Texas State University Top Questions

Jose

Procrastinating is frustrating when it's done at the last minute. On campus the only thing frustrating is climbing up the stairs since our school is built on a hill

Jannel

I love everything about, especially the education! The classes are challenging and all worth it because it helps me work towards my degree.

The school is over all the best school. I have no frustrations with this school. They help their students succeed and enjoy their over all college experience.

The college was built on a number oh hills, so walking from one side of campus to the other could be tiresome!

Veronica

The most frustrating thing is the distance combined with the hills. I wouldn't mind walking, but when you have to go up a hill only to go to class at the bottom of the hill is somewhat a bother. All in all, it isn't so bad. The hills do work in building you calf muscle.

The only frustrating part really depends on what school you are in because it can be hard to get the upper level classes you need if you do not meet the requirements in time. Also getting advisors who don't help to prepare you for your field of study to get into the program in enough time isn't helpful.

Cydni

The most frustrating thing about Texas State University is the climb up and down the stairs. Because San Marcos is in the hill country the school is built on top of those hills.

Raquelle

The most frustratinf thing abou Texas State University is the bus. It really is the only major problem I have ever had at this school. Sometimes have had to wait quite a while to get on a bus just to get to campus or back to my apartment. Not really a big issue. Just frustrating at times. Especially if you're running late.

The most frustrating thing about Texas State University is the mentality that certain students have when first coming to Texas State. Some incoming freshmen come to this university hoping to meet others that share their same interest in partying instead of caring about their education. This is only a small group of upperclassmen, but there is a much larger group of first-year students who have this way of thinking. I am excited to meet more upperclassmen this year and see the ones with the interest in only partying leave or grow up.

Lakeisha

How spaced out the campus is

All of the hills

The hills, and large population.

The food that is offered on campus.

Sheldon

The most frustrating thing about Texas State is the bureaucracy. If you want anything to be done, from registering for classes to getting a copy of your diploma, you have to go through days of people searching. holding on calls, transfers, forms, forms, and forms.

The parking spaces for students.

The lack of parking is the most frustrating thing about my school.

Them most frustrating thing about my school is that there it is difficult to find a parking spot even for visitors. Also, maybe that there is no variety of food some times.

The student body is at a record high, so parking can be a challenge if you live off campus, additional planning of your time schedule should be considered. Texas State University is referred to being a party school; however, any college can be a party school it depends on the student. There are many dedicated and intelligent students at Texas State University which do not appreciate that affiliation.

Sabrina

In the beginning resources are hard to come by and utilize, however after navigating through the online courserooms and learning the environment things were a little easier to find.

Brionne

The lack of ethnic diversity. Also, the History program is pretty weak.

So far I have enjoyed my experience at Texas State. If I had to come up with a negative comment...I would say the dorms are not equiped well enough with heating and A/C. To cold in the winter. Other then that, it has been a wonderful experience, so far.

Krystal

The most frustrating thing about my school, is the stairs! There are just too many around campus. They may be a good workout, but there are days when you're feeling ill and dont have the strength to climb up and amount of stairs or any size hills. I don't think there is any way to improve this situation but if there was, it would be nice.

Transfer credit. I have a long transcript from many schools, and they've proved reticient about trying to bend to give me a chance to find equivalencies. From the perspective of a non-traditional student, this university spend a lot of time concentrating on teaching students how to get jobs. From a state school perspective, I certainly like this school. I've been to worse.

justin

The most frustrating thing would be that somehow everything seems to be uphill. I dont know how it happens but it always seems that my next class is just up the hill.

It is very frustrating that the admission standards are not higher. It seems that anyone is accepted and we are very over crowded. Since my freshman year our student population has grown tremendously so classes are much larger and the students being accepted do not seem to be serious about their studies.

I would have to say the most frustrating thing about Texas State University is the little amount of time there is to get from class to class. The campus is sprawling and we are not given enough time to get from one end to the other.

I would have to say if there is a down side to Texas State Univeristy in San Marcos it would have to be the bad rap that it gets. I hear so many people talk about how San Marcos is good for nothing but a drug point between Austin and San Antonio. This is an amazing school, with great teachers and some of the friendliest students you can meet. Though there is partying and drinking here, you can find that at just about every college and university in the country.

Noemi

The most frustrating thing about the school I suppose would be the fact that I am having to retake a few of the classes I transferred with because my old school did not have a lab component and this one requires it. So far I have had to retake two of them.

Ernest

The most frustrating thing about Texas State University is the parking situation. The spaces are very limited. The parking garages are difficult to manuever through in any vehicle larger than a small car.

I would say that the most frustrating thing about Texas State University is how many students attempt to make an economical difference on campus but many others find it hard to help out. For example, in many of the dining halls on campus there are cans set up for paper, plastic, and left over food; this is along with a regular trash can. I wonder how people can throw away half a meal rather than scraping it off into the left over food bin. I just wish everyone would do their share.

That its becoming more focused on sports then academics

The most frustrating thing about my school are the hills that you have to hike to get from class to class. Luckily, there is a bus that loops around the campus that you can take but sometimes this just isn't an option. In the middle of summer Texas heat, you can get pretty sweaty trying to get from building to building. On a positive note- they give you great legs.

Veronica

The bus system gets frustrating at times.

Louise

One of my professors has issues with a lot of students.

Leopoldo

Morning classes

Kayln

The hills! During the hot August weather, it's very tiring to walk across campus. Some of the community style dorms need help too, but I think they're working on it. The most frustrating thing on campus is parking. Because our school is growing so quickly we are running out of room and space for parking.

The most frustrating thing I found while I was at Texas State really had nothing to do with the school at all. You are exposed to so much that at least for me it was really hard to pick just one major, I think I changed my major at least 5 times my first year.

Cullen

Like all campuses the parking is cramped. I hear that Texas State is growing larger every year, and on campus dorms are getting a little crouded. I come from a little Bible loving, Conservative town, and San Marcos is consumed by Liberals. At some points I feel out of place.

The most frustrating thing at my school right now is the construction, but when it is finished, it will have been worth it.

The food usually being cold in the cafeteria/buffet dining halls. People not having common courtesy.

Walking up some steep hills to class, and the current consturuction.

It seems like there is a gap between housings. Some dorms are really nice but others can be kind of rough. Parking can be frustrating and there is a strict on campus housing requirement that causes limited dorm spaces and overbooking of dorms.

Temporarily, they are renovating areas of the school and there is alot of construction to better the quality of the school and the construction makes some inconveniences getting around sometimes.

kathleen

Parking for students. This year, it tore up a parking lot with 17 handicap spaces and placed a statue of a bobcat (school mascot) with grass & benches in their place.

This campus while beautiful is very spread out and sits in the middle of the town. The lack of parking beomes a real problem. Sometimes you have to drive around for an hour before you can find parking. These is no parking for visitors. Student/visitors receive parking fines daily.

That It is way cheaper than other schools, but i still have to pay out of pocket for school. I just struggle to support my wife and myself and pay for both of us to go to school.

They are in no way helpful when you are trying to find a job when you graduate.

Perhaps the most frustrating thing is also the thing that will help our campus become more widely noticed. The construction and increase in tuition. The construction is going very smooth and the raise in tuition is to support our football team at its run at division 1 ball. Hopefully one day we will be looked at like we should. This school is great, the education being received is exceptional (had to help friends at UT with same subjects I was taking), and needs more recognition.

The only thing I would say is that many students do not appreciate what a wonderful university this is. There is not as much school spirit as there should be, especially with the University of Texas just a couple of miles away.