Texas Tech University

« See more reviews of Texas Tech University

Everyone has the right to a higher education. There are some students at every school who work hard for their education and others who don?t. I believe universities should eliminate students who do not care about their education, in order to open a spot in that classroom for someone who does want to have a better education. Someone who puts forth no effort in the classroom should not be welcome into a university. This does not mean a student with less intellectual knowledge then another peer. It just means a student who is unwilling to try for an education.

Any student that has long term goals and is willing to provide the effort for academics as well as other extracurricular activities will deffinatly be successful at Texas Tech. There is a high emphasis on school spirit at Tech so whoever is willing to stand up and shout in the stands will fit in well here. Texas Tech is a highly conservative school and it is important that students know this and consider this before they think of attending. However there are many clubs and organizations for students who may not fit into this conservative common mold.

Texas Tech University is a rather large school. In the year 2008 alone over twenty-eight thousand students attended the school so anyone who would do better in a smaller college should not attend this school. Students who attend Tech will incounter class lectures of over 900 students, a large campus, and resident halls of up to 12 floors. Some people would benifet from this type of enviornment and feel comfortable in such a large community but others would do better in a smaller school and these individuals should not attend Texas Tech University.

I believe this goes for any college you plan on attending, but if you believe that college is just like high school and that you don't have to study for exams or you don't put little to no effort in your school work, you will not survive. Don't go to Texas Tech University just to say, "Hey, I'm in college" either. The professors and students here take their work seriously and most likely you will be surrounded by students who are ready to learn and are striving to become successful in life.

If you don't like big schools then don't attend this university. This is school is big and fun. School spirit is very important, and most students love football. Our college wouldn't be the best for someone who is looking for an artistic school. We are very conservative and southern. If you like the big city stay away. Lubbock is out in the middle of nowhere, but it has it's own small town feel. It is a good balance between city and small town. But it is not really close to much.

Anyone who feels more comfortable in big cities. Lubbock and the campus has a small town feel. If you are not religious or hold different religous beliefs other than Christianity, you might want to choose a different school. I would like to emphasize that as far as I have seen, there has been no hate crimes or signs of bigotry. If you don't like football, are a longhorn, or a&m fan, DO NOT COME HERE. There have been reports of Tech fans jumping Longhorn fans.

A person should not attend Texas Tech Univeristy if they are doubtful in the university. Doubt can hinder any student who is not well enough prepared to attend TTU. Texas Tech University is a university for students who are independt and outgoing. If one does not classify under these categories, they will have a challenging time adjusting to the change and making friends. In order to scucced at TTU a student must believe in themselves before anyone else.

Every person is uniquely different and special in every way. Whether it is their goals in life or the major they choose. It only takes the right college to make them strive academically and later in life. I believe that every type of person has the right to attend any college. No one has the right to deny a person's education for any reason. College exists for the people not the other way around. Everyone should attend my college that is my belief.

For some people, who prefer a closer connection between student and professor, this school might not be the best for them. The classrooms can sometimes be intimidating especially when there is a ratio of 400 students to one professor for one class. Some people work better in a more familiar setting with fewer people but Tech is set up like a buisness and it is easy to get lost in the crowd of fellow competitors.

Let me just say that everybody are allowed to attend texas tecch university but you got to be serious. if you are not you can not be part of the university. In order to be accepted there, they get a look at your backgroung education if you are not qualified meaning you do not fullfill all the requirement you will not get in. Texas tech is only for serious student because there studyind is the key.