Texas State University Top Questions

Brenda

We have a statue of the president Lyndon B. Johnson ( he attended Texas State University) in our student quad and when you have a big text coming up, you are supposed to shake his hands for good luck! :)

Hayden

My school is best known for the level of pride at which we graduate our students with. Our school spans a history of great and strong alumni such as that as past president LBJ. Our school is known for graduating the next best person in their given career field. Our campus is known for honest hard work and showing with just that you can achieve your wildest dreams. Our campus is known for success. Texas State is known for excellence.

berlin

Texas State is known for the accepting nice students that attend. I have been welcomed to a warm community where diveristy is welcomed. Another thing the school is known for is the surrounding area. The river is an attraction that the students love as well as being close to two major cities with a lot of activites going on.

Zachary

Texas State is best known as the "Rising Star of Texas."

Efrain

Texas State is known for different things but the one thing I love them most it is its communication studies program. I went into college unsure of what I wanted to do but Texas State sold me on its communication studies degree because its one of the best in the world. Texas State gets different visitors t want to see how its 1310 intro to communications cores is run because it’s been so successful in the past. Oxford University from England even took an interest in it and explored why it has been so successful.

Devin

Formerly, Texas State was known as a party school (back when it was Southwest Texas State). Now, it's becoming more renowned for activities centered around the clean, accessible San Marcos River as well as a burgeoning center for research.

Oscar

Texas State has not casted off the party hard representation that people know it to be. Regardless of the constant renaming of the university, Texas State is viewed in a negative manner by those who strive for academic knowledge. I know of this unversity in a different manner. While I cannot deny that there are people who like to party here, I believe your education is what you make of it. To myself, Texas State is best known for its fiery will to strive for improvemnt, and that makes it a college worth attending.

Lakeisha

I have no clue

Ryan

It is known for its student's work ethic and great place to be.

My school is proably best known for it's alumni President Lyndon B. Johnson and George Strait. It started out as a small teaching school, but ever since has grown into a the fifth largest school in Texas. It's well liked because of it's proximity to Austin and San Antonio, both are popular fun cities in Texas. Texas State is also well known for it's diversity and large hispanic population.

Taylor

Professors that care about their students.

Bethany

Texas State University is located on the banks of the San Marcos River which provides students with recreational and leisure activities, such as swimming and tubing, throughout the year. The river runs through the majority of campus and is one of the most beautiful universities in the State of Texas. The faculty at the McCoy College of Business go above and beyond their administrative duties inside as well as outside of class if additionlal help is needed. Any college can be a party school; however, there are many dedicated and intelligent students at Texas State University that do not drink.

Our history department is one of the best in the state. And the environment of the school is on of a kinda the river that runs through the school and town is home to many specific and/or endangered species.

Tanner

I think our school is best known for being college that the president LBJ went to. This school is also one the best cheapest colleges in Texas.

Anastasia

Texas State is best known for its teaching program.

David

My school is best known for the beautiful city it is located in. Texas State is located in San Marcos, which is home to the refreshing spring fed San Marcos River that cuts through the rolling hills that surround our campus. If anyone mentions Texas State University, the inviting environment of San Marcos comes to mind.

Jenna

I think this school is best known for the out going people and a very nice campus.

Kelsey

When people mention Texas State the first thing that comes to mind is business. Texas State has a huge business program and are proud of it. They treat business majors like royalty but don't let that fool you because the courses are quite difficult.

Casey

I think Texas State is looked at as a party school, but is best known for its diversity. Honestly you can find partying at any school so I wouldn't make that the reason for coming here.

Glynn

Unfortunately for a great deal of its history TXST has been known as the most wild party school in Texas, and that fame still lingers here. However, the school has and still is progressing far beyond that reputation and will most definitely soon become recognized as one of the top academic schools in Texas. Many of our programs have nation-wide acclaim. Our Geography department is considered the best in the nation. Our Communication Design program is among the top 29 Graphic Design programs in the nation and our Teaching program is among the top three in the nation.

Texas State is right in between Austin and San Antonio, so it is well known for being a suit-case university. Everyone goes to those cities when they want to have fun.

Alexis

Texas State University is best known for the only president to graduate from a Texas college: Lyndon B. Johnson.

Melissa

Buliding sports arenas for sports teams that nobody goes to see.

Juliana

Texas State University is best known geographic location on the San Marcos River which provides numerous advantages. The river is a natural landmark filled with beauty and is thriving with dozens of endangered species which serve the Geography Department. It also serves as a weekend activity for those who enjoy swimming, tubing, snorkeling and scuba diving.

Rebecca

The teacher education program

Unfortunately, for the past few years Texas State has been thought of as a party school. However, it should be known for its ethnic diversity and strong school spirit. We have numerous organizations and clubs that promote and celebrate diversity. Every Friday we have "spirit day" where all of the students wear our school colors to class. It is a great sight to see!

Megan

Texas State University is best known for its proximity to the rivers. Whenever our school hosts competitions it's always a treat to see all the visitors staring at all the sunbathing college kids in their swimsuits and saying "It's just like a movie. I didn't know things like this existed in real life."

Kristian

Teaching School

Cullen

Texas State is known as the best Geogrphy school in Texas. In sports Texas State is great at almost everything, and we have one of the best Cheerleading programs in the nation. San Marcos is a little happy town that revolves around the river that runs through it. Most people are nice and are happy to help.

Rachael

I think my school is known for its fun atmosphere and the river that runs through the campus. We are a slowly building school that is good if your the type of person that has never been far away from home. I live three and a half hours away and I am able to go home if I wanted to but there's always something to do on the weekend if I want.

Dylan

Texas State Students express their spirit at a University Ambassadors meeting through a personalized TX State version of "Jingle Bells."

Amber

It was known as THE PARTY SCHOOL in Texas. I think it might have calmed down a little bit. There are still tons of parties and this school revolves around greek life. Football games are fun to go to. The tail-gating is a must. The basketball games are also a blast. Texas State is known for all of it's hills! In the summer you will sweat to death and in the winter you will freeze trying to get to class!

Dorissa

Texas State is best known for physical therapy and our geology department.

Chelsi

Being a serious school, but the students know how to have a good time. There is always something going on in the quad , or just anywhere on campus.

Alex

It was known for partying but now im not sure what it is known for.

Honestly, its known for being a "party school".

Kristina

I think that my school is best known for its community. There is a big emphasis on community involvement and community service. People here are really friendly and are always lending a helping hand. For example there are many volunteer tutors and other volunteer aids.

Victoria

Texas State is probably best known for being laid back and everyone enjoying life, while living in this small town.

Texas State University is best known for having fun and being sociable. Our college welcomes everyone, and we strive to make all people feel comfortable and at home here.

Spencer

Texas State- San Marcos is renowned for the river that flows through campus and all the activity along the river. It is a beautiful place to go to college, and almost everyone is good about keeping the town of San Marcos green, as there are a lot of environmentally-conscious people.

Stacy

The education program (teaching) and partying.

Erinne

Bobcats

Kristin

Our school is best known for our teachers progams. It used to be a "normal school" just for teachers. Many teachers go through this school and get an awesome education. We are also known for out intense hills, the lovely clean river, and our wild parties.