Texas Tech University Top Questions

Tiffany

I love everything about Texas Tech and cannot wait to spend my undergraduate years at Texas Tech. Techs campus is the second largest right behind the air force academy, so the school is a large school but coming from a large high school I am not too worried about that factor. When I tell people that I will be attending Texas Tech in the fall I hear "Guns Up" or "Wreck 'em" these responses just increase my excitement for college.

Katherine

Love the academic and organization part of it but there is way too much partying that always goes on.

Oludolapo

.

Oludolapo

The best thing about Texas Tech University is the quality of education and the social life, it's not too large or too small, it's just the right size. Whenever i tell people i go to Texas Tech they always ask how hard it was to get into it, and that i made a smart choice. I spend most of my time on campus at the Student Union Building relaxing in between classes at one of the lounges or playing ping-pong or pool with friends at the basement. Lubbock is a College town with lots of social events going on every week. My school's administration works closely with the Student government to make the school closer to achieving Tier One status. The biggest recent controversy was the firing of Mike Leach, the Football coach after allegations that he mistreated an injured player. There is a lot of school pride, this can be seen on Fridays or at game days and other school events with students proudly wearing red or black. If there's one thing i would change about the school, it's the amount of dormitories on campus, construction of a new dorm and a dining hall has already begun and hopefully by the fall of 2012 it would be completed. One experience i'll always remember was joining Alpha Omega, a christian organization, the most frequent student complaint is on-campus parking, but steps have been taken to add more parking spots for students. Overall Texas Tech is a nice and affordable place to get a great education and i don't regret choosing it over other schools.

Oludolapo

Taylor

Lubbock is a college town. Every store and restaurant supports Tech because Tech supports those establishments. Without the students, this town would have a much smaller population. Because of this, there is an intense sense of camaraderie and school spirit. If you are interested in football, this is the place for you. Football drives the school. As a bonus, all students get into the football games(and every other sport, for that matter) for free! What other school does that? Overall, this school offers so many opportunities to the students, most of them free of charge. We have free access to the student gym, all of the sports activities, and free events on campus, from movie showings to comedy acts. It's great! Guns Up!

Chinwe

I really do enjoy attending school at Texas Tech. There have been many times where I’ve missed my fast paced life in Dallas, but it is nice to slow things down a bit when I return to Lubbock each semester. There are so many things I love about Texas Tech, but my favorite has to be the amount of school spirit everyone has. People are always wearing the school colors and the Lubbock community is very supportive of the school. Game days highlight all the school spirit displayed by the students, faculty, and community. It’s nice to know people outside of Texas Tech can be so supportive even with three other colleges in the city. Texas Tech has just over 30,000 students. For me, it’s the perfect size. I can make it a day without seeing anyone I know, but on other days I feel as if I’m saying hi to every person I walk by. When I tell people I attend Texas Tech, I usually get asked to explain my reasons for going six hours away from home. Everyone I’ve talked to has responded positively to my reasons for attending Texas Tech. Besides class or one of my many student organizations, I spend a good chuck of my time at the recreational center. It serves as my second home. With all the different workout classes, intramural teams, rock wall, and leisure pool, with a lazy river, it’s not hard to see why I love spending time there. I would consider Lubbock a college town to a certain extent. Lubbock survived before Texas Tech was there and it will survive if Texas Tech decides to leave. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet several people in the school administration. I’ve been able to interact with several Provosts, President Guy Bailey and Chancellor Kent Hance. I enjoy how Dr. Bailey has an open door policy, which I’ve used a couple times. The Mike Leach and Adam James controversy propelled Texas Tech into the national spotlight, but besides that nothing much has happened. My most memorable experience at Texas Tech happened at my first football game. I was there with 50,000 of my closest friends. I missed the memo about having to stand the entire game. My feet were not too happy. The energy in the stadium was high and students and alumni were cheering at the top of their lungs. Thankfully, we won the game, but I’ll never forget all the feelings of pride I had towards Texas Tech. Throughout the Matador and Fight song, it was obvious everyone had scarlet and black running through their veins. The one thing people complain about at Texas Tech is parking services. They are not popular people on campus. Due to the fact that they are a separate entity from the Texas Tech Police, it makes it easier for them to give tickets. It’s simple, if you park in the wrong spot, you’ll probably get a ticket.

Jacqueline

Overall, I believe that truly anyone could call this school "home." As a native of South Carolina, I though it would be difficult to adjust to Texas Tech, but the town and campus is so full of pride that you truly feel like a red raider as soon as you step foot on campus. So far, everyone I've met both on and off campus has been extremely welcoming and friendly...and I'm used to southern hospitality so I have been very pleased with Lubbock. As far as size goes, I feel that Texas Tech has a large student body, and I've found that it is much easier to make friends this way. At the same time, the relations you build with both the student body as well as faculty makes the school seem a lot smaller and less overwhelming. For instance, my classes are small, and my teachers are readily available and very helpful. I have not yet had one teacher that I did not like. Overall, even on the days that I do not feel like getting out of bed and going to school, I always feel much better as soon as I get to campus. Really, the gorgeous buildings and friendly people definitely make you proud to be a red raider. Honestly, out of all the schools I was accepted to, I have no doubt in my mind that Tech is the right choice.

Laekan

I was born and raised in Lubbock, Texas and Texas Tech has always been an integral part of the community here. We are a “college town” in every sense of the phrase and as much as Texas Tech does to support local businesses and the local public school district, the Lubbock community does just as much to show their loyalty and love for the University. It’s hard to say whether the strong sense of community stems from the University itself or if it is inspired in the students by the Lubbock residents but one thing is for certain and that is that all of us, the students, the faculty, the staff, and the Lubbock community are all one big happy family. There exists an air of old-fashioned southern hospitality mixed with an artistic and unique modernity. People say “yes ma’am” and hold the door open for each other. There is also an authenticity to the people that seems to be slowly disappearing in other, more materialistic, parts of the world. The person sitting next to you in class may be wearing a baseball cap and a pair of converse sneakers or they may be wearing a cowboy hat and a pair of work boots with mud still caked on the soles, but none of that seems to matter to anyone. Every time I travel far from my home at Texas Tech I can always sense a difference and I often become homesick for the unassuming, friendly community and because of the nurturing atmosphere it was the ideal place for me to grow both academically and professionally.

Cassidy

Texas Tech is definitely amazing. :)

Kelsey

Texas Tech University is a great place to be. There are so many opportunities to get involved on and off campus. Whether you are interested in getting involved in a fraternity or sorority or you just want to get to know new people, TTU is a great place to do so. I love going to Texas Tech. I love that fact that Lubbock is considered a college town because it means that a lot of the things/events that happen in Lubbock are geared towards Texas Tech students. There is always something going on on or around the Tech campus which leaves no room for boredom. Although TTU may be a big university it is a community where you can meet friends that you will have for the rest of your life.

Megan

One of the most common stereotypes at Texas Tech is that "everybody who is anybody is greek". As someone who chose not to rush a sorority, hearing this in the beginning of my freshman year certainly caused me to look at my fellow students through the lens of being either greek or a non-greek. However, after the first semester of my freshman year I began involve myself more in both academic and extracurricular programs, and I realized this stereotype is not very accurate. While Tech does maintain a high population of greek students, it is very possible to form strong, lasting friendships outside of a fraternity or sorority. Looking around campus it oftentimes does still seem like everybody in sight is greek, however getting to know fellow students in my classes has led me to see that this stereotype is inaccurate.

Aric

The best thing about Texas Tech is all of the services that are offered. For example, a recreation center, library, printers, food court, and even a computer repair center. The one thing I would change is closer parking to your classes. I believe that our school population is just right and it's big enough to have a wide variety of people from all over the world. People react in a positive manner when I tell them I go to school at Texas Tech because it is a good place to get an education. I spend most of my time in the basement of the Mass Communications building because of the internet access and the printing that is paid in my tuition. The school's administration is pretty good, although there are some foreign teachers that can be hard to understand. The biggest recent controversy on campus was the firing of our head football coach Mike Leach. I believe that there is a ton of school pride here. I don't think that there is anything unusual about going to Texas Tech except for the free speech pavillion on campus where some people go and protest certain things. The one experience I'll always remember is everyone rushing the field after we beat Texas. The most frequent student complaints would probably be how long the buses can take and how expensive it is to park.

Lillia

I believe this college is adequate in providing an overall positive life experience. The campus is large, making it impossible not to find people you can relate to and enjoy your college experience with. When people hear that I go to TTU, almost everyone that has attended themselves or knows someone that has, has a positive reaction. However, people who have never been to the campus, or don't know someone that has, have a negative reaction. They think I go to a college town, aka. a party town. I let them believe this, because Lubbock does cater to TTU students, and I love it! Discounts everywhere, and constant college-oriented events happening; it's hard not to like living in a college town. As far as the education TTU provides, you get your money's worth. But you get so much more than an education when you attend a college like TTU, and that's what matters.

Texas Tech is located in the city Lubbock the heart of West Texas. Lubbock is deffinately a college town with a large college community around the campu itself. Texas Tech has a great Student Union Building complete with mutpile resturants, a Barns N Noble store, and a movies theater located inside of it. The administration is incredicbly helpful to any student willing to ask for help. Texas Tech fans have a large amount of school pride. Every Saturday in the fall you can find every seat in Jones AT&T Stadium filled with Red Raider fans. From football to basketball to our very own Quidditch team, Red Raiders support our teams in every way possible. Some complaints of the school would be the size of the campus. Texas Tech is the second largest campus in the nation. There are multiple buses that cover the campus daily. Weather can also play a role in student life. The weather in west Texas is always changing. It can snow in the morning and be bright and sunny in the afternoon. The one experience I will always remember would be when Texas Tech beats one of it's major rival, the fans will rush the field when the game is over. Nothing beats standing on the fifty yeard line, seeing everyone cheering.

Alexander

Texas Tech University in my opinion is the greatest school I could have chosen to go to. It is an extremely welcoming and friendly university that does not shy away from helping its students succeed in whatever they want to do for the future. It is the perfect size for a school and is successfully continuing to grow and get better. When I tell people that I attend Texas Tech, many already have a good idea of how great an institution it is and the fact that it is only getting better. On campus I tend to spend most of my time in the huge Recreation Center that Texas Tech has for it's students as well as the awesome Student Union. What also makes Texas Tech such a great school to attend is it's location in Lubbock. Lubbock is a huge college town where Tech is the center of attention for everyone. Because Tech is such a huge deal in this city students and residents themselves have the largest amount of school pride I have ever seen. It is through some of my best memories which take place at the Texas Tech football games, where you can really get a sense of how much pride all of these people have in this school. It is always exciting during these games to see the sold out stadium roar as the team runs out on to the field led by the Masked Rider or whenever our team makes a great play. In all of my years watching the sport I have still not been to a louder stadium. I really have never had any real complaints about Texas Tech since I've arrived at the school. The one issue that all students tend to bring up is how slow and long a process it is to sign up for new classes for a new semester when the time comes. Overall I can not say enough how great Texas Tech is and what an awesome experience any potential student would have if they chose to come here.

Alexander

Andrew

I love Texas Tech University, the campus is mainly contiguous despite it being one of the largest in the nation. We have an excellent bus system across campus and also to the many neighboring student apartments. The area surrounding campus is geared toward college students, providing most necessities within walking distance. Socially, there is always something going on, and Broadway and the Depot District are always having specials at bars for those over 21. Tech students have a lot of school pride which is exceptionally evident on game day. There are tailgates as far as you can see on campus, with some of the best BBQ you will ever eat. It is a great school academically and Lubbock is a fun large college city to live in.

Texas Tech is so much more than a university. My favorite thing, however, has to be the football games. They are heated and exciting and no matter how well or poor we do, people are there supporting our team. Most people, when I tell them I go to Texas Tech, ask me how I could live in a place where everything is so far away. I tell them, it's because everything's so far away that everyone here is so tight-knit, and that makes things even better. As far as size goes? It's a big school. No doubt. But what do you expect from one of the three big universities in Texas? While Texas Tech is a huge university, there is also a feeling of the local presence. The locals of Lubbock have a huge role in Texas Tech events and play a huge part in the lives of Texas Tech students.

Clint

The best thing about Tech is the laid back people. West Texans are well known for their friendly attitudes and it rolls over into the college life on campus. Tech has enough people to know your at a major university (around 30,000) and yet you see plenty of people you know walking around campus because the buildings aren't miles apart like at most big universities. I love going to the football games, and spend alot of time hunting and fishing West Texas. The thing I would change right now are gas prices, it's a way off for most people to get to Lubbock, but well worth it. I'll always remember rushing the field or court after we beat a top 5 team in football or basketball, which we have done every year since I've been there. I think Tech has the nicest campus in the state, but needs to add on to the football stadium. Generally people who go to Tech love it, people who don't know nothing about it.

Melissa

The best thing about Texas Tech is the variety of different activities and different majors the school has to offer. You can't find somewhere to fit in and get involved your not looking very hard or your too picky. The school's building are really spread out so there is alot of walking but the campus architecture is so beautiful its a great way to get some exercise and take a walk.

Alex

Tech is just the right size. You get to meet so many people from everywhere. Every red raider supports all other raiders. People assume I go to Tech because i couldnt get into UT since I am from Austin, but the truth is I got into both UT and Tech and chose Tech because they made me feel more at home. Lubbock is all about tech...especially during football season! I love seeing the double t's everywhere!There is tons of school pride at Tech. The one complaint I have about Texh is the random weather! I'm not used to snow and dust storms, but I got used to it. Texas Tech is a school where not only do you get to learn but you get to have fun and have the time of your life.

stephanie

I think that Texas Tech is the perfect sized school because there are not too many students, and many of the classes are not huge lectures like most public schools. Also, Texas Tech has a great administration and counselors that are great for helping students choose classes and make the right decision academically. Despite Lubbock's reputation as a "boring, small town," it is actually the perfect college town. The town itself caters around Texas Tech University, and the people are very friendly. There are several different places in town for shopping and eating, and the town is easy to get around. Texas Tech has great school pride and represents the Big 12 well. Students have a good time at football and basketball games and there is always a lot of energy at sporting events. The students at TTU have great school spirit and it shows at the various games.

Jamie

We have the 2nd biggest campus in the entire country and people who go here are the coolest people ever in the world unlike people from A&M or University of Texas..Wreck' EM!! We ,Tech-sans, really enjoy our spare time around the campus and off-campus. Even though it seems there aint nothing to do, we always seek for things to do !!! People usually say "Texas Tech is boring or we have the highest STD rate in Texas and such such "...I say..." Have you even been to Tech ?" and "Do you know about us that well"...hm...Don't mess with us people ! :) and again.. "WRECK 'EM TECH!!"

When I tell someone I go to Tech the usual reaction is a comment about how flat Lubbock is or that the campus is in the middle of nowhere. Lubbock really is flat and there really isn’t a whole lot besides the campus around but that’s the fun of it. Everyone supports Tech and it is such a college town because most people you see are students themselves. The campus is really big but with all the architecture and sculptures around it makes it a pretty sight to look at. The best thing about Tech is the people and the school spirit. The people are so friendly and down to earth. There is a ton of that "Red Raider pride" amongst students and alums. Before every home game the Saddle Tramps wrap the Will Rodgers statue (right in front of campus) with red streamers and wrap student’s cars that are parked around campus. It gets us fired up for the games. Greek life is HUGE. I’m a Tri-Delta and can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I made by choosing to join a sorority. You interact with so many different groups of people and are always in the know about the events going on around campus. I know guys who say the same thing about joining a fraternity. The major issue I hear people complain about is the weather in Lubbock. One day it can be clear and sunny, next day there could be around 30 mile per hour winds, and the day after that there’s snow on the ground. It is very unpredictable. There are no drains in Lubbock so when it rains, it floods. Everyone planning on coming to Tech should invest in some rain boots. Also because Lubbock is so flat there are a lot of dust storms, sometimes it gets so bad that the skies look red. The grossest thing is the smell at times. There’s a slaughter house on the outskirts of campus somewhere and every month or so they have to do what they do with all the cows and the stench is literally unbearable for about two days. On a positive note, the summers are beautiful. Many students stay for summer sessions or just relax in Lubbock to stay near their friends. I’ve been here for three years and have stayed every summer for both sessions just taking a class or two and it is always a blast. I spend most of my time on campus in the SUB (Student Union Building) when I’m not in the Mass Communications building doing classes. The SUB has the cafeteria (which has a large array of restaurants and food to choose from, a Starbucks, a Barnes and Noble, electronic shops, and other small stores. There are also lounge areas to hang out if you have some extra time in between classes and don’t want to get off campus.

Texas Tech is overall a great school. The people are great and lots of fun! the main bad side to going to tech is just the distance of being away from most major cities. Although if you get mixed in with a crowd, then your set. Texas Tech has plenty of events going on during most weeks, for the most part you can find something to do by being interactive with some kind of organization. And yes Texas Tech is loud and VERY proud!!!

Kendall

Good education even though not as big as Texas A&M and tu. I wouldnt change a thing about my college career, I have learned a lot and have a great time doing it and met a lot of quality people. School size is perfect, however, TTU seems more like TTinc. in the past few months trying to get to 40000 students. Administration is decent, yet they really need to get some priorities straightened. Getting our accredidation put on probation was easily the biggest stain on TT in the past few years, all because some guy didnt file their paper work correctly. Tons of school pride. I will always remember beating OU twice at home in my college career, friends, many of the professors, and all the nights out on the town.

Kellianne

I love Tech because there are so many nice people, parties and things to do all the time, and although people think its in the middle of nowwhere it is actually a great school.

The best thing about Tech is that it is a great acedemic school. It is just the right size and full of school spirit. People react with pleasure. It isn't commom for people from my town to get accepted to a D1 college. I think it is a college town, but it would also be nice to settle down in the nicer parts of town. I will always remember the Price is Right by TAB. I got to go on stage, and I won a bunch of cool prizes! I think the biggest complaint is the weather, but Tech can't help that :)

Ryan

Texas Tech is a perfect place to go to college to get the WHOLE college experience. It's an absolutely beautiful campus (second largest in the country, as well). It may be in lubbock, far away from civilization, but it sort of provides a little college town bubble that's pretty fun to live in for a few years. The traditions and activities you can get involved in will keep you as busy (or not) as you want to be. Speaking of which, the football and basketball games will provide you with more than enough fun. The nightlife is pretty incredible for people of all ages, not just 21 and over. Plus, it's pretty cheap to live there while you're in school.

Cody

it is a great school in a great community. THe community is very supportive of the University & its students. Texas Tech is rich in tradition & really takes care of its current students as well as former students,the professors are readily available & there are plenty of tutorials available.

Bevan

I think Tech is great. There is a lot of school pride.

Alex

Texas Tech University has a beautiful campus that is easy to get use to. You always meet someone different everyday. Everyone is friendly and nice. The campus is huge and does take some time to walk to different classes so when picking out your schedule you have to know what buildings are where because if you don't you'll be late! It's funny because when I tell people that I go to Tech the first thing that comes to mind is Bobby Knight. Yes, he was the head coach for the basketball team but this year he decided to step down and let his son take over coaching. Of course to people who go to other universities have a bit of a cold shoulder when I tell them I go to Tech but then again, I do the same thing when they tell me they go somewhere else. It's a little school rivalry! When on campus, everyone usually goes to the SUB (student union building) it has a lot of stores and different places to eat. It's a place to hang out and chill with friends between classes. Personally, I love Tech but Lubbock is a town you have to get use to and explore the good qualities that it has. LOL. I'm still trying to find good things about Lubbock but it pretty much is a college town since half of it's population are students. Tech doesn't have much controversy...but if you watch the news, there was a talk about students making game day shirts that where banned. Then again, it's all been about school rivalry. Everyone has a lot of school pride...I know everyone is proud to be a Red Raider and know when to show "Guns up!" Around the campus at Tech, there is a lot of noticable creative art that is displayed. I think it makes the campus much more interesting to read the history and look at.

Tech is a big school it covers a large amount of land so there is a lot of walking from class to class. It isn't bad that it's large but it can get annoying from time to time. The only thing that people really associate TTU with is Bobby Knight and now that he's gone there isn't any kind of interest grabbing thing about TTU. I spend the majority of my time in the Human Sciences Building, which has a great program but they are getting screwed on funding, but I guess our football team that sucks needs all the high end stuff over the actual educational things needed on campus. There is some school pride but we are usually marked as the "unsportsman like behavior" school. If anyone can recall the Vick 'em t-shirts which never should have been pulled from production. The were not the most tasteful things but thats the style of TTU. The STD rate stuidly high here and thats pretty nasty. I guess one of the biggest problems is the weather in Lubbock. It is hot one day and snowing the next. There are wicked hail storms and some days the sky is brown because it is so windy and there is so much dirt.

Connie

I think Tech is fine the way it is. I think they could get better teachers in the science department, you know teacher that actually know how to teach and communicate information so that the dumbest person in the room will understand, but outside of that this school rocks. We have the support of Lubbock in everything we do. Lubbock isnt even a college town. Lubbock's economy is fine without the college but they make themselves a college town because they support their students. We have the best and rudest fans ever. We love to talk trash here and we do it well. There are a ton of small town sheltered people who come here so if you a liberal, watch out because you will be opposed. That's west Texas as a whole though. Also race relations arent that great. People love to believe the stereotype out here that makes life if you a person of any color extremely annoying. The number one complaint is that Lubbock is a dry county. Gotta love being the largest college in the United states, in terms of land mass.

Alex

Tech is so much fun. The football and basketball games are absolutely amazing and the entire school and alot of the city are all about the football game that day. Lubbock is just the right size. It is not a big city, but there is still so much to do that you most likely would not do if you live in San Antonio, Dallas, or Houston.

I think that Texas Tech is the perfect size and in the perfect location.

craig

texas tech is a kick ass school the only problem is that it is located in a town full of squares if you are a student lubbock is cool when school is going on but when we leave it can get a little depressing. i wouldn't say we have a lot of school pride but we do get on the defensive if we get shots from schools who if not equal are worse like texas and texas a&m. nothing is really that unusual about texas tech it is a fun school. the experience i will remember is when we had the ultimate pool party at university courtyard(off campus housing) it was beyond awesome. the most common complaint is that the school is too big and walking is a big part of your day

Audrey

Texas Tech is by far THE BEST CHOICE! Lubbock is pretty much centered around Texas Tech which makes a great atmosphere. The people here are very friendly and Tech is constantly stiving to improve every aspect the school has to offer.

andrew

the best thing about tech is the the people. everyone is very friendly

Diana

Tech is a good school if you want a semi-big atmosphere with alot to do. We aren't hard core fans like the Aggies, but everyone wears Black and Red and is proud. We have a great campus with great food, and the weather is usually pretty nice. It's one place in Texas where you get all seasons. There is a big mix of people here and Lubbock is alot bigger than most people think. It has the most restaurants and most churches per capita in the southwest, and Texas Tech is the biggest campus in the nation, believe it or not.

Allison

I love Tech's campus it is beautiful I havent seen a college campus yet that could beat it. There are a lot of people who go to Tech but I feel its appropriate amount of people. There is an amazing night life here in Lubbock the clubs and parties rock. The students are very school spirited on game days its crazy fun. Latest controversy would probably be the Vick Em' shirts that came out during 07' football season. Whenever I say I go to Texas Tech people are ether impressed or they make a comment about how they were cheated out of a win in a football game. Living in the dorms are amazing and some of my favorite memories are from there.

Texas Tech is a really large school and is still looking to grow. When I tell people I go to Tech I always get Raider Rash comments, or comments on the architecture progam. When I'm on campus I'm usually in my dorm or in one of the places to eat. The town of Lubbock can be pretty sketch, especially the WalMart at night time, I'd suggest going in groups. The most recent controversy was when that boy made "Vick Em'" shirts, that was a HUGE deal on campus. The football games are AWESOME. We break the benches and that's always cool to see. One experience I'll always remember is when I accidentally purchased a Fraternity Brother at the Miss Greek Competition. Luckily, the money went to charity.

I absolutely love it at Tech. I hated it when I went to orientation. But after I met a bunch of amazing people, I began to see myself here for the rest of my college career. Of course you'll going to meet those people that you just don't get along with. But that shouldn't ever discourage you from giving a great college like Texas Tech a chance. The campus is beautiful and full of student art around the campus. The spring is the best because there are red and yellow tulips all around campus and they are absolutely gorgeous. The best thing about the fall is football season. The school spirit and all the traditions are astonishing. In the summer there are endless pool parties. There is usually never a cloud in the sky. It's beautiful. The best thing about the winter is the beautiful snow. Most of the time if you go to a class while it's snowing outside, you'll get in-class points or extra credit. The city of Lubbock isn't all that great, but the people are very nice. Sometimes at night the whle city smells like cow poo, so don't think it was your friends. If you come from a big city you're probably used to hearing honking while driving. The people in Lubbock hardly know what a car horn is. But nevertheless, you'll always see a smile on their faces.

Jordan

Tech is an amazing school. I don't think there's a single one of my friends at Tech that, if possible, would go back to senior year in high school and change their choice of university. We have a beautiful campus, and it's continuously being added on to or upgraded. If I could change one thing, it would be the amount of school pride among Tech students. We always have good attendance at sporting events, but I wish it would be GREAT attendance. Speaking of, I love the size of our school. It's big enough to meet someone new everyday, but it's small enough to where your professors know your name (if you take the time to introduce yourself). It's also one of the biggest consecutive campuses, so you're able to walk to all our classes (hence the "consecutive" part) but large enough to get you a little exercise (hence the "big" part). It's also a ton of fun, because Lubbock is definitely a college town. The town is very happy to have Tech a part of it, and the town gets just as involved with football tailgating and school events as the students. Some people (that obviously don't go to Tech) complain that "Tech is in the middle of nowhere." But more than likely, those people go to SMU or TCU and their student population spends every weekend driving to "the middle of nowhere" to hang out with us. Our student body generally spends most weekends here, because for such a "small town in the middle of nowhere" we have a LOT going on.

Brandi

One of the best things about tech is that its just such a beautiful campus. The buildings are really pretty and its a great place to take pictures if you ever needed any with a old fashion style. The only thing id change is that since it is such a big campus we really need more buses to help get people to class faster. Other than that it is a nice size. Usually people are pretty interested when i tell them i go to texas tech, especially older people because when they were in college tech was known as a huge party school so they want to know what parties are like now and how the teachers are. well truth is, tech likes to party. there is rarely a weekend that there isnt a party going on but for most people its not a problem with school work and staying focuses. most people learn fast they dont want to be in college for 7 years so they dont get too out of control. it is a college town i mean there isnt much else in lubbock but tech, thats what attracts people. you cant beat everyone in town going to a football game on saturday or it being the highlight of every news channel. sometimes you forget its an actual town and there are high schools and elementaries! Techs administration is pretty good though ive never had a problem with getting in contact with someone if i ever had a question about classes or grades. they are really helpful and really do want to know your opinion about the professors they hire. there is definitely a lot of school pride, you dont want to drive through lubbock with a longhorn sign or aggie tshirt on because you will get thrown out of lubbock! even the tech alumni that still live here whether they are 30 or 80 will get onto people wearing anything other than tech. its pretty awesome! so far my experiences at tech have been great. its a lot of fun and people live for football and basketball season around here! there are a lot of good organizations and programs here to fit just about everyones interests, rarely have i ever hearrd anyone complain about anything to do with tech, except the police that think they are the toughest people around, but other than that its a great college!

Texas Tech is definitely a college town. The only thing I would change is making Lubbock closer to home. Other than that I wouldn't ever wish I had chosen any other school.

Melissa

Tech is place where people are proud of their school. Everyone at Tech cheers for the school, and feels the pain when something not so amazing happens at our school. The big thing about Tech is that students actually connect with each other, professors, and other staff member at the university.

Edgar

Everything... the school spirit on Saturdays that really start on Thursdays... the atmosphere of walking through one of the biggest campuses in the Nation is pretty incredible.... Beating A&M every year....The Horse running down the side-line of the football field.... The Guns going off....The people

Colin

People react indifferent when I tell them I go to Tech. Unfortunately, they dont seem too impressed. I think it is just a growing school and doesnt have the reputation it deserves yet.