Texas Southmost College

« See more reviews of Texas Southmost College

The university of Texas at Brownsville accepts any individual who wants to futher their education. The university is four miles away from my house and that is very convinient for me. The university of Brownsville is a good school dedicated to educate anyone who is willing to take that determination. Being that Brownsville is right next to the border of Mexico, I wish that we would of had more security to protect all the people attending the university. Not only the staff and personell, but the students as well. Overall, UT Brownsville is a great school.

The transfer from High School to a University is overwhelming. As a teen, my parents were my backbone for any situtation, responsibility and time management were no where to be found in my dictionary. Now as an adult, all I have wished to know, I have acquired through out my pursuit of knowledge at The University of Texas at Brownsville. Not only has this University helped me broaden my knowledge, it has also served to implement certain criteria, such as time management, responsibilty and values into my personal agenda.

Before attending UTB other students rating would have been very helpful. Most people talk negatively of colleges because people only reach out to the public to complain about issues. If there was a website which would allow users to rate their school then schools would work harder to accomodate and appreciate their students. It's a win-win situation for students and colleges. Colleges would benefit from a higher completion percent because this system would help people find a school thats good for them.

I did not know that the university would help me with my accomodations. The accomodation that I had in high school. I have learn a lot this semester about the university. For example, there are different kinds of disabilities and help on campus for you to succeed. They also have workshops I personally make time to attend all of the workshops because I do learn from them. I did not know that there was a program at the college call A.S.P.I.R.E what they do is guide you through all of your college years.

What do I wish to know before to come to collegue?, how expense is to study in college. But fortunatelly only that I have is the spirit to graduate like registed nurse, find a job and help my children to go to college in the future. I wish to be son of a whelt father, or had win the Texas lottery. or at least to get more paycheck every two weeks. Another of my wish is to had known before, is that the huge amount of new knoldeges were no changed , now for me is another challenge to update them.

I wish I would have known how loans work and how to get free money; not being able to make up your mind about 'what you want to be when you grow up', only adds to the loan debt and the decreasing usage of your lifetime pell grant. Things are way different now that why I started school in 2001, and I can honestly say students were a lot more careless back then than they are now- I was one of them! Existing funding cuts are in place for that purpose- to be used wisely! Don'd waste time, finish!

Honestly, my view on this university were far from nice. I wanted to venture upon a whole new world, and did not want to settle for a local college. However, after receiving notices of acceptance from major universities my ideals seemed to change. None of them took the time to know me, well the real me for that matter and the University of Texas at Brownsville did. Before I attended this university I was close minded and presumptious. My only wish is that I hadn't been so judgemental.

Senior year in high school was the most stressing and demanding period of my teen life. There were so many important tests shoved into my face, it made me believe I had to take,and pass, all of them. SAT, THEA, COMPASS are some examples. However, no one told me that getting commended on my TAKS exam (junior year state exam) would be enough to attend UTB. That minute, yet precious piece of information would have prevented me from wasting countless hours on studying.

When I was in high school, I wish I would have known many things I know now. My advice for high school students that are planning to go to college would be to keep up the good grades. It also a good idea to take Dual or AP classes. During your college years make sure you give it a try to what college offers you. In UTB there are different programs that would help you with your classes, and there are also different activities on campus in which you can participate.

I wish I would have known to make the most of student organizations on campus. When I first got involved in a student organization, I was already a junior on campus. Being involve in the student organization let me get to know a lot of students, faculty and staff on campus that I previously did not know about. Through this networking within the school, I was able to interact a lot more on campus and receive the most that I could out of my college career.