Texas Southmost College

« See more reviews of Texas Southmost College

UTB-TSC has given me the opportunity to receive several scholarships to continually help me achieve my educational goals. As a result, I was invited to be a student speaker in September 2011 to the Scorpion Endowed Scholarship Dinner. I have continued to contribute to my community and the university by participating in activities with the ASPIRE program. I have added volunteering at the Brownsville Adult Literacy Center to help adult students like myself better their English speaking and writing skills. Since I can personally relate to the struggle of learning a new language.

The University of texas at Brownsville is known for best in excellence. Utb is an institution that provides affordable and high quality education. It is also known as being the best suitable school option for students who want higher education without having to go out of their own home or are very limited and can't go further out of the city. Also, Utb is committed to its student and students demands and appreciates their social, cultural, and economic life. It is the only university in the south of texas where the best go for seeking the best in education.

Our school is best know for the Fort Brown because it is on the the actual Fort Brown where the Mexican and American Revolution took place. It is also where Dr. Goras did all his studies on yellow fever. It was here where Dr. Gorgas discovered that it was the mosquito that caused the the yellow fever and was able to create a cure for it. Furthermore, the UTB campus is still growing and registration has increase by about 2000 students in the last year. We have student with different ethnic backgrounds. At UTB we are no respector of men.

UTB is best known for NASA Center for Gravitational Wave and Astronomy. This center is located in the physics and astronomy building which allows you to see the shining stars of space. This center is also a lab which gives students the chance to be part of the international research. What this program helps you by, is to experience the rush of being a real astronomer. This center or lab helps you in the Sciences if considering for it to be your major. This university sure offers you a chance to observe the STARS.

My school is known for having a great community. Our whole area works together to get people that live here an education. All of the schools in this area work together to help out the students. There is another university about an hour away, and they just formed some kind of alliance, to make it once school. Also, our school is right next to the border of Mexico, so there's a very nice culture change from what you normally see in the US.

A lot of what the school is known for is it's sports, but it has become more common that it be known for it's research. The research portion of our institution is growing dramatically, and seeing as how I'm a biological sciences major I really do benefit from all of the opportunities. We are particularly well known for our Astronomy department, becuase we house one of the largest radio telescopes in the world.

My school is mainly known for having the best volleyball team in the nation. It is also known for some of the most remarkable students and staff that attend and have graduated from The University of Texas at Brownsville. It is a place known for their caring students and staff that do not allow students to feel stressed out about school and extend a helping hand.

My university is best known for being the close to the border of Mexico and being very good at soccer we are just all around the best competitors;) I think you have to experience it by coming down here to understand why UTB will blow your mind!!It is a beauitful huge campus newly remodeled buildings and lots of parking.

My school is best known for its sense of community. Here in Brownsville, almost everyone knows each other or knows someone who knows each other. It is a very supporting community. There are many programs and services the school offers to help. Everyone is very helpful around campus.

The University of Texas at Brownsville is known for its culture diversity since it is located near the mexican border. It is also known for it women's volleyball team that just won NATIONALS this year!! Also for the strong men and women soccor teams.