazing school it felt like home when I went and that is what I was looking forward to see. Also there are many opportunities as well as job fair's open for students. Highly recommend all students to attend because you'll get a great education while living the fun college life they also have really good reviews on their dorms and campus life. Everyone on campus was very sweet to me and the energy was amazing .

Dezeray

Texas Southern is a great University its the heart and soul of Houston, TX. Txsu has many problems such as any other university naming one there are many kids who fasfa gets messed up and all they have to do is critique one little problem it can simply be fixed over a phone call but can never do so because for one the people who works in the financial aid building do not like to answer the phone it can morning or not they do not answer the phone for anyone or anybody. other than communication Texas Southern University is a wonderful school to attend .

Corey

Texas Southern University is the best HBCU in the country! We are all very family here and is opening to everyone. We are all about education and success, but don't worry TSU has a day (hump day) that allows us to listen to music and have a little day party just to help ease off a little. Our campus is spacious but it is not too spacious where you cant walk to your classes without being late. We have lots of very friendly security guards that are always patrolling the campus 24/7. TSU is a safe and fun college that would love to have you!

madison

Texas southern university was a very quite and calm school ,but never underestimate the fun they can have there. I honestly like the school everyone is nice and the sports are great; you get to travel and explore the rest of the world while still keeping up with your classes. It has been updated and is the perfect size campus; not to big or not too small tsu is just right.

I am a Freshman here at Texas Southern University and I'm learning to love it every day, I enjoy all my teachers and they are always available to help or to guide me in the right direction. As I'm still learning about the school I enjoy learning something new every day, which makes me enjoy school a lot more.