Texas State Technical College Harlingen Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas State Technical College Harlingen

Navillely

The school is great. The professors are good they are always willing to help you out and answer any questions we have. I like that the rooms are a good size and that we are not overly crowded like some major colleges because that gives us the chance to interect with one another and with the professor. I also love that this college has the dental hygiene program because it’s the only college in the Rio Grade Valley that has that program. The closest college aside from tstc in Harlingen that has the dental hygiene program is in San antonio or Corpus Christi so it’s great that this college has this program down here because not everyone can afford to move from their hometown.

Juan

Good college to your basics and maybe get an associates degree. They don't offer much many four year degree plans but they will help you get your basics down and transfer to a four year university. The overall feel is good and would recommend anyone to come here

Mario

Fine, The best thing about this school is being close to home. The campus is impressive, but the staff leave something to be desired... For example, I'm in the tool and die program and it appears the some of our machines are in the Waco campus... The board doesn't want to pay the shipping.... This mentality is rampant through out the campus, I'm sure the department I'm in isn't the only one dealing with this.

victoria

TSTC is a great college for those who live nearby to begin and finish basics. Staff members provide positive service to other staff members and students. It has improved social communications through media and new programs. I experienced myself to also achieve academically and socially.

Karla

TSTC at Harlingen is really affordable, living on or off campus. They offer online classes which makes it easier for students to have a flexible schedule. They also have a University Center that you can visit anytime to talk about transferring your courses to any of their school partners.

Katie

It's a good place to start off your higher education. Most the professors are understanding and helpful. Night classes always had me on end. Day classes are great. There's usually security walking or driving by. The online assistance is probably easier than going in person to speak with staff. Most of the staff is kind and tries their best to help you out and point you in the right direction. I overall enjoy my attendance on this campus and would still recommend it.

Sharon

I have enjoyed being a TSTC - Harlingen student. There's local people there that I either personally know, or have seen before. I've never had anyone look at me in a wrong way. All of the students and staff that I have encountered there are extremely helpful and friendly.

Alain

My opinion about Texas state technical college is that it's a great place to learn and it's a great place for people with low income. You learn a great amount with sucknlittle time and theres always opportunities for you even after graduation. The campus is always clean and if you ever need any assistance theres always someone to assist you for directions. As an overall is a friendly and safe place to be.

Justice

Texas State Technical College- Harlingen is a pretty good school. It's a great place to receive an education fro a technical career and especially great for finishing up the General Core. TSTC is very affordable and I definitely recommend it to anyone wh9o want to receive a quality education for a great price.

Jackie

TSTC is a great community college. The people there are so helpful and loving. The school is really nice and easy to get around. The professors are so helpful with students. TSTC has so many options of different programs that a person can be interested in for their future.

Kimberly

Texas State Technical College located at Harlingen is a very comforting and welcoming campus. Most students are there to get the Basic Courses out of the way and will offer other students help. They have tutoring located upstairs if someone is lacking academically as well as the teachers who offer their office hours to anyone. The campus holds monthly activities for anyone to join in such as pool table competitions and green garden planting. I would recommend this community college to anyone who needs a helping hand and who are also limited on money.

Jaaziel

It’s great

Tiffany

Great and extremely affordable school! I did my academic core there and all my classes were affordable as well as textbooks. The professors were always accessible during their office hours as well as after class. I have had some of the best professors ever at Texas State Technical College. Although I do recommend this to work on their advising departments and make their employees there more informed on things like transferring out to different schools, as well as create a system where students will be able to send their official/unofficial transcripts electronically to a different school.

Angel

My overall opinion of TSTC is they are a great school. I love how small they are this does make it feel more personal . Overall I do enjoy being there and would not go to any other college. I have recommended this school to many friends and will continue to do so. For the most part the instructors are very nice and willing to go above and beyond.

Yvonne

Overall, TSTC is a good way to save money before heading off to a bigger college or University and you feel comfortable around people who live in the same area. You get many chances to get help throughout your courses and professors are always ready to help too.