Sweetwater, TX
Texas State Technical College-West Texas

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Texas State Technical College-West Texas

Gissell

The experience was not very good a social person should not go to this college there was no extra activities or groups to join. The college was very simple, however, everyone was super nice they help you on being successful in whatever you needed. The culinary arts program needs some work .

Lori

Everyone is extremely friendly and always ready to help with anything you need. They are will you help point you in the right direction to make sure you can go to college. I always feel welcomed there. Texas State Technical College is and always will be my number one choice.

Madison

If I could visit with myself as a high school senior I would tell myself how important it is to take advantage of all the resources available to me. I would have more conversations with my counselor and with my teachers, who were very dedicated to helping me find the right college. I would push myself harder to make better grades and take as many college classes as possible, not only are they less expensive but are taught by a teacher who knows me personally. I would also take a college day to explore the different campus' I was interested in, allowing me to learn more about the different student activities available at each college. I would also explore the churches in the area, so that I would be surrounded by a good group of friends. I would get a part time job so that I would have money saved up to buy things that I needed for college. Lastly, I would spend more time asking my parents for important life advice. I would learn how to cook more foods, and how to balance a busy schedule.

They have a wonderful staff! I love how genuine the staff are about my individual education. I really feel like they care about me and my future! Everyone is very helpful and eager to answer any questions that I have!

I believe that anyone that attended TSTC would have a great experience! The college has a personal feel to it, and around ever corner you turn there is someone willing to help you. I have met many different people, from very diverse backgrounds at TSTC.

Angela

If I was given the oppertunity to go back in time to my high school years and talk to myself advice about college life and making the transition I would say to not drop out of high school and take as many transferable credits as available.

The worst aspect about this school is that it is unable to schedule my classes closer together. I have 3 to 4 hour breaks between classes and live in Abilene so basically I'm stuck!

The kind of person that should attend this school are the same as any college....one whom wants to further their education and is wiling to work hard to achieve their goals.

The advice I would give myself would be to go to a technical college and take all your basic classes and then go to a college to take your major classes needed for the degree you are working towards. I say this because I went to a 4 year college for one semester which cost me out of pocket $4,400.00. So now I am attending a technical college which is more affordable and I feel like I've learned alot more in 3 semesters than what I learned in one semester through a 4 year college.

That I had to pay $1200.00 for not being a resident of that state for at least a year.

The fact that african students get their schooling paid for in full.

Marcus

A mix of younger and older, non-traditional students often looking to bolster their current education or start entirely new careers while working full or part-time.

TSTC uses a variety of methods to teach classes, from physical to online courses; they've even taught classes in Second Life.

Do not worry about whether you have the intelligence to succeed. Persistence rather than pure smarts is the goal to making it through college with good grades. You will often feel like you are flying by the seat of your pants, but if you stick with it you will make it through. Facts can be learned, technique can be improved, but persistence must be there from the very beginning. Aside from persistence, however, there are a few skills I would suggest that you brush up on now if you have the time. First, practice writing. So many other weaknesses can be made up for if your writing is professional and compelling. Like anything else in life, the best way to write better is to write often. Second, learn to budget your time. There simply is no other way to succeed in college than to place limits on some of the things you want to do. It is a sacrifice, but it will pay off in the end. Also, remember to have some fun! This is a unique time in your life; you will meet opportunities that you will never have again. Do not let them pass you by.

Texas State Technical College-West Texas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.