Brownsville, TX
Texas Southmost College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas Southmost College

Aglhaen

The University of Texas at Brownsville is a nurturing, holistic, and challenging campus that ensures academic and professional development of its graduate students.

My classmates at the University of Texas were professional, collaborative and highly engaged.

While your senior is filled with enticing distractions and situational goals I ask that you STOP! STOP what you are not doing! Slow down and take close and careful observation of your true possibilities. You are about to go through some massive transitions! Not just as it relates to the obvious, your post-secondary education, but life in general. I offer you the following advice… I ask that you challenge your fears; the outcomes will result in amazing surprises. Don’t dwarf your dream simply because you lack experience, company or support. I ask that you conquer your doubts; no – not alone but with those resources that exist. The resources are not a coincidence – those that have gone before you and have a proactive approach to ensuring progress have made those resources available. You will have your opportunity to give back if and only if you take and make use of what is provided to you. If you fail to conquer your doubts you will never truly reach your full potential and perhaps even worse - live a life of regret. Finally, I ask that you intelligently predict the future. Skillfully, realistically and open –mindedly determine how much you will accomplish.

Liana

To my high school self give this advice: start preparing now for your world travel dreams!! As a high school senior I was concerned primarily wth tanning on the beach, little did I concern myself with the future beaches and mountains and valleys I could be seeing in the nearer-than-I-could-guess future. Having graduated high school with around a 3.0 GPA I can at least tell myself that I accomplished that. If only I had known then how soon I wuld be regretting not setting myself up for travel sooner. Yet I WAS preparing in at least two ways; I was learning history (one of my favorite subjects) and French. Thank you high school Liana for taking four semesters of French so that I may take more advanced French in college and feel that much closer to my European adventures. If I could do it all again, I would save every last cent I earned, as I have heard that spending those on a European vacation always has been and surely always will be completely worth it.

Reynaldo

The classmates in my degree program are as motivated and interested as I am.

The classmates in my degree program are as motivated and interested as I am.

Stay in your hometown, and transfer to a bigger university once you've adapted to the college life. Its very different from high school. You are going to need to motivate yourself in the biggest ways. You need to have very good grades or you will be kicked out of school and they'll take your financial aid away. ALL OF IT. Try your hardest, and Good Luck!

The worst thing about this school is the admissions department and the financial aid department. Do Not expect to just arrive with all your correct documents and to walk out with everything done. They will provide you with more paperwork, and send you to different offices just for you to end up at the first place you started. You need to do everything more than a month in advance in order to get accepted on time so you can get financial aid on the first dat of school.

Dawn

My school is a diverse, energentic, and willing to help students become successful in their career choices.

If I could go back and give myself advice as a senior high school student, I would give myself some very rewarding advice that would benefit my college years. One of the most important advise that I would give would be to take college classes while still in high school. One reason for that is because while you attend college in high school your classes are free and your allowing yourself to graduate from High School with college credits as well. Having the chance to take college classes in High School gives me the opportunity to enter college as a sophomore or junior instead of a freshman. I would also advise my senior self to read more and learn to love to read because majority of college revolves around reading books. I would also advise myself to enjoy High School so when college starts you don't take advantage of your college education. Your college education is very important and failing one class can really ruin your GPA and it will be extremly hard to raise it back up. However, college is a wonderful experience and everyone should get the chance to experience the College life.

The limited amount of classes for my major degree being offered.

Lisa

Advice to my high school self: * Confidence -- I would tell myself to have confidence in myself because there is nothing more attractive and comforting than someone that has a good amount of self confidence. NOT cocky, but comfortable in my own skin. Love your body. I think it is something that high school students, and unfotunately college students struggle with every hour. I feel like if I had started training in high school I would've have had a head start. * Slow down - I was one in high school that took on a lot. I don't regret it because every club, sport, church function etc taught me invaluable lessons, but it just went by SO fast. High school seems so BIG in the moment, but it really is just a blink of an eye looking back. I wish someone would have told me to stop and enjoy the moment a little more. * Encourage everyone - Some people say that their high school years were the worst of their life. I wish I recognized that they were having a hard time and encouraged them more. Told people how special they are. Kind words last a lifetime. Thank you!!

Ivana

Going back I would tell myself to not let my worry about the hardships that come along with transitioning into college and adult life, stop me from enjoying all the wonderful things that come along with it as well. I would tell myself to apply for scholarships sooner than I think I need to. And I would tell myself that its ok to ask people for help when you need it because it is harder and more stressful to try and deal with all of it on your own than letting some pride go and getting help.

Gabriella

The advice I would give myself would start by completing all four years in the girls soccer team. The beat feeling in the world to me was playing on that filed with great teamates by my side, knowing that I can trust them nlt only on the field but as friend. Being part of a team, club or any school social program could open so many doors for you. Enjoying the time you have on great activities with great people around does not come so often. Finding out where you feel comfortable and decide that this is what you enjoy. Do not think it over and just do that brave move and go for it, because we really don't know how quickly timw flies and we don't want to be think of what could of happened instead of what did happen. Make it your greatest memory not your biggest regret.

ilse

UT Brownsville has highly qualified professors who provide a fun and learning environment.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to enjoy college. I would tell myself to not take any breaks and attend the summer sessions. Another important thing I would say would be to ask more than one person for help and not trust the advisors 100%. I would suggest to be aware of what the requirements for each course are to not fall behind for not asking. I would encourage myself to never give up and that it gets better as the semesters pass. I would also suggest to seek for help when not understanding an assignment. Most importantly there is NEVER a dumb question and you will be able to do it!

The best thing about my school would have to be my professors, because of them I have learned great things that will help me in the future.

Francisco

What is most unique about this school is the fact that it is close to home. My family and I have lived here for many yaers, and leaving this town behind would of been tough for me. What is also unique about my school is the size of the classrooms. Since they are not too big, professors can interact more with their students. I think this is very important not only for us the students, but also for the professor. The other schools I had considered were major universities, therefore, this would have not been available.

The kind of people that should not attend this school are people that do not like to work hard. Since classrooms in this school are smaller, professors expect more from students and learning the material is also very much expected. As a result, one has to work hard in order to not disappoint your professors and, most importantly, not disappoint yourself. Not only this, the work assigned is very demanding in some classes. Long hours are going to be required in order to complete the assignments, therefore, a hardworking student is nedded.

Absalon

I would tell my self to excel more, to put a bit more effort into every sinlge task. To work harder and try to be one of the top ten percent. And never give up, becuse even if things seem to be lost, theirs always a chance to make it and excel.

Lack of college/university information, their's nobody to help you to excel in education, and very poor class organization given by staff.

Texas Southmost College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.