Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

aldo

Going to college is a big step in someones life it will take alot of hard work, dedication, and frustration. Even though it will be an emotional roller coaster due to deadlines on work not everything is work some things are fun. Remember you will normally go for a degree in something that is interesting to you so dont be shy when it comes to projects go ahead and make mistakes so you can learn from them. Use the tutorials as well even if you know the material we all learn everyday something new no matter how old we are or knowledgeable we are. Lastly dont be afraid to take an adventure from internships to group projects this will help remember experiences is what helps as well not only reading and studying.

the most frustrating situation about school is the classes are not always available and will have to wait until they are or substitude for something that was not planned on being on the course plans.

a person attending this institution should be someone who is willing to apply themselves to hard work and not expect to have something handed to them. This college as well as others allow students to manage their own time and work which is a life lesson on managing your life as well so if a person is not open to that type of lifestyle it will be difficult for them.

Kate

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself to never give up when school gets hard. I would also tell myself to study harder because college is so much harder than high school. I would also tell myself to stay on top of homework because if you don't, it'll mess you up big time.

Rosario

It has professional professors that know their material.

It has professional professors that know their material.

If I could travel back in time and would give advice to my self as a high school student it would be to start applying for scholarships. It is very important to start applying for scholarships in order to pay for books and school materials. Applying for scholarships is a very good way to start saving money in case you need anything for a course. Another advice would probably be do not give up and continue your studies. College might be difficult at times but later on it would be worth it. All you have to do is relax, calm down and do not stress out. Take things easy and do not rush. If possible take up to 4 courses per semester that way you will not stress out and feel over whelmed. College is extremely diffrent than high school. You will meet a lot of people be careful with who you hang out with. Some students are not a good example for you. Try to hang out with students you meet in your classes, trust me it is a big help. Try to socialize and have fun. Do not think that college is all about stress and homework.

The worst thing about UTB it's their parking space.

Rebecca

UTB is unique because the tution is low but the eduction is high. The college focuses most of their attention on the students. UTB is always giving students opportunities to gain funds, get tutoring, and gain whatever kind of skill they need for the students careers.

I would tell myself to stick to one career and bring my grades up. I really don't regret anything from highschool. I had alot of fun. But I guess I would focus more on my grades if I had that chance to go back in time. I would tell myself to take my time on the accuplacer test so i would not have to take developmental courses. The last thing I would say is don't worry you'll make it.

I wish I had known that UTB and TSC were splitting up. This effected alot of people. The students, factulty, and staff. The students at UTB don't have as many class choices as they used to have. Some of the faculty got laid off along with some of the staff.

Kathy

It has everything you need to success in college.

It has everything you need to success in college.

I would say, "prepare yourself for college, read more, get more involved with the profesors and students, look ahead in your classes and do not waste your time on parties, do not sleep late"

That they guide as you need.

Keeisi

If I could go back in time and talk to my High School senior self, I would advise myself to do the things that I did. To continue applying to the same places I did but maybe that I need to apply to more scholarships. The University of Texas at Brownsville, is affordable with financial assistance for a student who is interested in studying full time but still money is necessary. For food, for books, for gasoline if someone has a car. I cannot afford a very necessary car and I rely on the city and university buses to go around the town. I love my university and hope to continue being there until I graduate with my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.

I wish I knew that I could get a discount at Churches Chiken because I am a student! This school is just great.

I really don't think there is a bad thing about my school. If there is anything bad, it would be some of the students but the majority are students that are focused, and love the school. The bad students are usually seen only a semester and then dissapear of our lives. This school is great and I don't see anything wrong with it.

nidia

My school is best known for being next to the border.

My school is best known for being next to the border.

I would tell senior me to focus more on school and less on the drama caused by "friends" because once you're in college none of that will matter. You will meet many people with your same intrests and make great friends. I would tell myself to try harder because even though I was doing well and getting great grades, it is totally different in college. No one babies you and extends due dates. Professors don't read the textbooks for your. Most importantly, I would show me all the scholarship opportunities there is and tell myself to apply to as many possible because one day I would be broke because of all the school fees! Any extra money is good when you're in college because all the studying is going to make you very hungry!

The worst thing about my school is the parking. There isn't enough parking spaces for the students and everyday it's a struggle.

edgar

Going back in time as a senior will be the best opportunity into becoming a more college ready student. As a senior i remembered most of the time i did not care about my classes. I tended to not pay attention to the lectures or what the teachers had to say. If i was to go back in time i would tell myself to read more, study more, pay attention in class, learn how to take notes, hear more, and improve my writing skills. Now that i am a college student i struggle with my writing skills and listening skills. It is crucial to know how to read and write in order to be a college ready student. Be more responsible is one of the main points into becoming a more college ready student. It is crucial to pay attention to the professors and the lectures so you wont get behind. The most important thing is to always hear what your teachers have to say. Their advices and recommendations are the key to be ready for college.

Many of my friends from high school are studying in far away Universities. One of the things i brag the most is that I get to go back home everyday. I have a warm place to go and bed. My family is always there to support me in every decision. My mom cooks for me, something that i truly love.

The most frustruating thing about my school is the staff. The teachers and counselors dont give you the time we deserve. Some of the counselors tend to be rude with students. Students want to go to a place where you can be heard and ask questions aboust their degree, but sometime it is hard with the staff.

RAUL

My school (University of Texas at Brownsville) is an exellent institution. It has very great teacher and good istalations.

My classmates are good students. They help me all the time.

Everyone have the opportunity to be successful in life!?Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.?Nelson Mandela said. This men inspired me to have my career goals. One of my career goals is to finish my career in criminal justice at UTB. After completing this goal, I want to finish my Masters and to belong to national security. My career goals are to finish my career, and have a stable job where I feel comfortable. College to me is an important goal that I want to overcome. Criminal justice is my career goal that I want to complete and work it later. My career goals are to attain a career where I can express my police talent and passion for protect our country as well as open my mind in ways that I could never do at any other career. I am very strong and intelligent about criminal justice and how I want to excel it. My career goals are the first thing I have in my mind all the time. Remember: successful in life!?Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.?Nelson Mandela said.

John

I know you don't like yourself too much right now. I know you just want Mom and Dad to let you do what you want. But keep doing what you are doing. You're going to do it anyways. You're going to crash your truck and break your bones. You're going to ruin your college transcript by not trying. But... It's all part of a learning experience. They are all things you're going to look back and use as a tool to grow and to succeed. Don't beat yourself up about anything, be good to yourself. Grow from your mistakes and know that things will get different. You're not stuck. Contrary to what you think, everything is not your fault. Keep your side of the road clean and don't worry about anything else. You are exactly where you're supposed to be, even if it's bad. Find out who you are, the good and the bad. Go make friends, they won't bite and most importantly, Love yourself.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.