Texas Tech University

« See more reviews of Texas Tech University

Tell us about the sports scene on campus.

At Texas Tech, football is considered the most important part of the college experience. When asked our school "logo", most students would point to the double-t, our athletic department's emblem, while being completely unaware of the fact that our school has its own crest. During football games, the student section is on its feet the entire game, cheering the whole time. Basketball and other sports are considered very important as well, but football is what most Texans, especially West Texans, live and die by.

Football is life. During football season, practically the entire town shuts down and turns on their TVs - that is if you aren't there or tailgating. There is always a football party complete with hamburgers and french fries. Be sure to not plan on doing anything else during this time.

Saddle Tramps talk about their tradition of wrapping the Will Rogers statue on campus before home football games

Some sweet grills that Red Raider fans use for tailgating before Texas Tech football games.

Texas Tech Red Raider fans show off their grills as they tailgate before a football game.