Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Juan

It is best known for it's cheap tuiton, helpful and friendly assistance, and being on the southern border of the United State...

It is best known for it's cheap tuiton, helpful and friendly assistance, and being on the southern border of the United States.

The advice I would give myself is to not worry about what people think of you. As a college student, I've learned to ignore the what people say or think of me. By doing that I have accomplished much more and feel much happier than I ever was back in high school. If I want to get something done, I don't worry about what people think. I just go out there and do it. In high school, worrying about what people thought of me restricted me from accomplishing more goals and made me feel unhappier. I felt it was more important to follow the crowd instead of ignoring the peer pressure which held me back. This is why I would tell myself as a high school senior to ignore what people think of you and do what you want. This advice goes for everybody not just me. You'll accomplish much more with your life if you stop worrying what people think of you. If you want to play soccer, play soccer. Don't listen to people who tell you it's a bad sport. You do what makes you happy and successful.

I wish I had known about the incredible facilities they have. The gym is amazing. It has raquetball, basketball, a small track, weights, and locker rooms. The Arts Center also looks amazing with its decorations and artwork being displayed all over the building.

Maria Renee

The University of Texas at Brownsville is the place to be. It enriches the Tex-Mex culture with a series of unforgettable events. People from all cultures, ethnicity, and race are welcome with open arms. UTB has a wide range of students from across the world. There isn't a "kind" of person who isn't immediately accepted into the community. This university will welcome any person with open arms.

All people should attend this school except psychopaths. Recently, there has been multiple incidents where current students in universities start shootings and kill several students and teachers. Luckily, there have been none in this university. Therefore, the only kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is a psychopath.

Elaine

Elaine, it all works out. You figure out what it is you want to do and you were right, the arts weren't the direction you wanted to go but, you had a good time, you learned alot, and you had alot of friends along the way. I'm sorry, but none of those friends stick around and you make a mistake with one you regret yet, you land on your feet with hardly a scratch. Dropping out of school to work was the right choice now and you returned to school later just like you promised yourself. You get engaged and you have a house together all by the time you turn 25 and you are getting closer to your dreams now that you've found a reason to keep going. I cannot give it all away but its all good things when you get here.

Jackeline

Elderly visitors bird sightsee at UTB, a flourishing campus. Unlike universities of major cities, UTB has no skyscrapers. Instead, it has towering palm trees, rich, green landscapes of arboreal, grass, blooming flowers, and fluttering yellow and light blue birds, on land. Below the water surface there are ducks, white swans, and turtle families. This company comes to the water surface at UTB while students are studying on campus. Glistening rivers enrich the soil and are crossed above by bridges, giving students outstanding scenery at UTB. UTB is unique since it is the southernmost university of the United States of America.

I would tell myself to never procrastinate, and as the pastor David Jeremiah says, I intend to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done, the best that it can be done, and to do it that way every time. Also, as my 7th grade teacher, who passed away last year of cancer, reminded his students everyday and had written on the board, "PROCRASTINATION = DISASTER". At sixty-eight years old seven years ago, he told my 7th grade class that he would work until he was physically or mentally unable to work. I would tell my high school senior self to work harder by continuing to turn in my homework on time and never miss a deadline, study to get high grades on quizzes and tests, and, most importantly, study to gain knowledge, and if I did not understand a problem or a lesson from the book, I should ask professors and tutors, so that I could have a higher GPA at the end of my senior year and get accepted to a high prestige university after earning an associates at UTB. As college-guide writer says, "always do a little more than the average student".

A person that is willing to study and spend hours dedicated to understanding the material by finding help from others from tutoring services provided by the university, professsors, peers, online tutoring such as khan academy, etc. should attend the University of Texas at Brownsville. This person has to strive always to not only do good or better. They must make an effort to do their BEST. If they get As, Bs, and Cs, they should strive to get As and Bs only or all As. They should turn in their homework on time, and study for quizzes and tests.

Suzelly

If i would go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not slack off in college and to read a lot because that is what is most important. I would also advice myself to really think about what I want to pursue as I grow up, to have a plan ahead of time, that way there are no changes in my major while I am in college. I would also tell myself to research about jobs and study abroad programs for the future, because those would come in handy.

The best thing about my school would have to be the campus. Our campus is great, it makes you feel at home, and it is friendly, meaning that there is a lot of places where to meet with your friends and even meet other people. The university of texas at brownsville also has a lot of activities around campus which is even better, especially for freshmen, because it helps you meet new people.

The most frustrating thing about my school would probably have to be that there is too many cars and not a lot of parking, especially in places around the north and south halls where most of the students need parking. Other than that there is really nothing frustrating about my school.

Janie

Janie, you are not going to have a smooth track back to college, but when the time comes make sure to have support support system in place. Your psychiatrist will help you keep your emotions in control, if you tell them what is happening in your life. Don't bottle it in do not put pressure on your self you will be fine. You will be in classes competing with people 15 years your junior and you will be great. Embrace your differences your bipolar disorder will help you and not be a distraction. Just remember when you feel yourself hitting a brick wall find a different approach, because the defination of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. Lastly you will be great, because if you give everything you have you can never be let down with the outcome.

I would have asked more questions about mediacal waivers and found a more cooperative campus staff. The office staff seem very cold, distant and uncaring about the people that attend campus. Not to mention the staff is not forth coming about information or special departments that can help a student. Not to mention childcare is only avalible to nursing students and other in the more vocational training.

MAGDA

The advice that I would give to myself would be that I would never give up that I must fight to obtain my goals and work hard to get ahead in order to have good grades and in this way I will be able to graduate with good grades, and learn more about my career to become a excelent degree in international business.

The things that I consider are the best in my school are the facilities where we take classes, as well as the equipment that has each classroom. Also the instructors whose day after day teach us about the subject they taught. Besides the good team of advisors with whom you can count when you have a dubt or question about your classes, schedule, career, etc. Finally the Enrichment labs in which they offer help to serve you better results in your assignments or homeworks.

When I talk to my friends from my school in general because all that is in it, from the installations to the instructors and the service they offer to me is of high quality. And I feel so proud to be at the University of Texas at Brownsville.

Clara

I would advice myself to never procrastinate and to start on my work as soon as I was aware of it. I will admit I was a procrastinator, but now I am not and it is truly great. I have every single assignment written on my planner with all due dates and things I have to do. It really pays off and I am no longer behind on my work, if anything I am ahead.

There really isn't anything bad about my school. It's really stressful because we are college and high school students but high school wise, i would say that the worst thing would be that there are no sports to join. I used to think that, but now I understand why we don't have any; it's because we get too much work and we really don't have time for anything else.

People who can't handle stress, those students who don't do their work would never make it at my high school/college. If someone doesn't feel like doing their work then he/she would fail badly. Not only would these poor grades be recorded on your high school transcript, but it will be under your college credits.

JAVIER

Few classmates demonstrate the desire to learn, and the majority strive for the bare minimum.

The best advice I would be able to give is to never underestimate your ability. I have surprised myself time and time again by my own potential and wish I had shot higher during the college application process my senior year. I would also encourage myself to dig deep for the underlying beauty behind knowledge and the power recieved through the journey of its attainment. I would warn of taking the road MOST traveled, and encourage instead the trek of self discovery. In so doing, I would strongly discourage pursuing premedical studies and instead spark the love I have now of mathematics. I would reassure myself that nothing is set in stone, and that the most important thing to do is to pursue something you genuinely enjoy.

Any individual who is mindful of saving money and is determined to push past learning only in the classroom should attend this university. It is important for one to be able to learn independently in order to make the most out of this institution.

Gabriela

I would give myself the advice to be determined and focus at all times. These are two very important and valued characteristics in my life because my first language was spanish and I come from a migrant family, therefore I had to try my very best to learn English and to keep up with all my classes. As I grew up I learned that with determination I could achieve my goals and finish my education. I did suffer greatly but I overcame my obstacles by staying focus all the time during school. Up to now these characteristics are what brought me to where I am right now. I am seeking a career in Nursing and financial aid has helped me out quite a lot but it has not been enough though. This is the reason I'm applying for scholarships and why I haven't given up because I am determined to finish my career.

The best thing about my school is that I'm actually learning what needs to be learned to fulfill my career goal. Teachers in this campus really know their material and they teach it extremely well. I'm very grateful that I attended this school.

I believe that everyone has the right to an education, therefore I believe that every person should have the opportunity to attend this campus.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.