Texas Southmost College

« See more reviews of Texas Southmost College

Elderly visitors bird sightsee at UTB, a flourishing campus. Unlike universities of major cities, UTB has no skyscrapers. Instead, it has towering palm trees, rich, green landscapes of arboreal, grass, blooming flowers, and fluttering yellow and light blue birds, on land. Below the water surface there are ducks, white swans, and turtle families. This company comes to the water surface at UTB while students are studying on campus. Glistening rivers enrich the soil and are crossed above by bridges, giving students outstanding scenery at UTB. UTB is unique since it is the southernmost university of the United States of America.

The unique thing about my school is relatively affordable to attend. Moreover, there are variety of scholarships available both competitive and non-competitive. I believe finance had been a major stumbling block for most youths in order to fulfill their destinies. My school made financial aid as a major focal point to work on in order to get youths back to school because, if students had a less worry about financial aid (tution, books and accomodation), there will be a larger number of productive graduates, which eventually turns to a better society and good for economy at large.

The University of Texas at Brownsville (UTB), in fact is a new university established at 1993. UTB has one of the strongest Chess program in the entire nation. Talking about Sports, UTB women’s volleyball team won the national championship on 2011. UTB has a beautiful mixture between the Mexican and American culture because of the close contact with Mexico. I know that UTB is not as big as UTA or UTSA but I have the same educational level for a cheaper price. In fact, I love UTB because I feel the warmth of the wonderful Mexican culture.

What is most unique about this school is the fact that it is close to home. My family and I have lived here for many yaers, and leaving this town behind would of been tough for me. What is also unique about my school is the size of the classrooms. Since they are not too big, professors can interact more with their students. I think this is very important not only for us the students, but also for the professor. The other schools I had considered were major universities, therefore, this would have not been available.

What is unique to my school is the culture. The University of Texas at Brownsville being in a border town creates a unique culture and set of practices. I have lived in several different places within the United States and never before have I encountered such a culture. There is a mixture of every culture here. There is a sense of acceptance in Brownsville that I have never before experienced. Because of such a diverse culture group, peer acceptance is easily found. This is why I chose UTB.

The University of Texas at Brownsville is unique simply by the people that surround it. Everyone is very friendly and the campus is easy to get around. Everyone is always willing to help. There are many traditions and events that take place every year that are not seen or experienced in other schools. A lot can be told by the fact that UTB is the southmmost college in Texas. With it comes the diversity in cultures from both Mexican and American people.

The school I'm attending is great, becuase it worked with me on transferring my associates degree from a technical school. It accepted my associates, and replaced theirs with it. It also accepted my academic core from the techinical school and replaced theirs. I'm not saying you shoulnd't take them at the university, but I didn't have the funds available at the time. So if you find yourself in a similar situation it might be a great fit for you!

The University l has amazing people and the campus in a way feels like a second home. Before the school started I was scared because I had the mentality that the people where very serious and mean. When the semester started I noticed that the people where very nice and when you need help they are there for you. The campus itself makes you feel at home, they offer many activities that help you relax after a hectic day.

The university of Texas at Brownsville is a Hispanic serving institution, so you see the sort of comraderie that comes with that. People here are very friendly and eager toh elp one another, so it's a good backbone for a difficult class or something similar. You find that all of the architecture sticks to one theme, and I also like that about UTB - you have a home-y feeling and it's really quite lovely.

What I find unique about this school would have to be the professors. They are all differnent and what I really like is that they all seem to have a broad knowledge of whatever it is they are teaching. I feel that with the professors I have had, I now have greater understanding of the Degree I will be receiveing. They make me feel confident in myself and what it is I will earn my degree in.