Texas Tech University

« See more reviews of Texas Tech University

I think the most unique thing about my school would have to be its position in the academic field. It is located out in west Texas and is vigorously taking advantage of this by trying to become the leading university in wind energy and engineering. The school already has a renowned wind science center, created after a devastating tornado struck Lubbock, and is diligently working to expand to yet again learn from the wind.

The atmosphere at Texas Tech is so welcoming and diiferent then any other campus I have witnessed. 15 minutes on campus and I knew Texas Tech was right for me. Both the people and campus were fascinating. After attending a semester I dont regret any choice I have made about choosing Texas Tech. The knowldege I have obtained in vast and effiecient. I have witnessed a new style of learning that I had no idea existed.

The art here is amazing. Every first friday of the month, Lubbock has a "First Friday Art Trail." In addition the the FFAT, Texas Tech has some of the most interesting pieces of art and an impressive WW2 memorial. The campus is beautiful. A percentage of the funding for each building goes to placing art in and around the building. If one wants a really pretty campus, he or she should go to Texas Tech.

At Texas Tech University we have a unique school spirit and traditions, such as the annual Carol of Lights and the wrapping of the Masked Rider statue on home football game days. We also have Division I athletics, which many of the other schools I considered did not. Texas Tech also has very great and knowlegeable professors. We also have friendly and outgoing students and staff alike.

All in all Texas Tech is an amazing university that seems to continue to grow. I am very happy with my decision to come here. Tech is incredible and has helped me to really, not only receive an amazing education and also give me a leap forward in my educational and career aspirations, but also grow, mature and laugh just a little bit more. It's true at Tech From Here, It's Possible.

The school I chose has incredible opportunities to get involved with undergraduate research projects in a wide range of science, engineering and other technical fields. This was quite appealing to me, especially considering the increasing importance of undergraduate experience now that the state of the economy has made the search for post-graduation career jobs difficult.

Texas Tech is unique to me because of the size of the classrooms and how much the professors really do care about you. Most of my classes are confined to 30 students. This allows there to be more one on one critiques with your professor. It also allows you to develop a relationship with your professor, so if you need extra help or tutoring they would be willing to do so.

I am enjoying my college experience so much,I have made alot of new friends & am incvolved so much at TTU.THe communtiy is like an extension of the University & they are always ready & willing to help. They First Year College Program was so helpful & really helped me with study habits & such. My fraternity was there to help & really made feel like I belong.

Tech has to be one of the most unique schools I have seen. Not only does it have characteristic spirit and stand-out students, but the programs are great to match its appearance. I am from an entirely different state and even then coming here, I feel at home. People are welcoming and everybody is having fun and determined to work hard at the same time.

Texas Tech is in a city that has very few things to do. To make up for that, Texas Tech is continuously setting up events and get togethers to meet new people and make new friends. They do everything in their power to help one succeed. They allow all students to get into sporting events for free so no student is left out due to their inability to pay.