Texas Tech University Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

Oludolapo

.

Oludolapo

.

Oludolapo

Some of the things student complain about the most include on campus accommodation and the bus system, the school has addressed some of them.

Laekan

In my opinion, the number one complaint by students and parents is the financial aid office. For Texas Tech being such a large University the office is quite small and so is the staff. I have waited countless hours in line at the financial aid office only to be told that they can't answer my question. This is a huge problem because financial aid is a critical resource for so many students and when there is a problem with it, it can be very frustrating. That's another thing, at certain times of the school year, the financial aid office turns into a very hostile place. People only go there and wait in line as a last resort, so by this time they are beyond frustrated and usually really angry. It's important to stay on top of your financial aid and really keep track of how much you should be getting and where that money is. But if you do every have a problem and need to go to the financial aid office keep this very important piece of information in mind: the first person you talk to is never the person who knows the answer to your question. They will act like they do, just so you will leave. But if you're not satisfied with their answer or solution don't hesitate to ask someone else. Ask them for a phone number of someone else you can speak with or ask to speak to someone higher up on the totem pole. This is the best way to ensure that you are getting the correct information but be warned, this will take time. They will give you the run around and you will feel like giving up, but don't. Then they win. And you can't let that happen.