Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Marc

My school has a lot of departments that can help any kind of students. There is the admissions office, the academic advising center, the financial aid office, two big library used by students daily and some other computers lab available as well. Some kinds of activities like orange crush are also organized to welcome freshman students and talent show to discover students that have artistic capacity. Moreover, my school disposed of a art center which hold a bunch of diverse events made by prominent artist all over the world weekly and monthly.

I wish i knew how to do a resume and satisfy all the requirements to get a job easily in school. I would've also wanted to be sure of the major i was going to study in order not to waste time in my career education. Another important thing, i would've liked knowing was that there were many scholarships opportunity that i could've applied to in order to help me in my education expenses and rely heavily on my loans.

James

My school is known for having a great community. Our whole area works together to get people that live here an education. All of the schools in this area work together to help out the students. There is another university about an hour away, and they just formed some kind of alliance, to make it once school. Also, our school is right next to the border of Mexico, so there's a very nice culture change from what you normally see in the US.

The school I'm attending is great, becuase it worked with me on transferring my associates degree from a technical school. It accepted my associates, and replaced theirs with it. It also accepted my academic core from the techinical school and replaced theirs. I'm not saying you shoulnd't take them at the university, but I didn't have the funds available at the time. So if you find yourself in a similar situation it might be a great fit for you!

Ly

I have learned many mistakes, for one is having morning classes. Two, don't cram all classes into one day. Three, always be prepared for class and plan ahead when the next assignment is due.

Kanesha

Hello Kanesha, it's you from the future returned to tell you about college life. Knowing how it is, I recommend that you get into as many extracurricular activities as you possibly can, it will look great when you go to apply for the four year schools you've been dreaming about. In addition to extracurricular activities, you might want to take your ACT and SAT test, although I know you want to take the easy way out of it by attending a Junior College, you'll thank yourself in the long-run. You're going to get a job, but don't let it detour your focus keep getting those A's you aspire for. Don't be too afraid to apply for any and all colleges, you'll be fine the right one will come through. Once you're in college do your best and make great friends and connections and enjoy the ride of your life.

Gael

The University of Texas at Brownsville is best known for its excellent resources, faculty, and staff. Also is best know for its vast majority of careers it provides for its students and its athletism.

The advice I would bestow to my past self is to take every advantage he is given during his high school years. With all those opportunities i died, I am in financial trouble. So the best advice is to, as said before, take every opportunity that it is given to him.

I personally brag about that The University of Texas at Brownsville can compete with up-north schools. Every school is the same.

Alexis

The University of Texas at Brownsville (UTB), in fact is a new university established at 1993. UTB has one of the strongest Chess program in the entire nation. Talking about Sports, UTB women’s volleyball team won the national championship on 2011. UTB has a beautiful mixture between the Mexican and American culture because of the close contact with Mexico. I know that UTB is not as big as UTA or UTSA but I have the same educational level for a cheaper price. In fact, I love UTB because I feel the warmth of the wonderful Mexican culture.

If I could travel to give me a warning, I would say: Everything your parents tell you is true. Your going to need a lot of money and you have to start looking for scholarships to not have so much pressure for the money. If you really want to fulfill your dream begins to think outside the box.

The most frustrating of UTB is the city that has about. Brownsville is not a tourist, you do not have many places to visit.

Juan

It is best known for it's cheap tuiton, helpful and friendly assistance, and being on the southern border of the United State...

It is best known for it's cheap tuiton, helpful and friendly assistance, and being on the southern border of the United States.

The advice I would give myself is to not worry about what people think of you. As a college student, I've learned to ignore the what people say or think of me. By doing that I have accomplished much more and feel much happier than I ever was back in high school. If I want to get something done, I don't worry about what people think. I just go out there and do it. In high school, worrying about what people thought of me restricted me from accomplishing more goals and made me feel unhappier. I felt it was more important to follow the crowd instead of ignoring the peer pressure which held me back. This is why I would tell myself as a high school senior to ignore what people think of you and do what you want. This advice goes for everybody not just me. You'll accomplish much more with your life if you stop worrying what people think of you. If you want to play soccer, play soccer. Don't listen to people who tell you it's a bad sport. You do what makes you happy and successful.

I wish I had known about the incredible facilities they have. The gym is amazing. It has raquetball, basketball, a small track, weights, and locker rooms. The Arts Center also looks amazing with its decorations and artwork being displayed all over the building.

Maria Renee

All people should attend this school except psychopaths. Recently, there has been multiple incidents where current students in universities start shootings and kill several students and teachers. Luckily, there have been none in this university. Therefore, the only kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is a psychopath.

The University of Texas at Brownsville is the place to be. It enriches the Tex-Mex culture with a series of unforgettable events. People from all cultures, ethnicity, and race are welcome with open arms. UTB has a wide range of students from across the world. There isn't a "kind" of person who isn't immediately accepted into the community. This university will welcome any person with open arms.

Elaine

Elaine, it all works out. You figure out what it is you want to do and you were right, the arts weren't the direction you wanted to go but, you had a good time, you learned alot, and you had alot of friends along the way. I'm sorry, but none of those friends stick around and you make a mistake with one you regret yet, you land on your feet with hardly a scratch. Dropping out of school to work was the right choice now and you returned to school later just like you promised yourself. You get engaged and you have a house together all by the time you turn 25 and you are getting closer to your dreams now that you've found a reason to keep going. I cannot give it all away but its all good things when you get here.

Jackeline

Elderly visitors bird sightsee at UTB, a flourishing campus. Unlike universities of major cities, UTB has no skyscrapers. Instead, it has towering palm trees, rich, green landscapes of arboreal, grass, blooming flowers, and fluttering yellow and light blue birds, on land. Below the water surface there are ducks, white swans, and turtle families. This company comes to the water surface at UTB while students are studying on campus. Glistening rivers enrich the soil and are crossed above by bridges, giving students outstanding scenery at UTB. UTB is unique since it is the southernmost university of the United States of America.

I would tell myself to never procrastinate, and as the pastor David Jeremiah says, I intend to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done, the best that it can be done, and to do it that way every time. Also, as my 7th grade teacher, who passed away last year of cancer, reminded his students everyday and had written on the board, "PROCRASTINATION = DISASTER". At sixty-eight years old seven years ago, he told my 7th grade class that he would work until he was physically or mentally unable to work. I would tell my high school senior self to work harder by continuing to turn in my homework on time and never miss a deadline, study to get high grades on quizzes and tests, and, most importantly, study to gain knowledge, and if I did not understand a problem or a lesson from the book, I should ask professors and tutors, so that I could have a higher GPA at the end of my senior year and get accepted to a high prestige university after earning an associates at UTB. As college-guide writer says, "always do a little more than the average student".

A person that is willing to study and spend hours dedicated to understanding the material by finding help from others from tutoring services provided by the university, professsors, peers, online tutoring such as khan academy, etc. should attend the University of Texas at Brownsville. This person has to strive always to not only do good or better. They must make an effort to do their BEST. If they get As, Bs, and Cs, they should strive to get As and Bs only or all As. They should turn in their homework on time, and study for quizzes and tests.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.