Texas State University Top Questions

Brennen

People don't take care of the campus. I see trash all over the place, the meal halls are dirty and the like. It's terrible because Texas State would be so beautiful if the students and faculty took care of it.

Ihyanna

No matter how hard you try you cannot fully prepare for it. You won't know how big the wave will be until it hits you.

Jose

The worst thing about my school is that they do not buy back their books. So much for getting back your money.

People underestimate my school. People think it is not as good as other schools in Texas.

Living on-campus kinda sucked. If you decide to live on-campus, do not pick Tower or Sterry Hall. They have no privacy, they're kinda rundown, and Sterry has a(LOUD!) in-room PA system that the RA's use to talk at you every day. Tower has water heater issues that make showering an icy ordeal, especially near the top floors.

berlin

To be honest I think personally the worst thing is the hills. After a while you get use to them but at first they kill my calves. Hills are never fun for me.

Sirena

The worst thing about this school is the bad reputation it has acquired. Its known as a party school when its not necessairly true. Of course there is parties that occur everyweekend just as there would be at any university. Also they say that many students drop out because of the excessive parties, if you put yourself in that situation then of course thats going to happen. I believe there is as much partying here than there is at any other university.

Marie

The food is not so great.

Moriah

Texas State University does not have any bad qualities, but if I were to choose something, I would say that the stairs are the worst part about the school. Walking to class with only 10 minutes in between can be a hassle with all those stairs.

Jaimi

It's harder as an older student to make friends, since most of the student body are so young.

I consider the transportation system around campus to be the worst part of my Texas State experience. If a student is need of using the bus system, they are in danger of being late to class/work, not finding adequate seating, and there is a lack of marked bus stops on the route(s). Most students wait over 20 minutes for a bus, and longer if the bus happens to be full on arrival to the bus stop.

THERE IS NO WHERE NEAR ENOUGH PARKING ON CAMPUS FOR STUDENTS. parking on our campus is generally awknolwdged as our biggest problem.

Marlene

The worst thing about Texas State would be the parking and the construction. Too much construction is going on and it takes up some of the little bit of parking spaces there actually are.

Shaphan

I love Texas State University in San Marcos, TX!! I really can't think of a worse thing about this school. But if I had to choose one thing, it would be the construction all around campus; but it's all for a us to have and attend a better college, so what else can I say? It's only beneficial.

Sheldon

The worst thing about Texas State is the the very small, but very present portion of the student population who insist on partying and joining their group/cause/fraternity instead of treating college life like the opportunity it is.

Parking. There are no available spots for students who live off campus.

The worst thing about my school was the dorm I lived in that was assigned to me. It had a moldy smell and problems in the bathroom. When I asked them to be fixed, it took at least a month and a call from my roommates mom to get it done. On another occasion I asked that the stopped up shower be fixed and was told to use the shower at the rec center. I then told them I would fix it myself with some tools , a snake and a plunger, and they got right on it!

The worst this is the hills mostly when you have classes across campus from each other it takes a little while to walk that far, but then again you do get great calves! Also when dealing with finacial aid office make sure you have ALL day.

I would consider the worst thing about Beloit College is the surrounding town of Beloit. The town does not offer much for college students in regards to entertainment and options after graduation. There is very little in the terms of amusement in the town for college students. Any entertainment is put on through the college. Other than events put on by the college it is necessary to travel at least an hour to find any relevant type of activity to the nearest city. Also there are a very slim number of job opportunities after graduation in the town of Beloit.

Muctarr

The Finacial aid do not give decent info

Dustin

I would say The worst thing about the school is the transit system. There simply is just not enough buses running the routes. The timing of the buses doess not cordinate well with the scheduling of the classes. When the buses do come around to pick students up from thier off campus apartments they are often way overcrowded forcing students to wait for a second or third bus which can make students late for thier classes and cuts into thier study time. They are transporting most of the off campus students on buses.

The worst thing about my school was the lack of on-campus living areas for families. As a newlywed, it was difficult to acquire on-campus housing for a new family.

Anja

The size of the campus is proving to be a difficult adjustment for me.

I do not have many negative things to say about Texas State University. The main thing I can complain about is the food - plain and simple. The food offered on campus is good, for a while anyway. Chick-Fil-A, Panda Express, and burgers almost everyday is not the best things to be eating, nor is it very tasty everyday either.

I think that the only negative part of my university is that it is considered a "party school". This isn't necessarily bad, but this stigma attracts many students who are attending just for the parties, so it can be hard to focus on school work when peer pressure to go to parties all the time is so great.

Probably the worst thing about my school is the parking situation. It is difficult to find a parking place close to your dorm.

Every girl looks about the same. Every girl has bleach blond hair, Abercrombie clothes, and fake tans. They are extremely "clicky". There are very few girls/guys who take advantage of looking different. I feel very uncomfortable wearing anything but name brand clothing....however...I'm 27. I am too old to be wearing clothes as such. I often feel like I stick out like a sore thumb.

Thats easy...Texas State is great except for the awful parking situation. There is no where for commuters to park for free. Either we have to walk a mile and climb a mountain to get to class if we want to park for free or we can choose to pay 4 dollars an hour to park in the parking garage of our choice.

Cassie

I think my school could attract more students and better athletes if we competed at a higher level and division. I see the enthusiasm at this school, the students are proud to be a Bobcat, however there is always room for improvement. I want Texas State to be considered a difficult school to get into and remain in, not just a party school. Texas State has great professors, and smart students, the "party image" needs to decline in order to attract the right kinds of individuals.

Kristine

The worst thing about the school is just parking and the number of freshman they allow in when there is not enough room. This puts the returning students at a disadvantage of getting kicked off campus.

The only negative I have is that we do not have the necessary shuttle service from a university our size. We keep growning more and more every year and yet the shuttles stay the same. We need more.

Lace

The worst thing about Texas State University is that, because it is so big, its very difficult to do things, such as register for classes, or make appointments, or even go to the dining halls or the recreational center, sometimes it is just so crowded, you just need to leave and come back later.

One word: Hills. Texas State University is located in the hill country just south of Austin, Texas. While the scenery is breath taking, the whole campus is build on stairs and concrete. The lack of greenery on campus leaves something to be desired. On the other hand, with over 3,000 stairs, every student is blessed with an amazing pair of calves.

Kirby

Texas State University is just now becoming a larger, well known school in Texas. Many students only go there because they did not get into the University of Texas or Texas A&M. This has caused the students to not have very much pride in their school. Instead they consider themselves Longhorns who just go to another school. This lack of pride is hard on the athletics because not many fans show up to the games. If Texas State wants to be on the same level as UT it needs to have more school pride.

Cindy

The worst thing about my school is how many hills there are. When you first arrive it is very tiring, but after some months you get used to it and it's not as bad.

Patricia

The worst thing about this school is the parking. I live in Round Rock and fortunately have a satellite campus here, but we share the campus with a community college and parking is difficult. The main campus in San Marcos has little to no parking, and while riding a shuttle is economical and good for the environment, the time it takes to get to class is horrible.

Khassi

They are hostile to low income students.

The worst thing about my school, I think is that we do not have enough music practice rooms for all of the music students here. There are so many music students in the music building and it is very hard to get a practice room to study because we can?t practice in our dorms and apartments. It would be very beneficial for the students to have a place of our own to practice our art in peace without disrupting anyone else.

The worst thing about my school is the amount of aimless drinking. I have seen too many students who drink to get completely drunk every night of the weekend, and it effects their friendships and grades. Texas State is a big party school, and I like to party, but a lot of the kids don't know how to control their drinking. I see a lot of future alcoholics at my school.

Too hot in the summer

Garrett

I really don't know of any downside to this university. From the coursework to the extra services provided the university has exceeded all of my expectations.

There really isn't any one thing that stands out as "bad" about Texas State. If I had to pick something that is not as good as it should be, though, it would be the lack of parking. Parking tends to be a problem around campus for everyone; students and teachers alike, and the campus parking services ar not very forgiving of those who park in areas they are not supposed to, even if they are just trying to make it to class without being late.

The worst thing about Texas State University is that there are not alot of job opportunities on-campus. This is because there are so many students that attend Texas State and not enough jobs to help each student with funds.

The worse thing about my school is all of the hills and steps to get anywhere on campus. It's was quite a work out when I lived at the bottom on Campus this past year. This upcoming term I'll be living on a higher spot on campus so I'll be going downhill to classes but uphill home. It makes for good exercise though I suppose.

The number of parking spots on campus, because there aren't a lot and they are usually full from Sunday to Thursday, which is when school is in session.

The worst thing about my school is that there is not enough parking available to the students. We pay a large amount for our parking permits but in the end we are forced to park far from where we have class or from where we reside due to limited parking. If you live off campus it is best that you get to campus early enough to find parking or else you will be forced to park far away.

Nothing.

Isaac

the worst part of our campus is that there is a lot of construction which makes it hard to get to certain places

There is still this idea that Texas State is a "party school." However, our school has had many academic achievements and the students are also very focussed on starting a successful career here.

The hours/ availability of certain student services. The health center, they sports center, the dining halls do not have the best availability offered to students.