Texas Tech University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Texas Tech University

Tyler

Texas Tech provides you with the opportunities to succeed in the classroom, outside the classroom, and after graduation. They place an emphasis on after graduation placement. It is an incredible family environment that is not found anywhere else. They provide many on and off campus organizations for students to get involved.

Joanie

I love the teachers and their availability. Texas Tech has been incredibly accepting as a transfer student. Although I have not completely committed to my studies this year, there has been so much grace regarding the GPA department and the teachers access to extra credit opportunities.

Amir

It’s okay, not the best school, but okay. The food on campus is terrible. Besides Chick Fil a, there is only ganeric food available. Don’t come here if you’re vegetarian or vegan. There needs to be more franchise places. You would think a big school would have the money for better food.

I love it here! Texas Tech has provided great opportunities to meet new people and discover new experiences. They also provide a good education and professors and advisers that want you to succeed. As a non-traditional student Tech has been good about providing opportunities to get to know other non-traditional students.

Sydney

Texas Tech is a very underrated school. It has so much to offer that most people don't know about. They are one of the best schools when it comes to a balance of a good education and a fun college life. They are big on sports and safety it is incredible. Lots of spirit fill the small town. Great great great school, and I 11/10 recommend visiting.

Texas Tech University is a very diverse and open campus. It has been a very fun experience living on-campus and exploring the city outside of campus. The facilities are all different but easy to fine and very accommodating . Mostly all teachers are very knowledgeable of their field of study and are also very helpful and flexible in meeting with you. There are many extracurricular activities and school activities to meet new people and get to know what is on campus and available to help you. I can't wait for the new semester.

Destiny

Its really nice I visited it last week and I start in the Spring I honestly am really looking forward to going. The campus and place is overall very nice. They have so many places to eat or just get your basic needs. They housing is really nice and clean and I would highly recommend going here.

Zarin

Texas Tech University was my one of two options of places I wanted to attend after high school. I didn’t know whether I wanted to go here or OSU, but it seems like I made the right choice. After a very successful academic year my first year, I was also to be able to be apart of the student body of the upcoming athletics program. I have been able to be apart of something bigger than me, and being apart of that is something like no other. Being able to utilize the resources that have been given to me for academics, has helped me further succeed in my plans to become a Medical Doctor. There has never been a professor who didn’t know what he or she was teaching or a student who didn’t seem engaged. It is great as a student to be in a very well rounded environment that can help me achieve my dreams. It took me only a couple of weeks to realize that I loved where I was at, and I don’t think I will ever look back on choosing Texas Tech as my secondary academic learning place. I hope to even be apart of the Texas Tech School of Medicine in the upcoming years. With goals and ambitions, Texas Tech will help you succeed.

Daniela

It's alright; Lubbock is the problem. At the university, there are clubs for pretty much nay extra-curricular activity or cause you want. Professors are helpful and nice, and courses have been helpful. Advising does a good job of steering people in the right direction.

Tierney

I have been accepted at Texas Tech and have visited the campus four times already! I love the people I have met, the professors are all personable and approachable, and the campus is big and beautiful. I think my family and I visited just about every college in Texas, but Texas Tech was clearly the best fit for me. I start there in August, and I cannot wait! My Red Raider Orientation is this Thursday and Friday, and it is ON after that. I love being a Red Raider and I bleed Red and Black. Wreck Em Tech!

Brooklyn

I just finished my freshman year at Texas Tech and I absolutely loved it! I enjoyed all my professors and I loved living on campus. It was so beautiful all the time! Another thing I love about Tech is the passion and the spirit that everyone has there! It is an entire family of Red Raiders and I could not ask for anything better.

Christopher

My first time coming to campus was a little stressful because it was very big, but overall It is a decent campus depending on how much you can afford to pay. A good amount of the teachers are bad, the atmosphere around tech is fun and exciting though. 6/10 overall.

Makayla

the campus is beautiful and well kept. the freshman/traditional style dorms are pretty small but there is the option of upperclassman or suite-style dorms but they cost a little extra. the class sizes can be a little overwhelming at first but nothing you can't get used to. there's not much to do around the city and Lubbock is basically the middle of nowhere but the school is good about creating events that any student can attend or be apart of.

Trace

It’s a great university with a amazing culture and atmosphere not only for learning but for making sure that once your a red raider you are always a red raider. Free student admission into sporting events empowers every student on campus to participate and encourage our sports teams and wether or not you use them our professors have open office hours daily for and student who needs a little more teaching. Making Tech the complete and comprehensive college experience.

Faith

Texas Tech University is my dream school. I have been admitted, but I am in need of scholarship funds to have the ability to attend. I absolutely adore the community and the entire city of Lubbock. Some of my family used to live there so I am very familiar with the area. I love the extra curricular activities, academic opportunities, greek life, and students at Texas Tech University, and I am so thrilled to have the chance to be a future student!

Jolie

The faculty/staff are invested in the student's success and do not hesitate to help. The campus is quite large but that just adds to the beauty and allows more students to enjoy Texas Tech. The programs at Texas Tech both academically and extracurricular are excellent. Overall I believe Texas Tech is an outstanding University to attend.

noah

as a tier 1 scholarship, there's boundless opportunities to be upheld. the only person who can work and stop is you. Determination is key and so is reassurance,Yes you're going to feel as if it gets harder and harder, but you're gonna work for it. That hard stuff, its just god preparing you for the journey, because right now he's working overtime. so if you make it that far, go beyond and make a name of yourself and don' let others discourage you as well.

Sifat

It is the place to be! The class sizes are not that big and most of the professors hold regular office hours. The campus is extremely beautiful and has lots of dining options. Moreover, Texas Tech has an awesome Recreational Center. You guys should definitely google and see the leisure pool!!!!

Frances

Texas Tech is a good school that's accessible to a lot of people. It offers many opportunities for students to get involved in both academics and in their community. It offers unique experiences, such as undergrad research, that not many other universities offer. Texas Tech has a fun and welcoming atmosphere that can make anyone feel at home.

Texas Tech University is a good school overall and has great diversity. However, at Texas Tech there is a lot of spending you will have to do. For instance, there is no parking on campus that is close to your classes and anything close requires you to purchase a parking permit. They could provide more assistance for students, since they are already paying thousands in tuition. Free parking , cheaper books, materials, and food would make the university more accessible to all students.

eric

I love Texas Tech, my fellow students are respectful and genuinely nice individuals. My professors care about my education and encourage students to ask questions. The on campus living is nice as it forced me to talk to other people, but I met some of my best friends in my dormitory.

Karl

Texas Tech is a great place to go to school! The town itself that it is in has the feel of a giant small-town. It's perfect for people that prefer the small-town and less crazy feel to it. If you have a wandering personality though, it can seem dull and boring after 4 years of getting your degree. The school itself has a lot of amazing opportunities and activities to get people involved, no matter what you like!

Shelby

I love Texas Tech. I knew the minute I pulled onto the campus for the first time that my future was here. The atmosphere of the campus is laid back. The staff are helpful and friendly. I am relieved that I must meet with my academic advisor prior to each semester. She keeps me on track and helps me plan out my semesters in advance. I feel like Tech is extremely supportive of ALL students.

Jeanette

The University is great that only advice I would give is that do not commit to going to study abroad unless you are 100.000% sure that you are going to go including unforeseen events such as the loss of a loved one because if that is the case you will not get your money back.

Darci

There's a little spot on campus that has become my safe haven. The sun filters through the shady trees overhead, and give me plenty of light to work at the little metal tables that look out at the barn that seems so strangely out of place among the gorgeous Spanish architecture. Texas Tech has great academics: there isn't a single class I haven't loved, and plenty of opportunities to get involved socially. Not to mention the many ways the University reaches out to the local community. Yet, the thing that makes this college so special for me is the little nooks that we find and make our home. Whether that's a friend group, a sorority/fraternity, a favorite restaurant, or a little shady glen overlooking a barn, Lubbock Texas and TTU have a home waiting here for you. I hope you'll come find it.

Amber

I am a big fan of Texas Tech University. The teachers are passionate about what they are teaching and the school environment is very fun to be involved in. Sporting events are a huge part of Texas Tech University. It really brings the student body together as one for a common purpose. You have never seen a town more unified then over sports in Lubbock.

Tanya

Rich in history and traditions!

Haley

Despite the large student population, the Red Raider community feels close knit. It is an encouraging environment in the classroom as well. The professors are normally easily accessible and eager to assist you. The Honors College is easily the best thing that has ever happened to me. It has allowed me to have smaller class sizes and to be surrounded by a group of like minded peers. It is also a great place to be involved in undergraduate research. And the cherry on top: tons of scholarships are offered. There is constant advertisement for new scholarships available.

I love the culture here at TTU. The professors really care about the education and the well-being of their students. The students care about each other and there is a friendly and welcoming vibe around campus. Some greek organizations can be picky and there are, of course, people who can be shallow and not have that same friendliness or school spirit, but the overwhelming majority are happy to be here and show it in a lot of ways. College is fun and I'm glad I came to a school with a good academic reputation that also allows its students to relax and have a lot of fun on weekends and breaks.

Katie

Texas Tech has become my home. The faculty is made up of some of the most encouraging and supportive teachers I have ever had. The campus is always beautiful, and the grounds are kept up so well. The facilities are fantastic, and the student life is great. There is always something to get involved in. Love this university!

hannah

I'm currently a senior who has applied to attend Texas Tech University during Fall 2020 semester. I visited the campus during the summer and absolutely loved it. As you walked into the campus it was so pretty surrounded by trees and flowers and just the environment felt great. I liked the school, it's a pretty big campus it's not that diverse, so I would really like to see more diversity. The dorms may be a little small, but it's like that in many other colleges, and I'm not really used to going to community bathrooms but I can manage.

Celeste

Texas Tech offers many opportunities inside and outside the classroom. Many are hesitant because Lubbock is a "small town", but if you explore around. Get involved in any organization as soon as you can. It'll be one of the best decisions you make. Also attend any and all free events around campus.

Tayler

I love Texas Tech University. The campus is beautiful, the professors are great, and the opportunities are endless. It is so easy to get involved and you always feel apart. I would recommend Texas Tech University to anyone looking for a college. If you have heard anything about Tech, take it with a grain of salt and come visit the campus yourself because it will steal your heart like it did mine.

Kaitlyn

Texas Tech is a great place and is often overlooked by people. Tech has the best education program in the spare of Texas, is the only Texas school with a school of law, school of medicine, and soon to be veterinarian school on campus. Our basketball team made it to the NCAA championship this year and is the first Texas team to do that in over 15 years. Overall Tech provides a place where cultures come together and are able to learn about the other all while providing a place to grow academically.

Emileigh

I love my school. It's one huge tight-knit community. I love our sports, our drama departments, our Greek row and everything in between. The city has anything you could ever want and the campus has some amazing food. The dorms range in style and age, but I like them all. Some of them, though, could seriously have a remodel to help. I'm proud to be a Texan and even prouder to attend Texas Tech!

Jill

Texas Tech is a wonderful school that is full of fantastic research opportunities for all students in all programs. The facilities are very well maintained and the staff is nothing but friendly. The school spirit found throughout the campus is insane on game days and other spirit days held throughout the school year.

Sierra

The 2 most important things that should be considered when looking at a university are cost and quality of education which I feel Texas Tech delivers on both of these criteria pretty well (tuition is always expensive, but TTU is pretty generous with their scholarships). The dorms were well kept and there were a couple decent food options near my dorm, though I am excited to be moving to off-campus housing next semester. Overall, it's a good school.

Alyssa

It was my first choice of college to go to and since I got accepted, it feels like home when I'm there. I truly enjoy going to Tech and being able to hang out with friends and work on assignments together; going to games together to be in school spirit is also one of the best things about Tech.

Sabrina

Texas Tech is a very unique school. It's not too big but also not to small. The social life is great and it's easy to make friends. The layout is great and can pretty much get anywhere by walking or liming. Most of the people are nice and want nothing more than to help you succeed. Overall, even though I was worried about going to Tech, I'm supper glad I did.

Kelsey

My overall opinion of Texas Tech University is that is it very good. The professors are very caring and will help their students with almost anything. All the staff on campus are very nice and helpful. Overall Texas Tech has something for every student to join and feel apart of something.

Heather

Texas Tech offered me a valuable educational experience. I gained friends and confidence in those four years that allowed me to grow and become the person I am today. The surrounding community can be somewhat restrictive. We are in the middle of west Texas but somehow it has become my home. Texas Tech has a vast variety of courses one can take, from meat judging to engineering, to the upcoming veterinarian school we will soon be building. I sincerely valued my time here and will never forget it.

My overall opinion is that Texas Tech is a wonderful university with a great reputation for academic success for its students, but the campus itself is enormous. I was rather intimidated by the sheer size of the campus, until I found that there are people who are happy to point you in the right direction. I love the apartment style housing that I am living in right now, because I'm allowed privacy when I want it. I have just arrived on campus, but my opinion is that I will enjoy my time here.

Cyre

Texas Tech University is a very big campus. Since my freshman year, I have always made new friends and everyone is very friendly. I was a student-athlete so I spent a lot of my time at the practice facility or at the Marsha Sharp center which is a place for athletes to get tutoring and do their work in peace. I really love the campus and I would advise more people to visit.

Alexa

The community is amazing, going to games and just walking around is so much fun. Some of the classes could have better teachers to teach them.

Rozalyn

This is truly a college experience that I wish everybody, including my high school friends, could experience. Everybody knows that Texans are nice and polite people, but when you are living in Lubbock, it always feels like you are part of a giant red raider family.

Kabrina

TTU is great! there is plenty of everything here and is very broad in every aspect. There are plenty of organizations/clubs to join and many on campus services you can benefit from. Almost every residence has a food court, which is awesome because you don't need to walk far to get something to eat! I never regret making TTU my school!!

Ethan

Texas Tech University is an amazing place to find awesome friends, get involved, and get an education. It is very easy to find friends and things in which to be involved. It is harder to be uninvolved then it is to find something to devote yourself to outside of class.

Becca

Overall amazing school for AG related majors.

Ansleigh

Texas Tech University is a place like no other. It’s welcoming campus environment and the shared unity among students makes my experience as a student extremely enriched. There are so many opportunities to get involved in the local community both on and off campus, and it’s academia prepares you for the real world.

William

I plan on attending Texas Tech, and have recently toured the place. The school has many extracurricular activity, and many stories to be made just from my one visit. The overall feeling about Tech seems really calm and great while maintaining the environment for academics and weekends has many opportunities to have fun and enjoy yourself.