Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Giselle
What do students complain about most?

Parking spaces, we are a lot of students and there is very little parking spaces.

What do students complain about most?

There are a lot of students who work really hard!

Most of the professors I have had are really good in their class, they know what they are talking about.

brandon

i would tell myself to not slack off and keep studing. the professors in college are not going to be watching after you and making sure you turn your work in. i would also tell myself not to graduate early and enjoy your senior year beacuse thats the last of highschool. and not be affaird of joining a sport beacsue its important to stay active and you dont want to get the freshman 15

the only thing that i can think of is the parking. its kinda far and you have to cross the street to get to the other side sometimes it takes a while. but its not to bad i can deal with it.

i have nothing bad to say about the school. i think the school is perfect the way it is.

Pedro

The way I see it, this school is fairly unique on it's own because the environment gives off a friendly and welcoming vibe. You feel at home, and students here are more than glad to offer a helping hand to those in need.

I need you to listen carefully and pay very close attention to what I’m about to tell you. College is a far greater experience than high school. Sure you might have had your joyous moments or occasions, but life does not end with high school. On the contrary, college is where your life and your real future, begins. Forget whatever impressions most of your teachers have left on you from their experience about college. Some of them are wrong. You’ve been told college is hard, false, it’s only challenging, you love challenges or you will, and you have the perseverance to pull through. Look for scholarships and apply to every single one of them because that money is there for you to continue with a higher education. Also, this is the time to ditch any bad studying and learning habits, I cannot emphasize this enough; DO NOT PROCRASTINATE, READ MORE AND THEN READ SOME MORE or you will regret it. Last but not least, always apply yourself to do your best and never settle for less. You have the capacity to do great things, but it is only a matter of getting up and taking action.

As I mentioned previously, the ambiance, the friendliness of those who are attending this school. It is a very contagious feeling. Also, it is very close to home for those that chose to stay local and quite affordable even for a university.

jacqueline

From my experience I really haven't seen any kind of stereotypes in my school because everybody is so busy with their classes and homeworks there's no time to worry about that

The most popular student activities are participating in playing games such as soccer but with a big bubble ball around you

The academics at UTB are really nice, teachers and tutors actually spend time with you one-on-one to explain to you what you don't understand. Class participation is a must, ptofessors love that & there's really no competition between classmates since everybody is so nice.

Kent

UTB offers a beautiful surrounding of South Texas Border of Mexico and South Padre Island just a few miles away. The campus is a history book in itself stemming from the Ft. Brown and Texas Southmost College. The campus offers an updated recreational facility to accommodate the stress of constant studying. It also offers night class for student that work during the day. The campus library offers weekend hours for all students and the cafeteria is open as well. The campus will continue to welcome transfer students who believe that the best college to attend is RGV in Brownsville, Texas.

As a high school senior I would advise myself to speak in person with a college advisor about the decision you have made to go to college. Apply for scholarships as soon as you can. Make certain that you parents are fully supportive in your decision to attend college. Apply for student study work on campus. Make friends that will not drag you down or drag you across the ground. Time manage your studying and stay focus on your major. If you are going to stay home while in college, appreciate your parents for everything that they do, making your lunches, giving you extra money, maybe even a car to drive to school. You'll have plenty of time for celebration when you graduate with high honors. Get all the help you can from tutoring, start a study group and get plenty of sleep. Take plenty of notes from the professors and always sit in the very front of the room, remember you are paying for that instructor to teach you about the subject, do not hesitate to ask questions, Good luck to me.

I believe the kind of person that should attend this school would be students that are really focused on a career that would provide the education and the increasing growth of the community. To also share the experience with other high schools to be the example of a supporter of the school. The student must be ready and to be prepared to look ahead of the importance of a good education and to be able to help others pursue their dreams of graduating with very high expectations. This person will be you!

Priscila

UTB is a public university that will welcome anyone from all backgrounds, has a friendly atmosphere, and they give you a top education at an affordable tuition.

I would tell my younger self to start early on the whole college process. I would say to don't take for granted my free time, do more community service, get involve in more clubs, socialize with more people, to try to spend it on searching for scholarships and other educational helps available. I would also say to change my lifestyle so it will begin to fit the new lifestyle college will be like. More than anything, I would say to my younger self to be confident in this new journey that is only just starting.

People who think it will be an easy school to get a degree fast and easy are wrong, and this university is not like that, thus if they have that mentality they should not come to UTB.

jason

Proximity to the Country of Mexico and is a member of the UT school system.

Proximity to the Country of Mexico and is a member of the UT school system.

Try your absolute best in all of your classes no matter how mundane the topic area may seem, as a student later in life your progress will be measured by how your completed all of your subjects. Once college begins do not be swayed by those around you who believe school is a waste of time, as I have already seen the benefit later in life a bachelor degree has given you. Thank those around you and god on a regular basis, and thank your parents for putting up with your non-sense in high school!

Andrea

I would advise to my younger self not to be afraid to get involved, in fact, I would encourage myself to do it. I would encourage myself to take my grades more seriously because there would be more opportunities for me, and I would be able to apply to more scholarships and school. I would tell myself not to be afraid and insecure because it only last a little while and because there are people who will accept you no matter what. I would tell myself to always be true to myself and always be a good friend even if my friends were the opposite to me. I would tell myself to be loyal to my friends because they would appreciate me more for it. I would tell myself to take all the opportunities that I could to advance myself academically in an ethical manner. I really would just encourage myself more and tell myself not to be afraid because it gets better. I would tell myself to respect my mother more and to always listen to her because she loves me and because my rebellious self is only a phase in life. That's all I would tell myself.

Before I had come to this school I wish I had known how involved I would be so I could have started doing many things in high school. When I was in high school I didn't know my full potential and now that I do I wish I had explored it in high school as well. I wish I would have taken my studies more seriously as well. I wish I had been more involved. So if I could go back in time to tell myself anything it would be to do everything I wish I had done then.

I do not think that there is a type of person who shouldn't attend this school, but if you are sexist, racist, or hate cultures and diversity then you shouldn't come here because this school has a great number of culture and diversity.

Jacob

Going back in time I would write myself this letter. Dear Jacob, Don't give up hope, you do not go into college right after highschool but it's for the best you do a lot of growing up. Don't lose heart because your dreams do come true you just have to keep reaching for them. It's just like the bible says " I have a future and a hope for you says the Lord". I can tell you that waiting was the best because all the courses you will need will be all online and they take the application fee away the year you begin. Their online courses are so much more interactive and self paced than Homeschool. You will go far and be great as you progress towards becoming a Graduate Gemologist. My advice to you is to relax, enjoy life, and keep moving forward. You will contiue to move forward and do great as long as you keep Jesus first in your heart. Just keep these things in mind and you will do just fine. Thanks, Jacob

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.