Texas Tech University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Tech University

Zaira

Overall a great atmosphere. There is always plenty to do, and plenty of people to meet. Huge campus so I don't feel as bad if I miss a workout due to studying. There's a nice variety of food to choose from, and its great quality, not as good as a home cooked meal of course. Overall Texas Tech has created a safe, loving home from me away from my home.

Eric

Texas Tech University far exceeded my expectations. Being an African American coming to a PWI, I wasn't sure how to feel but now with only a few weeks left of my freshman year I can honestly say I wouldn't choose any other University. The students are very friendly and welcoming as well as professors and staff. My only complaint would be the weather and surrounding area. I am from the Dallas, Texas which is heavily populated and well stocked with things to do. Lubbock is not filled with alot of activities for young college students, which is why alcohol and drugs scene are favored. The weather doesn't know what season it wants to be in, raining one day, cold the next, then hot all in one day or sporadically throughout the week.

Shelbie

My overall opinion of Texas Tech University, is that the faculty always has the students best interest in mind. While other students aren't always perceptive of others opinions the majority of students like to hear other peoples' opinions and don't try to push their ideas on others.

Elysia

Texas Tech has a beautiful campus and there are many events and activities constantly going on inside the campus. It's fun and there is something for everyone. The buses make everything a lot easier and people are really friendly as well. However, outside Texas Tech, in Lubbock, there really isn't much to do. On an academic standpoint, I would say that the education provided just really depends on the professors. I was lucky to get three amazing professors this semester. However, I did get one that just wasn't a very good teacher and the whole class was basically self taught.

Ameen

Very nice and scenic campus. A large variety of clubs and extracurricular activities to partake in, Class sizes, however are of issue, some can have 200 people, rendering it much harder to get the help of the person teaching the material, rather than a part-time paid TA.

Christine

Texas Tech University is perfect for those who seek a career in engineering or law. I was transferred in through their TTAP program in which they were more helpful than the advisors at the actual university and many students who have gone through the program still seek their advice after they are enrolled into the university. I, however, have not found those who are pursuing the medical field, found any help as to what classes, where to get help or who to even talk to as my assigned advisor would just recommend a few classes and kick me out of their office. I, on my own, looked up organizations and associations to join to be more involved in the school and to gain more knowledge about what's coming in the future of my career path to be a dermatologist. I believe seeking my degree elsewhere at another university with less isolation and more sources of surrounding cities would suit me better as I have not made much progress at the Texas Tech University. Culturally, the school is very spirited in their sports as their student sections are always filled with spirit. The school itself, has a very western touch.

Hope

Overall, Texas Tech is a great university to attend! There are plenty of opportunities for all kinds of people and interests. Students and staff have all been so welcoming and inviting and it really makes being here so much easier. Sports are taken seriously and school spirit and pride is greatly encouraged. Though the food may not always be the best, you are bound to find at least one place on campus you can always rely on. Resources are plentiful.

Texas Tech is the school you see in the back of the classroom who might be overlooked by everyone, but is getting A's in all their classes. Although the air might smell what can be only described as "Lubbock air" the school is amazing. Greek life is a large part of the school. It's a growing town so it has the bare necessities and the community when sports or any competition is happening is thrilling. Go to Tech and if you do maybe you can part take in the small town huge college atmosphere.

Cristian

I believe that Texas Tech is a great university that houses plenty of opportunities for students to grow and to express themselves. Though the school needs a bit of updating. I also wish that some of the school groups had more opportunities to allow students to participate no matter their schedule.

Chukwudi

Texas Tech University is an amazing school. The involvement opportunities with clubs and organizations is immense making it impossible for an individual to find an extracurricular activity that doesn't fit their preferences. Although the school itself is way above par, the community is not exactly welcoming. Some of the students on campus are biased towards specific ethnic groups which, at times, makes those individuals feel unwelcome. Then again, there are organizations that advocate for the fair treatment of all and attempt to make all students on campus feel welcome and at home.

Ana Gabriela

I absolutely love Tech! It is a college town but you have everything you could ever needing Lubbock! Being involved is really important here and it's how many thrive. Tech sets you up to be successful and gives you all the tools, you just have to take advantage of them!

Uzorchukwu

Over all, i think that Texas Tech is an institution that allows students to explore options they may be unfamiliar with and may later enjoy. it is a campus that is very much beautiful in scenery as well as the interactions people have day to day.

Anastacia

I choose to attend Texas Tech because it's a big university in a college town. I love being able to talk about my school, and see students and athletes excel at the national level, knowing they are my peers. The academics are excellent, and it is linked to an outstanding medical center and medical school, which is very important to me. The cost of the university is reasonable, and many alternative payment methods are made available for student of all financial backgrounds.

Shelby

The campus at Texas Tech is indescribable. I notice another beautiful statue every time I walk to class with an inspirational quote. Texas Tech is also true to its alumni which I LOVE. Not only do they have an insanely large alumni association who basically run the entire school but they also have their names plastered on everything. Literally. It's like they spend 4 years teaching you that you will be the biggest has been in the U.S. Personally, this is one of the reasons I loved Tech but if school spirit isn't your thing, I would definitely not choose Tech. Also, the amount of unsportsmanlike chants the student body yells at the game is atrocious. However, it wouldn't be Tech without the "We will hit 'em, we will wreck 'em, we will fucking kick your ass!" Stay classy Raiders.

hannah

I like Texas Tech University a lot. I could see how it would not be everyone's ideal choice, but the university suits me. There is always something to do, and you meet many new people. The professors are helpful, and if they have a lot on their plate, they have student teachers and others that can help you with anything that is needed.

Natalie

If I could get a do over in life I would be spend more time with my sister and brother because we are 10 years apart and I feel like we missed a lot of bonding time just due to the fact of our age differences. I would want to spend more time with them learning what they did in school so that it could help me through my years of school and draw me closer to them. I would be able to hear their experiences and learn from what they did and save myself some grieve and heartache. By spending more time with my older siblings, I could gain their perspective in life and visualize what they went through in their life and apply it to my life. In a sense, I think this would have made me a more rounded individual. We share inherited traits from our parents, leadership, accountability and integrity, and we went to the same schools, however our views are somewhat difference and it is due to the time we were born in .

Kaylee

Texas Tech is a very Lively university. Students are always kept at top priority , with generally small class sizes, and friendly professors. Students are politically active and the campus is very safe. Texas Tech how ever is located in a very conservative city causing there to be a huge lack in diversity.

Gianela

I have a sister who attends, therefore I visit about 5-6 times a semester. All I can say is that Tech has had me in love since day one. For someone who doesn't even attend, I have never felt so a part of something. The people are amazing, the energy on and of campus...amazing. I am a city girl but Tech is the only college city I could and ever will love. I am attending in the fall and it is the most excited I have felt in my whole life. If you are thinking of attending...think no more. Every college has its faults but Texas Tech as close to perfect!

Lia

Texas Tech University is a fantastic institution for higher education. Texas Tech's environment fosters intelligence in multiple ways, and forms individuals who are ready to enter their career fields and make positive contributions to society. The College of Architecture is no exception, and has lead me to various opportunities and experiences that I would have never imagined.

Bridgett

I do like Texas Tech very much but, one thing I don't like is that the girls on my floor are always drunk and the bathrooms are very messy. Other then that Texas Tech is great. Great classes, food, people, and amazing services. Maybe some students should focus more on school and less on getting blackout drunk.

Adonis

When I took psychology my junior year of high school and heard my teacher talk so highly about the school I knew thats where I wanted to be. After visiting the campus back in April of this year I fell in love with the school and immediately knew that this is the place for me. This school will allow me to grow as a person and achieve new goals in my life that I have set.

Mayah

I love Texas Tech, it is a very welcoming campus. There are so many things to do on campus and off if you look in the right places. It is a beautiful campus with amazing people and there is rarely any trouble. The professors are also very helpful and informative.

It is the best campus I have ever been to. I enrolled this semester and I am so excited to spend my next four years at Texas Tech University as a Red Raider. Everyone on campus treats you like family and the traditions on campus keep everything fun and exciting.

Bamidele

Texas Tech is a very nice campus where a student can find their future, family, and passion. Many professors are willing to help and there are resources on campus that can help a student with almost anything. There is a friendly environment on and off campus and people all around are willing to help. This University has a lot of events to keep people entertained but it is important to stay on top of your education. In my opinion, Texas Tech is one of the best Universities in Texas and the United States.

Ethan

Texas Tech University is a place full of adventure, character developing, and educational thinking. Overall, it’s a place that provides excellent education and opportunities to find out the adult you truly are destined to be. To top it off, the school provides teacher-student interactions that’ll help students that are better learning hands-on or distant face-to-face contact.

Ashton

While Texas Tech is a great school and has a beautiful campus, the cons outweigh the pros for me. All of my professors have been wonderful, and the advisors and staff are delightful and helpful. Unfortunately, the location of this school makes it unbearable for me. It is at least 300 miles to any worthwhile city, which is quite a drive for a day trip. I do sincerely wish the school was in a better town, because if that were the case, I would not be applying to schools to transfer.

Texas Tech is my Home away from my family and I feel like since I’ve been here this campus has grown into my family. I am a freshmen on campus but I feel like the next 4 years of my life here at Tech will be the most important and most fun I will have my whole life. I recommend Tech to anyone wanting to go to a university because Lubbock is my Home and I want to share the greatness of my home with everyone.

Krystal

I think Texas Tech is a great school and i have had a great time here so far! Whoever wants to apply to Texas Tech should absolutely go through with it because it is a great learning experience academically, and mentally. I will 100% be recommending my friends back home and whoever i may know to come here!

lindsay

Texas Tech has many opportunities academically. The class sizes range from 40-300 which isn't always efficient in learning. The professors and staff are great. The student housing is very comfortable and safe. The campus is huge and it provides great academic help to ensure the best in its students. Tech has been a great experience so far!

Logan

I love this university! I have had a great experience with all of my professors and they really care about their students. It is a very big university but has a small university feel. There is always a ton of activities to participate in during the week and the weekends throughout the campus. I highly recommend this university to any one looking to go to college!

Le

Both my mom and my dad went to Texas Tech, so I knew where I was going! As an art student, I am pleased to say that this campus supports artistic endeavors. In fact, Tech has one of the largest collections of campus art. The most recent additions are bronze castings of ancient roman statues and it is an absolute joy to walk by them every day. With its Spanish renaissance architecture and statues galore, Texas Tech truly is one of the most beautiful campuses in America. This university is in my home town of Lubbock which can only be described as city meets country. Lubbock is large enough that there is plenty to do if you know where to go, but still has a small town feel to it, along with small town manners. People in these parts will give you directions with a smile and friends are easy to come by which is great for a shy person like me. Lubbock is also known for its plethora of restaurants. Food can be found on every corner and the authentic Mexican dinners are to die for. Here in Texas, we take our football very seriously. My favorite traditions include wrapping the Masked Rider Statue with red ribbons before football games and petting the mascot when he gallops around the stadium. How many universities have their own campus pony? I am really enjoying my time at Texas Tech and if you like good food, friendly people, and football then you will too!

Texas Tech University is an amazing school. The professors are very helpful and easy to contact if a student needs ask them a question for an assignment or they need to schedule a time to meet if the student is not able to go the the professors office hours. It is also easy to get around campus with the CityBus system, allowing students to be able to their classes easily, especially when it is cold and snowy/rainy.

alexis

Texas Tech is a great University to come too! The baseball and basketball games are to die for, football not so much. We have so many great professors from all over the country and even some parts of the world. The community of Lubbock is around the school 100% and is always friendly to college students. Yes, there are some downsides to this campus, but what campus does not have their negatives. I have loved my time here in Raiderland and am so happy I chose to get my college degree here!

Emma

I have a very high opinion of Texas Tech because of the student life, the sporting events, the academics, and the safety of the campus. I have visited the campus and the tour guides were very helpful and very kind. The specific major sessions were as well very informing and very kind with what they were telling me. I have been to many of the football games and they have yet to disappoint me! First, the amount of security make me feel extremely safe I know that if someone who has foul intentions the security at the games would not let it get past them. Second, the energy in the stadium is electrifying! The cheerleaders, the band, the pom squad, the student section, the commentator, and even the crowd. All of those things always make the atmosphere of the games great! Lastly, the football team makes the games so enjoyable to watch. I would love to see how the other sporting events are at Texas Tech.

Texas Tech is a very nice university but seems to be lacking a certain characteristic that makes the school special. There are still many people very passionate about this university but the number of students not passionate about this school largely out weigh the few who are passionate about Texas Tech.

Garrett

The first time I stepped on the campus of Texas Tech, I felt immediately welcomed by the entire student body and faculty. I quickly found Tech to be an incredibly supportive, diverse, and inclusive school. While studying here, it is apparent that the success of every student is the top priority for Tech. Anytime that I have needed assistance in classwork, involvement in campus life, or even technology help, there has been somebody more than happy to answer any and all questions I had. Overall, Tech has an encouraging atmosphere.

Thomas

I love Texas Tech and wouldn't have chosen any other school to attend for my undergraduate degree. The diversity of the school is growing, the student body is supportive and full of spirit. If you want to go to a big beautiful school, Texas Tech is the place for you!

Tayler

Texas Tech is an amazing school. As soon as I set foot on campus I knew it was my home. So far, majority of my professors truly care about you and helping you succeed. The campus is gorgeous, and the community life is fun to be a part of. Wreck em'!

It is a little isolated and with not very much going on coming from someone living in the DFW metroplex, however I believe it is an amazing university with plenty going on and a vibrant campus life that relies heavily on partying but if you plan to stay away from that idea of college you will definitely not be alone.

Kearstin

I am impressed that Texas Tech has a Fashion Design degree available. The campus is beautiful but stretches for a distance that makes for a VERY long walking trek. The atmosphere centered around the college athletic programs is phenomenal, but the constant party theme is a stressor!

Musfique

Texas Tech University is a huge school and has a beautiful campus. There is diversity in people which brings out the different cultures. Students are very active and helpful. I visited the campus a week ago and everyone was so nice and helpful which made me feel welcomed. Their degree programs are excellent.

Tithi

I can just contrast Tech with the UT since that is the main another huge college I've been to, yet the best thing about Texas Tech is most likely the laid-back mentality. Generally, it appears that the vast majority of the understudies are really well disposed of with each other. Perhaps its that West Texas mentality, I don't have the foggiest idea. Additionally, I like the kind of insubordinate disposition that the fans have at football match-ups. I realize I said that I'm humiliated by a portion of the things that the fans do, and I am, however here and there some different schools CAN be excessively twisted up. I'm not saying I like a portion of the inept things that fans concoct at football match-ups, however now and then you simply need to release up a bit. You must love our hues as well. Dark and red are simply incredible. One thing I'd change is unquestionably the discourteous fans at football match-ups. It's a genuine generalization and its consistently at the forefront of my thoughts when I tell somebody my age that I go to Tech. At the point when I advise individuals I go to Tech, they are happy I picked a huge college, yet it's sorry amazement since its the main D1 school anyplace near my old neighborhood. I'm from Amarillo, which is just 2 hours from Lubbock. To the extent schools near and dear, we could look over Amarillo College (extraordinary compared to other junior colleges in the nation), West Texas A&M (a D2 school, and sadly part of the A&M framework) or Texas Tech. I invest the greater part of my energy in the Student Union Building. I like to go ground floor and sit in the two TV rooms that generally play ESPN throughout the day. I can go in there, have lunch, watch Sportscenter, and perhaps talk it up with somebody about sports. I simply like the SUB since its a pleasantly planned structure and you simply feel a decent school vibe simply being there. I would state it's a truly decent school town. Lubbock would unquestionably not be anything near what it is without Tech, yet Lubbock doesn't blossom with the main Tech either. Its the center point city for the greater part of the open land between Dallas, San Antonio, Denver, Oklahoma City, and Albuquerque. Amarillo is essentially simply like Lubbock aside from it doesn't have a huge college, so I realize what Lubbock would resemble without Tech. It wouldn't have that school town feel and mentality, where you realize you can go to Whataburger at 3 in the first part of the day and you will see different understudies there as well. The greatest debate here as of late was presumably Bob Knight stopping the lead trainer position of the b-ball group. The ball isn't so large as a football, so it's odd to imagine that the most dominating school b-ball mentor in history stopping would likely not get as a lot of neighborhood discussion as to if Mike Leach quit. I think there is a great deal of pride. One thing that Texas Tech doesn't have as much as a ton of different schools is customs. We were framed a lot later than a ton of schools in Texas, so a portion of our conventions don't go back close to the extent that others', yet school pride is unquestionably present. You must concur when you hear the grounds visit guides telling the understudies and their folks that Will Rogers and Soapsuds' butts face towards Texas A&M. Unordinary things... these grounds are so enormous. It's the second greatest grounds in the country. While that is pleasant in light of the fact that everything is so spread out and decent to see, that is a long stroll to and from certain classes. I surmise that implies more opportunity to spend looking at the women. I just moved here in the fall of '07, however, something I will consistently recollect is the point at which we beat Texas A&M in football after Javorsky Lane ensured success for his Aggie group. As he and his group strolled under the understudied area after the game was over into the storage spaces, the whole understudy segment hollered, "Guar-a tee! Guar-a tee!" I've heard a great deal of understudies grumbling that they can't comprehend their educators due to their articulations. I don't have a clue whether it is a regular at different schools all things considered here to have remote teachers, however, I've needed to drop a class myself basically on the grounds that I couldn't comprehend my educator. I think Texas Tech is an amazing school and I can't wait to be part of their Raider Family!

Thomas

I think it is good college. I am happy with the education and there are so many ways to participate in extra activities. I like that this school is close to stores and places to eat and walking distance to most places that I need to go to. I don't worry about access to anything.

Betty

I loved my time at Texas Tech, and as an alumnus I have enjoyed watching the university grow. It has become a Tier 1 university, the extracurricular activities are successful across the board. The university is investing money in new buildings, and renovating older buildings to keep our campus able to function in the new age of technology. It is a great place to go to school.

Chloe

it is wonderful. I am so glad that i chose to go to school there, for it will be the best four years of my life. i can not wait to start school. i am so excited. it will be so much fun, and I will have a great time. the people are great. the school is great.

Larissa

Texas Tech is a relatively good campus, the campus itself is huge though, it would be better for somebody who is super outgoing. I have also noticed there are not many Hispanics on campus and I feel somewhat out of place, people are either friendly or complete assholes, it's hit or miss. The class sizes for freshmen are huge so don't expect a one-on-one experience.

Ty

I honestly love Texas Tech University. I truly felt like I was accepted here with open arms. When time came around for me to receive my decision letters from the different colleges I applied to I was rejected from many of the top tier schools I badly wanted to go to at that time. Around this time I reached out to the chancellor of tech, who replied to me surprisingly, and had an amazing conversation with him on the phone about tech and what they offer. He extended an offer for me to come down to the campus to tour it and attend their raider connect day which was only for accepted students, which I wasn't yet. All in all to say Texas Tech accepted me with open arms when I felt like the world was turning on me. I couldn't be any more proud to say that I am a red raider now. It truly is an amazing school that likes to help their students one on one with whatever they can. They also have many traditions which I just adore. On special days you can also catch the masked rider strolling throughout the campus with fearless champion by her side.

muniba

I just like it this college nut I am not sure hat I will go in the same college like i said.

Druv

Awesome

Oluwademilade

I am currently enrolled as a freshman. These answers came from my extensive online revision of the school. SO far, I am loving it. I love the community and family I get to be apart of. Many other schools I applied to create a lot of stress and emptiness, creating anxiety. However, even though I have not been to campus, I already feel like I have a home. Thank you.