Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Claudia

Location is the unique about my school, we are located at the border with Mexico. This allows to have a diversity culture between Mexico and the USA.

Finding the right college has to do with many things. I think the most important thing is for the students to have a focus on their goals and to have a desired to success. With this tools they can make their dreams come true; because when you have a will you have a way. Look for a school that meets your expectaties.

My school has many programs over all that give support to student in their studies. This helps students to finish up with their careers. They provide support on writing, math and reading. Those three things are essentials in a professional career. This is a great advantage students have here and they do take in consideration.

Enrique

UTB is well known for being a university that is on the border and that has grown a lot during these years that has been functional, and it is getting better every year.

There are many good options for the first college, but personally i liked being in a college that is in my hometown, because i got to learn that college experience that is required to move on in my educational life.

The most frustrating thing about my school would probably be the parking lot, since it is so little it is very difficult to find good parking space after 8 a.m.

Cassandra

Visit as many school as possible to experience the atmosphere before making a commitment to the specific school.

The general price of the books at the school.

Anybody who loves the Hispanic culture or wants to get involved in the culture.

Abigail

The best time to begin searching for the appropriate college is after you have decided what it is that you would like to study. The location, student body, and price are all important factors of course, but these won't matter if you are attending a school that doesn't even meet your academic needs. After choosing the school, the best advice is just to stay focused. You will have to learn to sacrifice alot of time to studying if you want to do well, but it will all pay off in the end.

how to chose professors before getting your classes

Ana

My classmates have been the support and help that I have needed during the three years I've been at UTB.

The most helpful advice I can give to students is to never give up. I believe it doesn't matter the right college but the attitude the student takes towards attaining a college degree. Students should understand that every little step taken today will count towards the realization of future dreams and goals. It doesn't matter if we like our teachers. What really matters is to give our best in what we do because that will only affect ourselves. College will transform our life today and tomorrow. It will give us the tools today to transform our life tomorrow. We, as students, should act responsible and understand that doing the right things will only be for our own benefit. Studying today will only benefit our future grades, and our grades will be the proof of our study. Students: Never give up to what you believe in. Never give up to your studies because that is what will keep your future bright. College is the last step towards attaining our life goals. It is what will help us in succeeding.

The diversity of teachers and students is immense. It is really interesting to meet people with different background and way of thinking. I consider that diversity is a key characteristic of UTB which gives more value to the school's environment and daily life.

Priscila

I consider my school is a place very interesting because of it is placed at the border with Mexico and we have the opportunity to know people who speak another language which is not English and also we learn morea about different cultures. The use of many languages around school make us more successful in our classes.

First of all, I think that whatever choice you have, it will be the besto chioce. At the moment we get into college, we will see if our expectations were good discovering all the programs, alternatives and recreations our university wiill have. You will have the best option if you try to see beyond your expectations and enjoy your experiencies in college.

There are a lot of people who attend to The University of Texas at Brownsville. I have had people who come from Republic Dominica, Spain, Mexico, Cuba, Russia and so on. People who come to teach us the use of different cultures.

Adriana

I would tell them that to look very deep into the college they want to go into. I strongly tell them to visit the college or university because it would be a great opportunity to know where your going and what they do in the college.

I knew everything about the school because I live in Brownsville, Texas and I have always heard about the college here. It was my first choice.

The most frustrating thing in school is really nothing because I am interested in what I do at school.

Debra

The Unveristy of Texas at Brownsville, was the best college that I have attended. My professors have always being a great help to me. I learned so much from them. The staff was always willing to help the student with what ever they needed. Everyone is so helpful and understanding. It never seems like a bad day there.

As a praent and a student their at the university I would want my child to attend there. Everyone there is always willing to help. The professor the first sign they see if you are failing they will take time to assist you. My professor have always being people I look up and I am happy to fianlly graudate and pursue my mastery next. I hope that I can also make a difference as a teacher like my professor did.

Vanessa

Many people don't like it because it's near home. Many people would prefer to go to bigger cities where there is a party environment. Overall, it isn't a bad school.

A unique thing about my school is it's a small school in which many people know eachother.

Preparation for college is extremely necessary. When choosing a college, it is important to know what career you want to study. Some colleges offer better career plans than others.

Armando

I am glad to say we have great teachers who are down to earth and give is " students " a great learning environment. We just got a soccer team last year i know we did really well, also our campus is historic and beautiful.

To do as much research as possible and vist the campus to see where their child might be attending school.

Since i grew up in this town i was fully aware of the Univeristy here in town. I am glad to see it growing at the rate it is as, its one of the fastest growing schools in the UT system.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.