Texas State University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Morrissey

Not sure. Real diverse, i don't believe in stereotypes.

Brenda

We have the big stereotype that Texas State is a huge party school! However I'd like to point out that all colleges have parties ( yes even the christian colleges) so do we party? Yes, we do. Do we party anymore than most colleges? Probably more than those smaller schools because txst is a huge university but we don't do it excessively. Do we know how to have fun without the partying? Duh. Do you have to party if you come to this school? Obviously not.

Kiana

The stereotype is that it's a party school and if you attend Texas State you must party a lot. The stereotype is true to an extent, not everyone parties, it is a college town, so parties are inevitable.

Beth

Latinos run the school. Texas State University is a party school. These stereotypes are not completely accurate. There is a majority of Latino influence, but given on the location (San Marcos) is isn't uncommon and is fortunate. Also, I can understand how the school could be considered a 'party school' but only because there is a big emphasis on sororities/fraternities, but I'm don't think that's is entirely uncommon for a such a large school.

Tiara

Our stereotype is that we are a bunch and drunks. This is not true. Texas State provides a great education.