Texas Southern University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Southern University

Hilary

Texas Southern is a great HBCU, you definitely learn more about your culture and what it means to be black, the professors are there to help us. There are lots of pros and cons but what school doesn't have an issue. Overall it is a good school to attend

Shelby

I think Texas Southern is a place of fun-loving people and a great second home . I cant wait to go next semester and from what ive heard and seen id fit right in. I like the fact that its a proud HBCU . I have always wanted to have the experience as to what it be like .

Jean

This is my first year in Texas Southern University and I am leveraging the best opportunities available as a student-athlete. The support from the teachers is great as we travel to compete representing the school. Extracurricular activities are combined between entertainment, politics and more. The campus is very nice and we have great library, gym, pool and other facilities.

Micah

dsnjdwnfidsnfoisjnhdsjfoisanfosaodsfjglijgofdsjng;ofdsgodsjnfdsndsnvlfdsnbglisnbdsnbgdsnbgfmnobgfmnbcxmbogfobgfdsoibmnlbidsnlbggfnlibdnblifdnlbgdngfdsnoigdmnogdnpoigmndsobgsndobgmnbndbndlkbgpomlkbnlkbvmndjfljflkgfdlkgdlkgnkgngnflgnglnglnlfgjdsngflkjdsgljnsgjnsljd

Bruce

Texas Southern is one of the first Historically Black Colleges and Universities. There is so much pride around the campus and everybody is supportive of the different organizations .Texas Southern Is right across from the University of Houston so we are all well familiar with each other.But Texas Southern is an amazing school not only for the extracurricular activities but as well as education and the pride that spreads around the campus as a proud Tiger

John

Gets the job done. There are lots of room for improvement, and school has improved a lot in the last 3 years since I been going here too. Still, lot of room for improvement with professors, teaching methods, and other similar areas. I honestly do not feel safe to stay back and study myself and would never recommend for anyone, especially my female friends. I have stayed with late them to study just to make sure they will be safe when going home. There is an active police office in campus, yet we still get alerts of robbery or other worrisome alerts once in while thru email.

Destiny

If your not going to TSU your square. It’s an amazing college to attend please consider. I choose be I plan to be in the Ocean of Soul the band is amazing. I know lots of people in the band there plus old friends I used to go to school they TSU is the place to be but will find out about that.

justin

Texas Southern University is a great school if you are dedicated. The key to success here is to find the right professor for you and become close with them in learn everything they have to offer , I then heard from a couple of my old classmates who attend Texas southern university who say the campus is a great place to be in if looking for a cool and nice college environment with a good academic program if you actually focus on your school work and take under a career for a degree

Caira

Texas Southern University is a overall good college and they have a good academic base program and their band is wonderful and everybody comes to the football game to see the band. Texas Southern University is an HBCU, it helps the students learn the history of Black African Americans

Tatayana

My first arrival at Texas Southern University was a life changing experience. As a freshman on campus and being introduced to a new city I often found myself lost around campus. This was until I realized that our "Tiger Walk" is a long straight pathway in the midst of different buildings according to ones' field of study. The tiger walk will remind you of the tedious journeys life will accompany you with, on days where the sun will refuse to shine and the random rain may ruin your day. The tiger walk keeps students in good shape, and also reminds students of Texas Southern that, they are able meet new people everyday. Students of Texas Southern are well-mannered, patient, and helpful to anyone who needs directions to their desired destination. This was proven just last week when, The Democratic Debate was held in the Texas Southern Recreational Center. The mayor, one of our future presidents, and over 200 media were at our school. Several people needed help finding different buildings and parking garages; the Texas Southern Student Body was more than happy to give out directions. And even with all the media and news reporters, students of Texas Southern humbled themselves and did not step out of character to clout chase. I love Texas Southern and it is now my home.

Ana

Texas Southern makes me feel like I’m at home. Not only the students, but the professors make this HBCU united. All of the professors I have had thus far, have been determined to help us reach success. There are many different organizations, and that’s why it’s easy to find people with the similar interests. I am currently in the Honors College, and the Honors College has helped me with advising, and with making the right financial decisions. I have met many great people at Texas Southern, and I know I made the right choice in becoming a tiger.

Victoria

I think it is a lovely school went for a campus tour and loved it. I can't wait to start 2020 fall. lovely and friendly environment and people. I chose this university out of all the colleges/universities there is in Houston not only because i am familiar with people that currently attend here and have attended but because it made me fill welcomed and a bit at home.

Macey

It's a decent school, there could be some improvements in the structure of the building and renovations around campus. The campus life is always fun and entertaining. The professors are a hit or miss but there are quite a few great ones.

Jordan

Texas Southern is an amazing school, everything about it is awesome. It’s so homey, everyone makes you feel so welcomed and it’s just an awesome place to be. They show so much school spirit on campus for all sports and clubs, they show love and care to all programs and always support.

Deverik

Texas Southern University is a good school, just has a lot to improve on. Such as financial aid, student life, campus food, campus housing, PROFESSORS, advisors, communication, blackboard, wifi and security. I have learned a lot and met a lot of great and amazing people here.

Makinzy

The few weeks that I were attending Texas Southern, I kind of liked it. The campus was a good size. The class size wasn't too big. Also, the cafe food wasn't too bad. Welcome week was fun and every Wednesday there is a Dj on campus playing music while strolling is going on. However, I didn't like how uncomfortable the guys who hung around campus that did not attend made me feel while I was walking to class. They would always try to talk to me which got very annoying. Overall, it's a very nice school with friendly staff and students and lots to do. You'll love it ,

Laila

It was nice and I love the energy this is why I want to go to this school

Kaia

It’s an amazing HBCU college & I love everything about the school ! The students there are nice & helpful, you’ll never feel left out & the professors are always there for you when you need help. I live for the band & the majorette dancers , they make the school so live !

Jakaylen

I highly recommend any and everyone to come to the one and only Texas Southern University not only is it a HBCU (Historically Black College). My HBCU feels like home and you will always feel loved. Classes are a good sizes not too big and also not too small

Dominique

Texas Southern is a great HBCU and college in all and I am glad to be a TSU Tiger.