Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Kent

UTB offers a beautiful surrounding of South Texas Border of Mexico and South Padre Island just a few miles away. The campus is a history book in itself stemming from the Ft. Brown and Texas Southmost College. The campus offers an updated recreational facility to accommodate the stress of constant studying. It also offers night class for student that work during the day. The campus library offers weekend hours for all students and the cafeteria is open as well. The campus will continue to welcome transfer students who believe that the best college to attend is RGV in Brownsville, Texas.

As a high school senior I would advise myself to speak in person with a college advisor about the decision you have made to go to college. Apply for scholarships as soon as you can. Make certain that you parents are fully supportive in your decision to attend college. Apply for student study work on campus. Make friends that will not drag you down or drag you across the ground. Time manage your studying and stay focus on your major. If you are going to stay home while in college, appreciate your parents for everything that they do, making your lunches, giving you extra money, maybe even a car to drive to school. You'll have plenty of time for celebration when you graduate with high honors. Get all the help you can from tutoring, start a study group and get plenty of sleep. Take plenty of notes from the professors and always sit in the very front of the room, remember you are paying for that instructor to teach you about the subject, do not hesitate to ask questions, Good luck to me.

I believe the kind of person that should attend this school would be students that are really focused on a career that would provide the education and the increasing growth of the community. To also share the experience with other high schools to be the example of a supporter of the school. The student must be ready and to be prepared to look ahead of the importance of a good education and to be able to help others pursue their dreams of graduating with very high expectations. This person will be you!

Priscila

UTB is a public university that will welcome anyone from all backgrounds, has a friendly atmosphere, and they give you a top education at an affordable tuition.

I would tell my younger self to start early on the whole college process. I would say to don't take for granted my free time, do more community service, get involve in more clubs, socialize with more people, to try to spend it on searching for scholarships and other educational helps available. I would also say to change my lifestyle so it will begin to fit the new lifestyle college will be like. More than anything, I would say to my younger self to be confident in this new journey that is only just starting.

People who think it will be an easy school to get a degree fast and easy are wrong, and this university is not like that, thus if they have that mentality they should not come to UTB.

jason

Proximity to the Country of Mexico and is a member of the UT school system.

Proximity to the Country of Mexico and is a member of the UT school system.

Try your absolute best in all of your classes no matter how mundane the topic area may seem, as a student later in life your progress will be measured by how your completed all of your subjects. Once college begins do not be swayed by those around you who believe school is a waste of time, as I have already seen the benefit later in life a bachelor degree has given you. Thank those around you and god on a regular basis, and thank your parents for putting up with your non-sense in high school!

Andrea

I would advise to my younger self not to be afraid to get involved, in fact, I would encourage myself to do it. I would encourage myself to take my grades more seriously because there would be more opportunities for me, and I would be able to apply to more scholarships and school. I would tell myself not to be afraid and insecure because it only last a little while and because there are people who will accept you no matter what. I would tell myself to always be true to myself and always be a good friend even if my friends were the opposite to me. I would tell myself to be loyal to my friends because they would appreciate me more for it. I would tell myself to take all the opportunities that I could to advance myself academically in an ethical manner. I really would just encourage myself more and tell myself not to be afraid because it gets better. I would tell myself to respect my mother more and to always listen to her because she loves me and because my rebellious self is only a phase in life. That's all I would tell myself.

Before I had come to this school I wish I had known how involved I would be so I could have started doing many things in high school. When I was in high school I didn't know my full potential and now that I do I wish I had explored it in high school as well. I wish I would have taken my studies more seriously as well. I wish I had been more involved. So if I could go back in time to tell myself anything it would be to do everything I wish I had done then.

I do not think that there is a type of person who shouldn't attend this school, but if you are sexist, racist, or hate cultures and diversity then you shouldn't come here because this school has a great number of culture and diversity.

Jacob

Going back in time I would write myself this letter. Dear Jacob, Don't give up hope, you do not go into college right after highschool but it's for the best you do a lot of growing up. Don't lose heart because your dreams do come true you just have to keep reaching for them. It's just like the bible says " I have a future and a hope for you says the Lord". I can tell you that waiting was the best because all the courses you will need will be all online and they take the application fee away the year you begin. Their online courses are so much more interactive and self paced than Homeschool. You will go far and be great as you progress towards becoming a Graduate Gemologist. My advice to you is to relax, enjoy life, and keep moving forward. You will contiue to move forward and do great as long as you keep Jesus first in your heart. Just keep these things in mind and you will do just fine. Thanks, Jacob

Aglhaen

The University of Texas at Brownsville is a nurturing, holistic, and challenging campus that ensures academic and professional development of its graduate students.

My classmates at the University of Texas were professional, collaborative and highly engaged.

While your senior is filled with enticing distractions and situational goals I ask that you STOP! STOP what you are not doing! Slow down and take close and careful observation of your true possibilities. You are about to go through some massive transitions! Not just as it relates to the obvious, your post-secondary education, but life in general. I offer you the following advice… I ask that you challenge your fears; the outcomes will result in amazing surprises. Don’t dwarf your dream simply because you lack experience, company or support. I ask that you conquer your doubts; no – not alone but with those resources that exist. The resources are not a coincidence – those that have gone before you and have a proactive approach to ensuring progress have made those resources available. You will have your opportunity to give back if and only if you take and make use of what is provided to you. If you fail to conquer your doubts you will never truly reach your full potential and perhaps even worse - live a life of regret. Finally, I ask that you intelligently predict the future. Skillfully, realistically and open –mindedly determine how much you will accomplish.

Liana

To my high school self give this advice: start preparing now for your world travel dreams!! As a high school senior I was concerned primarily wth tanning on the beach, little did I concern myself with the future beaches and mountains and valleys I could be seeing in the nearer-than-I-could-guess future. Having graduated high school with around a 3.0 GPA I can at least tell myself that I accomplished that. If only I had known then how soon I wuld be regretting not setting myself up for travel sooner. Yet I WAS preparing in at least two ways; I was learning history (one of my favorite subjects) and French. Thank you high school Liana for taking four semesters of French so that I may take more advanced French in college and feel that much closer to my European adventures. If I could do it all again, I would save every last cent I earned, as I have heard that spending those on a European vacation always has been and surely always will be completely worth it.

Reynaldo

The classmates in my degree program are as motivated and interested as I am.

The classmates in my degree program are as motivated and interested as I am.

Stay in your hometown, and transfer to a bigger university once you've adapted to the college life. Its very different from high school. You are going to need to motivate yourself in the biggest ways. You need to have very good grades or you will be kicked out of school and they'll take your financial aid away. ALL OF IT. Try your hardest, and Good Luck!

The worst thing about this school is the admissions department and the financial aid department. Do Not expect to just arrive with all your correct documents and to walk out with everything done. They will provide you with more paperwork, and send you to different offices just for you to end up at the first place you started. You need to do everything more than a month in advance in order to get accepted on time so you can get financial aid on the first dat of school.

Dawn

My school is a diverse, energentic, and willing to help students become successful in their career choices.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a senior high school student, I would give myself some very rewarding advice that would benefit my college years. One of the most important advise that I would give would be to take college classes while still in high school. One reason for that is because while you attend college in high school your classes are free and your allowing yourself to graduate from High School with college credits as well. Having the chance to take college classes in High School gives me the opportunity to enter college as a sophomore or junior instead of a freshman. I would also advise my senior self to read more and learn to love to read because majority of college revolves around reading books. I would also advise myself to enjoy High School so when college starts you don't take advantage of your college education. Your college education is very important and failing one class can really ruin your GPA and it will be extremly hard to raise it back up. However, college is a wonderful experience and everyone should get the chance to experience the College life.

The limited amount of classes for my major degree being offered.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.