Texas Tech University

« See more reviews of Texas Tech University

A school is really only as strong as its traditions, and Texas Tech has some of the most unique and fun traditions I've ever seen a school have. Of course there's our hand signal "Guns up" and our slogan "wreck em'" that we say at sporting events and around campus, but Tech also has some unique traditions that you may not be so familiar with. One of my favorite traditions is Raider Gate...the biggest college sponsored party there is. Before selected home football games, Texas Tech SGA brings in live bands and encourages students to tail gate while those who are of age are allowed to drink four hours prior to heading over to the football game to cheer on the Red Raiders. It's so fun, and definitely something that not many colleges do. One of my other favorites is the Carol of Lights. In early December, to kick off the holiday season, Tech invites students and the local community to gather in memorial circle (the heart of campus) and watch as Tech lights 25,000 orange, white, and red Christmas lights on 13 of the main buildings. The Tech Choir sings Christmas carols, and it really gets everyone in the holiday spirit! My other favorite tradition is the masked rider. Texas Tech has an actual horse and rider that gallops across the football field at every home game and some baseball games. It's really awesome to see, and definitely a tradition thats unique to Tech. I've only listed a few, but there are so many other traditions that Tech has. Check them out at http://www.ttu.edu/traditions/ WRECK EM'!

Texas Tech has so many well-known programs and attributes, it is impossible to say what it is best known for. However, many would recognize the school spirit and loyalty of Texas Tech’s students. Go to any football game, rain or shine, and you are guaranteed to see and hear some of the most enthusiastic fans there have ever been. And don’t expect just to see it at football games; at any school event, you can count on rowdy, excited students to make everything more entertaining. Whether you’re naturally loud or more reserved, the enthusiasm is contagious!

Tradition. Texas Tech is firmly rooted in its time-honored traditions. The alumni have upheld those traditions and current students are expected to respect those traditions. I feel that the traditions here are a huge catlyst in bolstering school spirit, and it is something that we take very much pride in. Because of these things, most enrolled students will easily tell you that they go to the best school in the nation. The true sense of what it means to have pride and courage is found in the traditions at Texas Tech University.

I would have to say my school is best known for tradition and school spirit. Any football game you go to there is at least half the student population decked out in red and black paint and the other half is in red and black (the school colors). Regardless of whether or not the team is losing, everyone is on their feet cheering and getting the team going. It's a great experience and gives me goosebumps at every game I attend.

Texas Tech University is best known for its well rounded availability of degrees with high rates of strong graduate candidates in each respective field. Students from TTU are regarded as professional, well trained, and prepared for the degree field in which they graduated. TTU excels at getting students where they need to be and is known for providing large networks of support for students who need it.

You need to study!! I never had to study in high school, so I thought I could get away with not studying. I was proven wrong. Along with getting in trouble with my mom, I was put on academic probation. Now, I am trying my best to raise my GPA and get back on the right track. So, read your assigned reading, complete all of your assignments, make sure to turn everything in and attend all of your classes.

I would say the school is best known for how reguardless of major the students come together and become great friends. When I tell people I go to Tech people will just randomly name off friends of theirs, and usually I have met the person. It is so easy to meet people on campus, you would really have to try not to make friends.

Carol Of Lights is by far my most favorite tradition. You get to go around the university and look at all the pretty lights that the school has put up, plus, there's this massive tree in the middle of campus. It's just absolutely gorgeous. Oh, and you get to hang out with a bunch of friends and laugh and have a good time also.

Every Christmas, we have the Carol of the Lights. This is where the entire student body collectively freezes to death in the cold as we flip the switch to the Christmas Lights. This is right before the semester is over and everyone is freaking out, so the reminder that Christmas is right around the corner is always comforting!

The school , like many school ismost widely known for their football program here. On game days, the entire day town comes together to support their hometown team and present a very fun eviroment. Then when come game time just about the whole town squezzes into the stadium to watch the game and root their favorit team on.